Chapter 2 Is this a bad idea?

"Are you gonna serve us the whole night?" Deshaun asks me.
"Yes." I answer him politely.
"What's your name?" He asks me.
"Amelia." I tell him and I get a little nervous.
"Amelia Dane?" He asks me with a huge smile on his face and I nod with a smile. "I fucking thought it was you man!" He laughs out loud making sure everybody can hear it and they all smile saying hi unless Marshall, I look at him for the first time now and he gives me this dead cold glare, seriously he looks like he could kill me right now, so I just turn my attention back to Deshaun.
"I wasn't sure if you could recognize me." I giggle.
"Are you crazy? You still look as hot as you did when you were 18 girl." He chuckles.
"Now you're just trying to smother me." I laugh.
"Nah you look good Amelia." He tells me. "In fact.. Can I talk to you for a minute?"
"Of course." I say and I feel a big lump in my throat. I walk out in the back with him behind me, I tell Melissa that It'll just be gone for a minute. I'm really nervous! When we get out in the back Deshaun hugs me.
"What the fuck happened to you shorty?" He asks me still hugging me and I know he wants answers about my disappearing.
"I had to leave Detroit." I say breaking away from his hug. "I went to college."
"Why the fuck didn't you say shit?" He asks me.
"I couldn't.." I sigh. "You know Marshall." Deshaun doesn't anything and it makes me nervous, it's like he waits for a further explanation. "Are you angry with me?" I ask him.
"Nah I ain't mad at ya but Doodie on the other hand is fucking pissed, you know." He tells me.
"Yeah I sense that he's not that happy to see me." I say.
"Can you blame him?" He asks me. "I mean that was a fucking bitch move." He chuckles. I had my reasons.
"I know but things turned out pretty good for him." I say.
"I don't know about that.. He was fucking destroyed when you left and Kim is causing him a lot of problems, I don't know if you heard?" He asks me.
"No." I say. I've tried my hardest to avoid looking at him or hearing about him.
"It's fucked up." Deshaun sighs. "You and me both know that she has always been bad news." I don't know if it's her that's bad news but I do know that they're bad for each other.
"Is he doing good?" I ask him.
"Yeah expect from the fact that people sue his ass all the time." He chuckles. "What about you girl? How are you doing?"
"Well me and my fiancé own this club.." I start but Deshaun cuts me off.
"What?!" He laughs. "You own this motherfucking club and you're engaged?!" I can't help but laugh about the fact that he's that surprised. "Damn girl.. When are you gonna get married?"
"In about 6 months." I tell him with a big smile.
"I'm happy for you man." He says. "We better get back out there." I agree with him and he goes back and joins the party and I go back to serve them, Deshaun immediately sits next to Marshall and I already know that they talk about me, meanwhile I give Melissa a summary. Honestly I can't see why Deshaun have to give Marshall a summary when he obviously doesn't wanna talk to me.

Hours past by and I notice that Marshall just sits there with a stoned face not really enjoying the party, I wonder if it's because of me and the fact that the rest of the guys talk to me and he doesn't, I really can't figure it out.
Suddenly when I walk past him to get some empty bottles he grabs my arm and pull me down so my ear is next to his mouth, his touch sends shivers down my spine and I get really really nervous.
"We need to talk." He says coldly and I can hardly breathe.
"Yes but not here." I say. I can't talk to him when I'm at work besides Kevin is downstairs, he's a bartender in the ordinary department.
"You think you're making the demands?" He asks me angrily.
"Marshall.. My fiancé is downstairs in the bar so I can't just sneak somewhere off to talk to you." I explain to him. Kevin would be very suspicious if I suddenly talked to Marshall alone.
"We need to talk now." He says and gets up from his chair obviously doesn't give a fuck about what I just told him. "Find somewhere." He says. Fuck fuck fuck! I  have to think fast! Okay okay.. I'm gonna have a meeting with Marshall. We just opened a club in Detroit last week, if Kevin catches us then I can just tell him that Marshall want to book the VIP there someday. I walk towards Melissa with Marshall right behind me.
"I'm going to my office please cover for me, If Kevin asks then I'm doing business with Marshall, okay?" I ask her making sure she covers my ass.
"Got it." She says and Marshall follows me to my office. I know that Kevin is busy downstairs so he shouldn't be able to interrupt us. We walk into the office and I lock the door behind me, Marshall doesn't sit down he just stands there looking at me, I can tell he's really angry and I always hated when he was angry. I also think he's a bit drunk and maybe on something which only boost his anger.
"When are you getting married?" He breaks the silence. I didn't expect him to ask about that but it's better than him cursing me out.
"In 6 months." I answer and I start playing with my necklace because I'm really nervous, that necklace he gave me for my graduation. Till this day today I still can't take it off my neck. I see his eyes moving down to my neck and look at my necklace.
"Is that the necklace I gave you?" He asks me.
"Mmh." I mumble biting my lip. God he's making me so fucking nervous. I expected him to yell at me.
"I don't even know where to fucking start because I'm so fucking angry with you Amelia." He says letting his hands sliding down his face. Here we go..
"I know and I completely understand." I almost whisper and look down, I don't dare to look him in the eyes.
"No you don't Amelia! I thought.. I don't know what the fuck I thought cus I had millions of theories of why you would just run away like that!" He raises his voice at me.
"I'm sorry." I just say  and look at him, I honestly don't know what to say.
"You sorry?" He questions with a sarcastic laugh. "You don't think you owe me a fucking explanation?!" He asks me with an angry tone before I can even respond to his first comment.
"It was complicated." I say with a low voice.
"Yeah I bet it was.. It was always like that with you, you always had secrets from me and there was always things bothering you which you wouldn't tell me." He says.
"Marshall I am truly sorry."
"How the fuck could you do it me?! Why the fuck didn't you tell me?!" He raises his voice again.
"Because I knew you would force me to stay Marshall, that's why!" I fire back.
"Of course! You were my fucking girlfriend and I fucking loved you, but apparently you were just playing me around!" He yells. That makes me really angry because I wouldn't had been with him for almost 2 years if I just played him around!
"Really Marshall?! Did you just say that?! I don't think you aware of how hard it was for me to leave you! Till this day today it's still the hardest decision I've ever made!" I yell and my voice shakes because I get so frustrated.
"Oh it was hard for you?!" He laughs sarcastically. "I couldn't get a hold of you, no one would tell me where the fuck you were and even worse, you made that fucking decision! You told Lucas that he shouldn't give me your number, address or anything!"
"Because I couldn't deal with the consequences!" I tell him honestly.
"And the thing I'll never forgive you for is the fact that you didn't show up for Bugz's funeral." He says and I can hear the disappointment in his voice. "You just send flowers and thought that would cut it, not once did you come back to the D to show some fucking respect, did you?" He asks me and his words hit me hard because I feel so guilty for not showing up at Bugz's funeral.
"How fucking dare you?!" I yell at him and tears are now falling while I push him by his chest so he takes a step back. "Are you aware of how hard it was for me to stay away from his funereal?!"
"Apparently not hard enough." He answers me coldly, he's so mean..
"It was killing me inside!!" I scream at him.
"Don't act like the fucking victim Amelia! Do you fucking remember the day before you left?!" He asks me which is a pretty stupid question because I will never forget that day.
"Clearly." I cry.
"You lied and you lied and you fucking lied me right up in my fucking face! You fucking told me that you were afraid that I would leave your ass and how much you loved me!" He reminds me.
"I didn't lie about those things!" I assure him.
"You never cared for me!" He jumps to a conclusion. How can he say that?
"Marshall stop! You know that ain't true!" I yell.
"Then why the fuck did you leave Amelia, tell me!" He yells frustrated and for some reason I find him a lot scarier than I did when we were younger.
"Because James never stopped beating me!" I yell and break down crying.
"What?" He asks me softly.
"Why do you think that sometimes for days I didn't have time to see you? Or at times I was just so moody that I didn't wanna have sex? I was just waiting for the marks to go away so I was sure that you wouldn't notice it." I tell him.
"How did he beat you?" He asks me.
"Mostly with a belt." I answer him shortly because I don't wanna go into details about it.
"Shit.. Amelia.. Why the fuck didn't you tell me?"
"Marshall you would have killed him."
"Yeah." He says like it's the most normal thing in the world to do.
"And I couldn't have that." I tell him.
"Was it going on the whole time?" He asks me.
"Not the whole time.. It stated regularly after the night we got arrested at New Years eve." I say. It feels so good finally being honest with him.
"Fuck.." He sighs and sits down on the chair.
"I'm sorry." I apologize to him.
"I just wish you would have told me." He says and I don't say anything, I just look at him. "How long have you been with your fiancé?"
"2 1/2 year." I say and he just nod.  "How is it going between you and Kim?" I then ask him even though Deshaun told me that she caused him problems.
"You haven't heard?" He asks me.
"No."
"The bitch cheated on me." He sighs.
"I'm sorry." I say. "I heard you're a father now."
"Yeah." He says and cracks a smile, it's obvious that he's very proud.
"A girl right?" I ask even though I know.
"Yeah Hailie." He says.
"How old is she now?"
"Soon 7." He says and someone grabs the doorknob.
"Amelia?" I hear Kevin's voice on the other side of the door, I look myself in the mirror before I open the door just to make sure that he can't see that I've been crying, I then open the door."Why aren't you.." He cuts himself off when he sees Marshall. "Hi Mr. Mathers." He then says.
"Yo." Marshall just says and Kevin now looks at me, I can see that he doesn't understand what Marshall is doing here.
"Can I talk to you when you're done here honey?" Kevin then asks me.
"Sure." I say cracking a smile."I'll come downstairs when I'm done here."
"Okay." He says and closes the door.
"So you're gonna marry the owner of the club?" Marshall asks me when he's sure Kevin can't hear us.
"We both own the club." I tell him and I honestly get a little offended about his comment.
"Wow.." He says surprised and stands up. "You turned out quite  a business woman." He says as he walks towards me slowly, actually so slowly that I hardly notice.
"Well this is what I wanted." I tell him smiling. He knows this is what I wanted.
"No you wanted to open up your own club, you didn't open up this club yourself, did you?" He asks me.
"No but this is a good alternative."
"Hmm." He says and now he's standing right in front of me so begin to walk backwards.
"What?" I ask him. Why does he make me so nervous? It feels like my heart is gonna beat through my chest soon. When he again comes too close I walk backwards again, I'm scared to get him too close because I'm afraid that I'm gonna do something stupid.
"Why are you still wearing the necklace I gave you?" He asks me and he gets closer again, so I back away again while I'm touching my necklace.
"I.." I stutter. "I couldn't take it off."
"You couldn't take it off?" He chuckles.
"It has a lot of meaning to me." I tell him and I avoid his eyes. I feel my back hitting the wall and I now stand pinched between him and the wall.
"Tell me." He says. We're standing really close but our bodies ain't touching each other but it's still very intense.
"I can't explain it Marshall." I say and I now look him straight in the eyes.
"Why are you nervous?" He asks me. Damn is it that obvious?
"You're being very intimidating." I whisper.
"Do you ever think about me?" He asks me.
"Of course I do." I stutter. Damn get yourself together Amelia!
"Often?"  He asks me but then the door burst open and it's Melissa, I can tell on the look on her face that she's very suspicious about me and Marshall standing this close. Marshall quickly steps back but Melissa is like frozen in her position.
"Well I think we're done here anyways." Marshall says and leaves my office. I'm in chock that I lot him get under my skin like that and why the fuck didn't I lock the door?! That could have been Kevin walking in. Melissa closes the door when Marshall leaves. 
"That's  not what it looked like!" I assure her.
"Really?" She asks me and I can tell that she doesn't believe me.
"Melissa, I.. I.. he walked towards me and I kept walking backwards until I couldn't go backwards anymore! I promise you nothing happened!" I assure her.
"I believe you. Just be glad it wasn't Kevin who walked in."
"I am." I say and I truly am. - "I have to go talk to Kevin."
"You're not telling him, are you?" She asks me.
"No are you insane?" I ask her and I leave the office. Kevin is very jalousie and if he knew that me and Marshall used to be in a relationship then he would never let me serve him or do business with him. I walk downstairs and Kevin gets one of the employees to cover for him when he sees me.
"What's up?" I ask him and kiss him.
"What was Eminem doing at your office?" He asks me barely returning my kiss.
"Business."
"What kind of business?" He asks me.
"He was just interested in the club we've just opened in Detroit." I lie.
"And?" He asks me.
"He's gonna call in the nearly future to book the VIP." I lie.
"But.. we don't have the crew for that." He says and I can see that he gets pissed.
"Then we can send them to Detroit." I suggest.
"Fuck.. why the fuck did you agree on that?" He sighs irritated.
"Should I turn a costumer like him down? That's just idiotic Kevin." I tell him getting a little pissed now.
"We'll talk about it later." He just says returning to the bar. What a fucking idiot!! I go back upstairs and go back to my work.

During the night a lot of the girls hit on Marshall, they sit in his lap rubbing their asses against him and stuff like that, it's really disgusting.
"Hey." Melissa says while I'm staring a Marshall and this one whore I stand in the back where Marshall can't see me but I can see him. I turn around and look at Melissa. "What's going on?" Melissa asks.
"Nothing.. I'm just tired." I lie.
"You're starring at him."  She says when she discovers that I'm looking at him. "Are you getting jalousie?" She asks me.
"No It's been 8years so that would be stupid." I lie because strangely I'm feeling a little jalousie.
"I know he meant a lot to you." Melissa says.
"He did." I agree.
"Have you forgotten that I know you? I see right through you hon." She chuckles.
"I just feel terrible for what I did." I say changing the subject.
"I know."
"And he's still so angry with me." I sigh.
"Wouldn't you be?" She asks me.
"I guess but I just wanna talk shit out with him, you know?" I say.
"Why? I mean you're with Kevin now." She asks. Yeah why??
"But he was not only my boyfriend but also my best friend." I say.
"I know but I don't think it's agood idea Amelia, you're getting married in 6 months." She says and I'm looking down at my engagement ring.
"Yeah you're probably right." I sigh.

Later I walk past Marshall and he pulls me down so I have my ear against mouth again, I'm getting really nervous again.
"Come down at  Shady Records tomorrow." He says.
"Why?" I ask him.
"To hang out with your old homeboys." He says. "And we still need to talk." He says.
"I don't know Marshall.." I hesitate.
"You don't know?"  He asks me. "I think you owe me that." He doesn't play fair.
"What time?" I ask him.
"At 3?" He asks me.
"I can see what I can do."
"What is that suppose to mean?" He asks me and I can hear the confusing in his voice.
"No one knows that we used to be together not even my fiancé." I tell him.
"You haven't told anyone?" He asks.
"No."
"I'm impressed." He chuckles.
"You know me Marshall, I would never blab about that to people." I say. I really don't get why he sounds so surprised because I'm very loyal.
"I thought I knew you until you bailed on me." He throws in my face. Really?! I get so fucking pissed because I explained it to him earlier.
"I'm not gonna have this conversation with you." I say and I'm about to walk away but he won't let go of my arm.
"Come down at Shady Records tomorrow, aright?" He says.
"I'll try." I say and he let go of me. I grab the empty bottles and walk in the back where I meet Melissa.
"He wants me to come down at his studio tomorrow." I tell her.
"And what?" She asks.
"Talk."
"Hon.. I don't think it's a good idea." She sighs.
"He's not gonna stop, I know him so I better just get it over with." I tell her. It's true, Marshall ain't gonna stop until he gets it exactly how he wants it.
"What are you gonna tell Kevin?" Melissa asks.
"I don't know."
"I have a bad feeling about this Amelia." She says.
"Those in there Melissa." I say as I point towards the VIP. "Those boys were my everything, I can't walk away from that." I tell her.
"Kevin is not gonna like it." She says.
"Kevin isn't gonna find out."
"If he does, he's gonna go nuts." She tells me.
"I know." I say.