Chapter 46 Humiliation on air

I wake up by the sound of my phone ringing and I look at the phone, it's Marshall. It's weird for him to call at this time when he knows I'm probably sleeping.

"Hi." I say in a tired voice.
"You know what I don't like? I don't like that I've just had a meeting with my fucking manager, cus I have to do an interview about the fact that I have a court case over my head, cus I attacked some motherfucker because of you and then you sneak around with your ex fiancé!" Marshall yells at me immediately.
"Wow, what?" I ask him confused. Why does he believe that I'm sneaking around with Kevin?
"Don't play stupid, I've seen the pictures Amelia!"
"Of what?"
"You! Coming out of Kevin's house!"
"And then you just assumed I slept with him?" I ask him. I'm in total shock about the fact that some paparazzi took pictures of me the other day leaving Kevin's house, I only went there so I wouldn't pay Dan a visit and since Marshall didn't have the time to talk to me, then I had to talk to someone else and that was Kevin, besides Kevin gave me some really good advice.
"What else would you do there for 4 hours?"
"Talk! I can't believe that you're accusing me of cheating on you!"
"You shouldn't visit him at all Amelia!"
"Well you didn't have the time to talk to me and I needed someone to talk to or else I would've paid Dan a visit!"
"And you chose to talk to Kevin? Seriously Amelia, fuck you! Fuck you!" He shouts at me. He's not just angry, he's fucking pissed and I have no idea how to talk him down.
"Marshall I chose to be with you, not him!"
"I thought I could trust you!"
"You can trust me!"
"Are you shitting me bitch?! I can't fucking trust you!"
"Bye Marshall." I say because I don't wanna hear him talk that way to me.
"Don't you fucking..." He only gets to say before I hang up on him.

Marshall calls me 3 times in a row before I turn off my phone. I then hear a knock on my door and Rachel sticks her head in.
"Are you okay sweetie?" She asks and I just shake my head as I begin to cry. Rachel walks over to my bed and lays down next to me, she puts her arms around me from behind to comfort me. "What's going on?" She asks.
"Marshall just had a meeting with his manager because some paparazzi took a picture of me coming out of Kevin's house the other day and now he has to do an interview about me, the episode with Dan and about the fact that I visited Kevin. He thinks I'm cheating on him Rach." I cry.
"Oh honey, you know how jealous he can be." She tries to comfort me.
"He was yelling at me uncontrollably from the minute I picked up then phone, he told me he didn't trust me anymore." I say.
"I just think it hurts him that you didn't tell him yourself and he had to find out from the media." Rachel says. Either way Marshall would have been beyond pissed so what difference would it have made?
"I still love Kevin." I then admit to Rachel. I haven't told Rachel how me and Kevin almost kissed each other at the club that night. There's silence for a minute before Rachel finally speaks.
"What are you gonna do?" She then asks me.
"I wanna be with Marshall, I don't doubt that for a minute but I want Kevin there as a friend, I just don't know if that's possible." I say.
"You can't be friends with someone you're in love with." Rachel says.
"I know that but it just felt so nice talking to him." I say.
"I know and it's even harder because you don't have a reason to hate Kevin, you were good together so it's hard to let it go, but you have to think about Marshall's insecurities in all this." Rachel says.
"I know." I cry.

Rachel lays in my bed for another hour just comforting me. I consider many times during the day to turn my phone back on but I'm not ready to face the consequences, I know Marshall is angry at me and I understand, I should never have turned off my phone but I just couldn't deal with it. When it's about 5pm Rachel comes in my room holding her phone and it's clear that there's someone on the phone.
"It's Marshall." She says and I hesitate to accept the phone. "Amelia you need to talk to him." She says and you can hear him say something in the phone, so Rachel puts the phone to her ear.
"What? - Okay I'll tell her. - bye Marshall." She says and hangs up the phone. I look at her curious to hear what Marshall has to say.
"He wants you to turn on hot hiphop Detroit 107,5, he's doing an interview in 20 min." Rachel says. I already get a bad feeling in my stomach, because it's a bad idea that Marshall does an interview when he's angry with me. I decide to turn on my phone and the texts from Marshall during the hours my phone has been turned off comes in, it's really just mean messages where he curses me out. I know the possibility of him saying bad things about me in that interview is big, so I need to call him before he gets on the radio. I call and I call but he doesn't pick up the phone, so I've no other choice but to wait till hell breaks loose.

The interview starts and I'm nervous as hell, I know how Marshall forgets to think before he speaks when he's angry.

(Marty) Yo guys, I'm Marty and you're listening to 107,5 hot hip hop. In the studio with me, I have Eminem. What's up Em?
(Marshall) What's up man?
(Marty) How are you?
(Marshall) I'm good man. And you?
(Marty) I'm good, thank you. So.. 50 cent just put a single out there and next month you're releasing his album, right?
(Marshall) Right.
(Marty) How has it been working with 50?
(Marshall) It's been fun, you know? Me and 50 just clicks and we definitely have a lot of fun in the studio.
(Marty) That's good. So did you sign 50 because you clicked, or wouldn't that had mattered at all? Not that I say you sign people because of their personality only but did it had any influence on your choice? You know what I mean?
(Marshall) Of course it's a bonus that we clicked man but I was almost positive that I was gonna sign him when I met him. He's a fucking dope rapper, I mean his words and his rhymes are so strong and I just thought that I would rather have him by my side than have him as a competitor. You feel me?
(Marty) Yeah man, I do. So have you been in New York a lot lately? I mean since Shady Records is located there and 50 lives there.
(Marshall) Yeah man, I've been traveling a lot back and forward New York and LA.
(Marty) Yeah and we know that you've regained the contact with your old girlfriend Amelia Dane who also lives in New York, have you been hanging out with her a lot too?
(Marshall) I don't have that much time but yeah, she's been hanging out in the studio with us and shit.
(Marty) She works at SinZ where you recently got into a pretty heated argument with the owner Dan Richard, right?
(Marshall) Right.
(Marty) Can you tell me a little bit about what happened? I mean, Dan has reported you to the police for assault.
(Marshall) I can't really talk about the case man but all I can say is that Dan is a fucking lying piece of shit, everything he told the press and the police is a fucking lie.
(Marty) Also about the fact that you're dating Amelia Dane?
(Marshall) I don't know what the fuck we are to be honest man. I've known Amelia for years and she meant the world to me when we were younger, but a lot of things happens when you grow up.
(Marty) She recently broke off the engagement with her fiancé and business partner Kevin Jones, now she recently visited him. How do you feel about that?
(Marshall) Amelia can do what the fuck she wants, she ain't my fucking girl and as long as she doesn't stick her nose into my shit then I won't stick my nose into her shit either.
(Marty) So, she's not your girlfriend?
(Marshall) No.
(Marty) But something has been going on, right?
(Marshall) Yeah I've fucked her but that doesn't make us a couple.
(Marty) You got that right man (chuckling).

I immediately turn off the radio and I start crying. Rachel doesn't say anything, I think she's just as surprised as me about him being so cruel. I knew that he was angry but he just humiliated me to the whole world and because of what? Because he made up a story in his head that I'm cheating on him? I don't understand him, he was the one who told me that the medias was good at twisting stories and I should promise him that I would never listen to them, but what is he doing now? He jumped to stupid conclusions because a story the press made up. He told me that I should stay strong in this relationship because there would be a lot of resistance, but who's the one giving up right now? I'm broken, my heart is broken into pieces and I can't believe he would hurt me like this, I can't believe he would humiliate me like this. I thought he loved me and now he's claiming that he doesn't care for me! I chose him, I broke off my fucking engagement, I gave up everything for him and this is how he's gonna repay me?! By humiliating me?! I don't think I can ever forgive him for this.