(58)

Song Above: Opposite Of Loving Me Etham ( who happens to my boyfriends best friend) Check him out!

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

IVY

Tiny droplets of water slid down my cheeks causing my eyes to slowly open. I instantly looked up at the clouds that swarmed the sky like an angry tyrant and realised I had fallen asleep. I pushed myself up with my palms so I was in a sitting position, ignoring the way the muddy grass squelched and stuck to my hand.

I moved the stray hair out of my face that had clung to my skin and as I slowly regained consciousness the past twenty-four hours hit me like machine gunfire. I put a hand to my heart in an attempt to conceal the hurt that flooded through me.

Just because your dad is fucked up doesn't mean mine is.

How casually those words had slipped out of the one person I thought I could trust, who had my heart and promised to keep me safe. My cynical side wanted to laugh in my face and tell me they were right all along. I shouldn't have let my guard down, this is what happens when you do.

How I was so wrong about him.

All I wanted to do was save him. I at least owed him that but you can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved.

His dad was a monster I knew that for sure. All red signs pointed towards him but Brody couldn't see it or maybe he didn't want to see it.

It didn't bear thinking about. He'd made it very clear what he thought and I didn't need that type of negativity in my life.

Especially when it concerned him.

I looked at him in question and a sad smile formed on my lips.

Here lays Ross Jones a beloved son, father and husband. Taken too soon from this world. At least now he rests with the angels.

Every memory played like a song in my head, repeating itself over and over again. I could almost hear his voice calling me down for breakfast. He never failed to make pancakes with whipped cream and syrup. My mom would threat saying that he'd induce me into a hyperglycaemic attack but we'd just laugh at her with cream on our chins.

He drove me to school without fail, singing Taylor Swifts songs at the top of our lungs until I went to high school and decided I didn't want my dad to drive me to school anymore. I was too cool for that or so I thought I was.

I wished I never asked him to stop. I lost a big part of myself that day, and I've been searching for that part ever since. I wanted it as if my life depended on it, but it was gone, vanished into thin air.  I'd never get it back.

I would give anything to see his face at the end of the school gate or wake up to the smell of pancakes wafting down the corridor. All my memories of my father were my fondest. I was always a daddy's girl.

The grief I felt for the loss of my dad sneaked up on me quietly and took me under its arms in an instant. I missed him. I missed him more now than ever.

I felt another drop of water slide down my cheeks and realised it wasn't from the rain.

In times like these when my heart was broken, I needed my dad to hold me in his arms and tell me it was okay. That boys come and go but he'd always be there forever.