Chapter 85 Called home

The men Marshall hired to transport my stuff to Detroit finally comes and carry my stuff out to the truck, I just guide them and tell them what stuff to put in the truck and Marshall just sits in the living room not participating at all.
When the truck is packed and they drive away with my stuff, I then decide to walk into the living room where I find Marshall sitting in the arm chair. I'm officially cooled down and ready to have a conversation about what happened. I walk over and sit on top of Marshall facing him and he just looks at me showing no emotions what so ever.
"I shouldn't have hit you or kicked you." I say. "I'm sorry."
"Amelia." He sighs. "Your temper is fucking insane and you're uncontrollable when you tick off."
"You used to love my temper when we were younger, it was what made me so sexy, you said." I remind him. Marshall always had s hard time keeping his hands off me when I got angry, even if it was him I was angry at. I also felt the same way with Marshall and I still do, he's just so damn sexy when he's angry.
"I love your temper and you're still sexy when you're angry but what went down upstairs was not cool." He says.
"I know." I say looking down as a bad child being schooled.
"Seriously.. You haven't changed a bit." He now can't hold back his laughter. "How the hell can a girl in your size throw a grown ass man out of the bed like you did man?"
"Baby, that's what I'm saying; I'm so hardcore." I say and I show of my biceps.
"Those?" He says and squeezes them so hard that I scream from the pain. "They ain't shit."
"You fucking moron!" I say and hit his chest which makes him lean me back over. I hold his arms to prevent myself from falling back over. "Marshall!!"
"Yeah baby.. Scream my name." He says with his Ken Kaniff voice.
"Stop using that voice!" I laugh. I hate when he uses that voice, he sounds so disgusting.
"Oh yeah baby.. Mmh.." He uses his voice again. I hit his chest but forget all about our position so when Marshall lift his hand to his chest to ease the pain, he drops me on the floor but I get to catch him by the shirt on my way down, so I pull him down with me and he lands on top of me. "What the fuck are you doing?" He laughs.
"I'm not going down alone." I laugh.
"I see." He chuckles and kisses me. "We should get going."
"You're right." I say smiling and my phone now rings. I pull the phone up from the pocket and both me and Marshall sees Kevin's name on the screen. Marshall rolls his eyes in annoyance as he hates when I have to talk to him.

"Hi." I say and Marshall removes himself from me so I can get up.
"Did you leave for New York?" Kevin asks sounding pissed. I haven't told Kevin it as I'm the one running the department in Detroit so I don't think I need his blessing to go to New York. I now stand up on my feet and walk towards the kitchen.
"Yes."
"Excuse me but are you fucking stupid or something?"
"Will you drop the attitude Kevin?" I ask angrily.
"No! You just took over the department a week ago and now you're taking a trip to New York?!" He raises his voice at me.
"I had to pack the rest of my stuff at Rachel's!" I fire back.
"I asked you when you could start working again and you said Monday! If you had unfinished business to do first then you should have told me! You can't just leave the town and a whole staff behind you don't know!"
"Okay Kevin! You made your point! I'm gonna take the first flight home!"
"Thank you!"
"So how do you know?" I ask him as I'm pretty sure it's Jenny who told him.
"That doesn't matter."
"Wow Kevin. Do you think I'm that stupid?"
"She had the right to report it to me."
"Don't fucking hold your hand over her just because you fucked her Kevin."
"I'm not."
"Let's say that." I just say and hang up.

I turn around and Marshall stands in the doorway looking at me.
"What's going on?" Marshall asks me.
"I need to go home to Detroit." I sigh.
"Why?" He frowns.
"I just started leading the department a week ago, it wasn't the most clever idea to already leave the whole staff behind." I say. I know it wasn't smart but I guess I just take every opportunity to be with Marshall.
"What was all that shit about him holding his hand over someone he fucked?" He asks. Oh shit this can be difficult to explain.
"He fucked an employee." I say.
"And why did you talk about that?"
"Because she's the one who called Kevin and told him I'm in New York." I explain.
"You don't get along with her?" He asks now.
"No."
"Because she fucked Kevin?" He asks. I hate his jalousie but I'm not gonna turn this conversation into an argument.
"No because she's a bitch."
"Who fucked your ex fiancé." Marshall points out and I can't help but rolling my eyes at him. "Come on Amelia, I know bitches."
"Do you wanna know why I really don't like her?" I ask him now in a bit of a aggressive tone.
"Yeah."
"Because she was all up in my private business about you and me and me and Kevin from the minute she met up at work previous Monday." I explain and Marshall just nods. I can see that he's pissed about something but I'm just gonna assume that he's jealous because if I ask him, then he won't tell me what's wrong. "I have to find the first flight home." I say.
"He can't be fucking serious." Marshall rolls his eyes and I now walk over to him.
"I'm sorry baby." I say and kiss him.
"Is he the boss over you or something?" Marshall gives me an attitude.
"No Marshall." I assure him.
"Then why do you need to go home?" He asks.
"As much as I hate to admit it then he's right, I shouldn't have left because if something happens then I'm too far away." I explain.
"So this is how it's gonna be? You can't go away with me because you agreed to run that stupid club with him?" He asks in a pissed tone now.
"No but I just started up Marshall. I need to get to know people, find one I can trust so I can make that person in charge whenever I leave." I explain.
"I had shit planned for us." He says and I try to kiss him but he turns his head. He's really pissed at me. "You can't kiss me to shut me up. I'm really fucking pissed right now."
"I know." I say. "I'm sorry."
"You know what irritates me the most?" He asks me staring at me with a cold look.
"What?" I ask.
"That it's your fucking ex fiancé who gave you the order, it's your ex fiancé's fault that we have to cancel our plans." He says. I feel him, I do! It must suck that your partner's ex fiancé just ruined your plans.
"I feel you." I say. "We'll do it another time."
"Whatever." Marshall says.
"Please baby, don't be so mad." I say and kiss him.
"Remember this next time you get disappointed over something about my work." He says.
"Of course." I say.

I call the airport and the next flight leaves in 5 hours which just only gives me enough time to drive back to the hotel, pack my things and drive to the airport.

I'm sorry about the short chapter :)
Do you think the partnership with Kevin will last in piece? Don't forget to vote and comment :-*