(9)

Song above: ZieZie Sensei

If you like this story then please check out my new story EVERY LITTLE THING! It needs all the love it can get! 😊

"Okay, I'm freaky kinda cocky love the foreplay,"

I began to sort through the clean clothes piled onto my bed in search of my favourite sweater. I hummed along to the music blaring from my portable speaker, swaying my head to the beat.

"Hypnotize and analyze. See me shine and see me grind. On my way, on my way. Still towed my car away,"

I smiled when I located the sweater lifting it in the air and admiring the stitching. My grandma had sewn it for me for my fourteenth birthday. I was surprised I could still fit in it. I ran my fingers across the sequin heart and felt sadness form in my stomach at the thought of my Grandma.

It had only been a year since she had passed and I could still remember the sweet smell of her baked treats in the morning and the memory of the wrinkles at the corner of her eyes that only made an appearance when she smiled. She had been my support for a while when things got tough. Ever since the incident, my mom had been a completely different person, consuming herself with projects after projects. I hardly ever saw her and I spent a lot of time without a parental figure.

I was an independent person but even I sometimes needed someone to tell me everything would be okay.

I felt a single tear escape out of the corner of my eye and I shakily brushed it away knowing my Grandma wouldn't want me to cry.

I began to focus my attention on the song around me rather than the painful memory of her death, allowing the instrumental to consume my essence and move my body from side to side.

After a while, I was completing a full routine in the centre of my room, no longer caring that my blinds were wide open allowing the world to see my actions. I was so intoxicated by the rapid beat that I had not noticed a presence in my room hovering by my balcony double doors.

I spun around on my heel ready to backflip when the sight of Brody leaning against the glass fighting against a smirk caused me to jolt backwards and crash into my chest draws. I landed with a loud thud on my wooden floor and cursed widely at the throbbing pain in my butt.

"I think we are equal," He allowed the smirk to consume his face and he stepped forward gesturing for me to grab his hand. I glared at the action, proudly getting up onto my feet without his help and crossing my arms over my chest in annoyance.

"You seriously need to sort out these stalker tendencies Brody, first the closet now my house,"

He rolled his eyes at my comment "You wish I stalked you,"

"No, I don't,"

"Yes, you do,"

"Nope,"

"Yes,"

"Nope nope nope nope nope,"

"Very mature Poison,"

"How the hell did you get in here?" I exclaimed frustrated with his whole existence. He was an annoying tick I could not get rid of.