Chapter 59 Testimony

BANG! The front door behind me bursts open and I see four police officers.
"Police! Drop the gun!" One of the officers yells and Marshall lays the gun down carefully not to make any sudden movement. This is not good for Marshall, it doesn't look good that he has a gun pointed at James when the police walks in. One of the other police officers grabs me and pulls me out while I can hear Marshall trying to explain that he was just protecting me, but I already know that the police is gonna arrest him.
"He did it to protect me." I cry and I fight against the police officer's grip as he pulls me outside. I don't want Marshall to be arrested because he was trying to protect me, the only one who should be arrested here is James.
"You need to calm down miss or else you give me no other choice but to arrest you." The officer says and I immediately stop fighting him. We walk outside and I see people coming out from their houses, they're so damn curious because there's parking two police cars outside. I feel anger rise inside me because where the fuck were they when I screamed from the top of my lungs? "Amelia, do you remember me?" The officer now asks me and I look at him confused. I don't recognize him at all, where should I know him from? I just shake my head as I'm still crying. "We went to high school together." He now says.
"Sorry, I don't remember you." I just say as I look around again to see more people coming out of their houses, I look back at the officer again and I really don't recognize him. "What's your name?" I then ask him.
"Jake Collins." He says. It takes me a moment before I realize that it was the boy who had a huge crush on me in high school. I remember that we did that project together and he found out I was dating Marshall, somehow his love for me turned into anger after that.
"Jake.. I remember you." I just say as I don't dare to look him in the eyes now. Jake still looks as good as he did in high school, he even looks better now but I never saw it coming that he wanted to become a police officer.
"Amelia, did James do this to you?" He asks and I look at him.
"Yes and Marshall was just trying to protect him, please you can't arrest him, please." I now beg Jake.
"Amelia I'm sorry but Marshall was pointing a probably loaded gun to an unarmed man's head, how matter how much he tried to protect you then it's still illegal." Jake explains to me and I can't even speak now, I just burst out crying and Jake pulls me into his chest trying to comfort me. "It's just out of my hands, I'm sorry." I know that there's nothing Jake can do, I already knew that things looked bad when the police stormed through the door. "We need to get you to the hospital and then you can give your testimony there, is that okay?" I look up at I now meet his eyes. I'm so scared that they're gonna let James walk because he does have a lot of friends down at the station.
"Promise me that you're not gonna let James walk. He has a lot of friends down at the station so you have to promise me that you'll truly fight for my case Jake." I beg him.
"Amelia, we all knew that something wasn't right at your home when we went to high school, we all had our suspicions about James. Trust me, this man is never gonna see the daylight again." Jake promises me.
"Thank you so much." I cry into his chest. Jake orders me an ambulance and I get transported to the hospital. It kills me that I don't know what's gonna happen to Marshall and Deshaun, all I know is that James, Marshall and Deshaun are all arrested and I'm now laying in the hospital all fucking alone. I fucking need Marshall and it kills me that he's not here to hold me and tell me that everything is gonna be okay. They've already looked at me and I have 4 broken ribs and my foot is just sprained from James twisting it, my face is pretty beat up but I only have a concussion. Luckily they've given me some pain medication so I don't feel the pain, I was in so much pain when I arrived because my adrenalin was coming down. Right now I'm waiting for the police to arrive so I can give them my testimony. It's awful to be all alone when I've just been through what I've been through, I just want someone here and I can't call anybody because I don't even know where my god damn phone is.
"Would you like to call someone?" The nurse who has treated me so far asks me. Would I like to call someone? Yes, Marshall! But that's not really an option. I should probably call Rachel but I really just want someone here with me right now. Lucas? Maybe Lucas is an option.
"Yes please." I say and she gives me a phone. I dial Lucas number and it rings a couple of times before he finally picks up.