(24)

Song Above: 6:30 Geko & NSG

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

"Do you want some coffee? Biscuits? Cake? We have lots of cake?" I rushed around the kitchen opening every cupboard I could find to avoid looking at Rose.

I could feel her eyes staring into my back. I was on edge like a jittery addict looking for their next fix. I couldn't keep still because if I kept still I'd have to look at her and I wasn't ready for that just yet.

After Ryan had left she arrived an hour later in sweat pants, a tank top and her hair in a ponytail. Her face gave nothing away as I greeted her, which meant I had no idea why she was here. The fact she wasn't wearing makeup or her usual dresses was a huge alarm bell.

"My mom has some pink gin in the back, why don't I grab us a gl-"

She let out a sigh, "Ivy, please stop,"

I froze, dropping my hand that was mid-air to my sides. I desperately tried to keep my voice calm even though inside I was screaming.

"Everything okay?"

"No, it's not,"

I gulped, I'm 99.99% sure I'm about to wee myself, "What's wrong?"

"You really don't know?"

Oh boy.

This would be a perfect moment where I could just teleport. I'd teleport to Brody's house and smack him to next Tuesday for telling Rose about us. What the hell was he thinking? Did he have a death wish?

I nervously chewed my nails, my eyes flickering to the knife set on the counter hoping Rose hadn't caught on that they existed and stabbed me to death.

"Brody won't sleep with me Ivy," She let out a frustrated breath slamming her hands onto her lap for effect.

My eyes that were glued to the floor shot up and I did a double-take, my mouth moving wordlessly in an attempt to form a sentence.
I felt relief, grossed out and confused all in the same second.

"He he won't ah-sleep um- with you?"

"Yes," She exclaimed launching out of her seat and pacing around the room.

"I don't understand," I half-laughed in the hope she'd turn around and say she was joking but from the frown on her face she was far from it.

I didn't know why Brody hasn't slept with Rose. A small part of me was glad he hadn't. I mean I knew there was a possibility that he had already or would soon but there's knowing something and then there's actually thinking about it. My stomach twisted in knots at the thought of it.

And why would she expect me to already know this? I didn't keep a camera in her bedroom and keep tabs on her sexual activity.

I couldn't even describe how relieved I felt knowing Brody hadn't spilled our secret. I wouldn't lose a best friend and he wouldn't lose a limb.

"It's not just that. He's distant. He never wants to hang out just the two of us anymore. He ignores my calls and texts." She let out an aggregated sigh, "And he was looking at another girls photo. Well more like gawking at it,"