(38)

Song Above: Take it All - Kiana

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

The small droplets of water hit my face, making it even more difficult to see in the dark lighting of the street. The mud from the lawn made my shoes slippery and I had to catch myself on a lamp post before I fell flat on my face.

When I had reached Brody halfway down the road I was completely soaked and covered in mud. I wrapped my arms around my self in order to keep warm and yelled his name.

At first, I thought maybe he hadn't heard me, so I yelled louder to only discover he was ignoring me. I let out a sigh.

I ran as fast I could so I could catch up with him. I reached out and grabbed his shoulder to turn him around and my heart sank at the expression on his face.

I couldn't work out whether he was crying or if it was the rain, but he looked deflated and not the Brody I knew.

I desperately wanted to reach out and hold him. To let him know that it would be okay, but I knew my words meant nothing.

I was still in shock. I couldn't believe Rose had been sleeping with Craig behind our backs. I can't believe she had been doing it behind my back. I thought we were friends.

But then I remembered, I had done the same thing except it was with her boyfriend and I was no better than her.

"Brody, I'm so sorry," I guess sorry was all I could say right now.

"Why are you sorry?" He laughed but with no humour, "You knew all this time." He spat accusations scorched in his words.

I stumbled backwards, "I knew? No, I had no idea,"

He shook his head, "Don't lie to me."

"Brody, I promise I had no idea that this was happening,"

His eyes flickered around my face, searching for a trace of a lie. When he was satisfied there wasn't he let out the breath he had been holding and rubbed at his temple.

"He's my friend, she's my girlfriend, not surprised they're fucking, to be honest, everyone seems to get around in this town,"

"Not everyone," I corrected him.

"You have," He said it was if it's a fact and I had to hold my tongue. He was hurting right now, he didn't mean it, "You've been with me and Ryan, who else is under your bed Ivy?"

"No one else."

"Really?" He didn't believe me, "For all, I know you could have been with Craig too."

"I know you are upset, but you don't need to take it out on me Brody, of course, I haven't been with Craig," I tried to reason with him but it was as if I was speaking a language he didn't understand.

"Everyone, I give a shit about leaves Ivy, can't you see that?"

"That's not true,"

He scoffed, "Oh really? Then who hasn't left me then? Because I'd love to meet them,

"I'm here, I haven't left,"

"But you did, you went with Ryan! Didn't you? You went with my brother, my fucking brother, and you never thought twice about how I'd feel,"' he exploded.

Words left me. I stared into those whisky coloured eyes burning with anger and my heart fell silent.

"You went with Rose?" I barely whispered.