(41)

*WARNING, WARNING. THIS CHAPTER HAS SCENES OF A SEXUAL NATURE. READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION*

The song above: Rayvon Owen Can't Fight It.

"Let me help you,"

I grabbed the cloth from Brody's hands dabbing gently at the cut on his lip trying to avoid looking at him. He flinched for a split second before relaxing. I could feel his eyes roaming across my face and I could hear my heart thudding in my chest. I really hoped he couldn't hear it too.

"You are so stupid you know that," I muttered focusing on cleaning his wound. I was currently in between his parted legs and I could feel the heat radiating off him but I didn't want to react to it since I was mad that he had picked a fight with Ryan.

Even if it was his way of defending me it was still uncalled for. I'd gotten over the fact Ryan had kissed Charlotte.

She could have him for all I cared. I was sick of this triple, quadruple, whatever shape we'd all managed to get ourselves into. It was like a bad soap opera, except it had somehow managed to become my life.

I thought I could be with Ryan, I thought he would have been good for me instead of the boy with the bruises and cuts in front of me. I wanted to make things work with him, but no matter how hard I'd tried something was always going to be missing and I think he knew that too. It just took a couple of kisses, fists and broken hearts for us to admit defeat.

I hope Charlotte could make him happy in a way I couldn't.

"Seriously you could have really hurt each other," I sighed, draping the cloth in the bowl, watching the red liquid swirl in the water. The sight made me feel queasy so I quickly lifted the cloth and began to dab at his cuts.

"You hit your brother? For what huh? For me?" I dabbed harder, "Look I know you were only trying to help but I don't need protecting Brody, I can-"

"Ivy," He silenced me and I looked up letting out the breath I had been holding. I didn't like the way he was looking at me. It was intense like he was soaking in every minuscule detail of my face. His eyes lingered on my lips and before I knew it he was reaching a handout and placing it onto my cheek.

His thumb traced circles on my skin and I felt my stomach flutter like a caged bird. I closed my eyes and opened them to find him closer than he was before.

"If kiss you, will you reject me?" His voice was barely a whisper and it sent tingles down my spine. I could smell whiskey and mint on his breath.

"I'd never reject you,"

His lips found mine as if he'd been searching for eternity to meet them. I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck, my fingers intertwining with his soft hair. His strong hands grabbed at my waist and lifted me in the air so I could straddle him. Our bodies were pressed together and I could feel every inch. I felt like the world had paused for a second and all that existed was us at this moment.

He pulled back just an inch and rested his forehead on my mine, "I know we've both made so many wrong decisions, but I feel like this is the only right one,"

"I wished we'd had admitted it sooner," I said, only a whisper but loud enough so he could hear.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for you to say that, I've wanted you ever since I can remember, I was just scared that if I did have you, you'd leave too,"