(40) EDITED NOV '19

Song Above: All In My Mind

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

I flinched at the loud base and voices shouting over the music and allowed Ryan to guide me through the swaying bodies. The music escaped from every open window and door.  I had to dodge a few energetic dance moves and couples bumping and grinding like their in a  2000's Hip Hop music video

It was a Friday night, the first night of freedom until three days' time when we had to sit exams that defined our fate. I hadn't even thought about what I wanted to do after high school, the thought made me feel sick.

And what do our high schoolers do when we are given a break from our grueling, dramatic lives?

We party, and we party hard.

We said a few hi's, how you doing and let's party to the drunken people we'd past despite the fact we were stone-cold sober. Ryan didn't quite understand the concept of pre-drinking and had brought orange juice to my house. I could have easily drunk my vodka but I thought I'd try and take it slow tonight.

We all know what had happened last time I went to a party.

We reached the back of the house, where there was a conservatory, a few sofas, and tables. It seemed to be the quieter area and you'd be able to have a conversation without bursting your larynx.

"I'll go grab us a drink," Ryan said squeezing my hand and disappearing back into the crowd.

I looked around the groups of people talking, drinking and smoking. I recognized them from school but I didn't know them well enough to join in.

"Ivy, I'm surprised to see you here,"

A guy stood beside me, his glassy eyes trailing my body from head to toe. He had jet black hair and electric blue eyes. If it weren't for the vacant look in his eyes and the way he showed his teeth too much I would have thought he was handsome.

"Hi?" I didn't recognise him and I didn't understand how he knew my name.

"Oh, you don't remember me?" He almost looked hurt, focus on the almost, "I've only been sitting in your history class for the last few years,"

"Really? Oh! Ah yes, urm yeah you are uh, give me a second I've had a lot to drink," I think my over enthusiasm killed it because he shook his head and kissed his teeth.

"My names Mike," His eyes narrowed into slits, "I never thought you'd be a prissy bitch,"

Woah Mike steady on.

"A prissy what?" I bristled, "I'm sorry Mr-"

He put his hand up, "Whatever, I only wanted to fuck you anyways," He scrunched his nose up, "Now not so much,"

He turned and walked away.

What. The. Lucifer Morning Star. hell just happened.

"Well no one would want to fuck you, you cocktail sausage dick looking mother fudger," I shouted at particularly no one since he was long gone. A few people turned and gave me weird looks.