Chapter 19 The magazine

2 days later..

I haven't talked to Marshall since the day he was here, I kinda feel bad for treating him like that but he doesn't understand it unless I serve it to him like that, but the truth is that I miss him like crazy. I can't forget the look in his eyes when he left my house, I can't explain it but i have a feeling that no matter what I say or do then he'll never forgive me for all the shit I said.
I talked to Lucas yesterday and we talked for like 2 hours and everything is fine between us now. I'm gonna fly to Detroit when I have time so I can sit down and talk to Tasha even though she doesn't wanna talk to me.

I sit at the island in the kitchen with my computer doing some accounts on the club when Kevin comes home. I hear him throw something on the island which sound like a magazine or something and then he leaves the kitchen, he doesn't say anything which is strange but maybe he's just in the bad mood, I'll take care of that as soon as I'm done with this.
When I'm finally done I look up and the first thing I see is me and Marshall on the front page on People with the headline "Eminem reunited with his old girlfriend". Apparently someone caught us at the cemetery after all and on the picture we both squat down in front of Ronnie's headstone and I have my hand on Marshall's shoulder.
I open the magazine and begin to read the article.
"The 30 year old rapper Eminem was seeing at the cemetery with his old girlfriend Amelia Dane October 23rd, 2002. Has Eminem finally moved on since his divorce last year?

The worldwide known rapper Eminem was seeing at the cemetery last week visiting his dead uncle who committed suicide back in 1991 but he wasn't alone, he actually brought his old girlfriend Amelia
Dane (26) who's the owner of the Club in (located in Detroit, New York and Los Angeles) with her partner Kevin Jones.
Apparently was Eminem in a very serious relationship with Amelia Dane for almost 2 years when they were younger.
According to our anonymous source did Eminem and his old girlfriend spend a lot of time together when she visited Detroit last week, he even went and visited Amelia's aunt with her and apparently he brought her with him to the cemetery to visit his dead uncle.
Is Eminem back with his old girlfriend?"

FUCK! I already know this is really really bad and I have no idea how to get out of this one. I already know that the anonymous source is James because who else would have known that we visited him and Rachel? I know that Kevin is beyond pissed with me and no matter what I say or do then he won't believe me, but I have to try because there's no way I'm gonna let him find out that me and Marshall slept together.
I find Kevin in his office doing some paperwork and I know he has heard me but he doesn't bother to look at me.
"So now you think I've cheated?" I ask in a calm tone because if I get angry then I'll just look suspicious. Kevin looks up at me with this very cold glare.
"I don't know what I think Amelia." He says and leans back in his chair with his arms crossed over his chest. I don't say anything because I have no idea what to say or where to start and it just makes us stare at each other until he finally breaks the silence between us "So that's actually your big love from Detroit? The Marshall who was your biggest love is actually Eminem? He have been in my clubs and he tricked me into sending you Detroit so he could spend time with you and you never even bother to fucking tell me." He's angry and I can't blame him.
"It's complicated." I say in a low voice.
"Then you better start explaining because I'm this close to throw you out and cancel the wedding." He says while he shows me with his finger how close he is. It hurts hearing him say that he wants to cancel the wedding and throw me out.
"The night Marshall booked the VIP here the first time he didn't know I owned the club so he was really shocked to see me here, he was actually still angry about me leaving Detroit like that so I thought I owed him an explanation but it just lead to one argument after another. Marshall is really stubborn and he's the person who doesn't leave a puzzle spread in peaces, he wants the puzzle to fit so he tricked you into sending me to Detroit so we could talk this shit out because he wanted to be friends, I promise you that he had no other intentions Kevin." I lie to him and he just looks at me, it doesn't look like he believes me. "But on the look on your face it doesn't look like you believe me." I say.
"Why did he visited Rachel and James with you?" He asks coldly.
"I was afraid of James so I needed him for protecting and I was lucky he was there, because James became really violent to the point where he tried to strangle Rachel." I tell him.
"I can't believe you didn't tell me Amelia, if I hadn't read this in the magazine then you would never have told me." He says angrily.
"No I wouldn't because we're just friends but you would never believe me because he's an ex." I say.
"He's the guy who you couldn't get over, he was the reason it was so damn hard for me to get through to you! Of course I don't believe that you're just friends." He says.
"I'm not gonna stand her and listen to that Kevin, so you can come to me when you know what you want." I say and I leave his office. I go to the bedroom and I break down crying, it hurts that he thinks those things about me even though they're true. I think I just messed up everything between me and Kevin and I did the same with Marshall so now I got my heart broken by two men that I love but I can't blame them. I doubt that Marshall is ever gonna talk to me again after all the shit I said to him the other day, for him just to walk out my door like he did is serious, he would never do that unless I really hurt him. I should text Marshall about the magazine.

To MM (4:36pm)
We're on the front page on People

I don't wanna tell him about the fact that Kevin has seen it because then he'll just think that I'm contacting him because I'm having trouble with Kevin.

MM (4:41pm)
I know

Reply to MM (4:44pm)
I'm sorry about the other day

Kevin now knocks on the bedroom door and comes in, I actually don't know why he even knocks, what should I do in here? Kevin sit down on the edge of the bed and looks at me, I can see in his eyes how hurt he is about my lies.
"Promise me that nothing is going on between you and him." He says in a low voice.
"I promise you that nothing is going on between me and Marshall." I say honestly because nothing is going on between us anymore.
"I believe you then but I don't want you to see him anymore." He says. Kevin is very jalousie but it's no problem for me to promise him this because we don't talk to each other anymore.
"No problem." I just say. He lays down behind me and wraps his arms around me.
"I'm sorry for doubting you." He whispers in ear.
"I'm sorry for hiding this from you." I apologize.
I hope that everything is gonna be okay now that Marshall is completely out of my life, he doesn't answer my text so I know he's not interested in my apology.