Chapter 30 Christmas day

I wake up with the feeling of Rachel's hand nuzzling my cheek.
"Wake up sweetie." She tells me softly. I groan from tiredness from being up all night. I felt so guilty that I haven't bought a gift for Rachel so I decided to make her a book only with pictures of me and her. It actually gave me a lot of joy doing that book because it just reminded me how good she was to me after my mother's passing. When you make a book like that you discover just how many memories you have with this one person and me a Rachel have a lot of memories together, that's why I also decided to write something under each picture. I actually wish that my mom could see just how close me and Rachel are and how we still stick together, I'd would make her so happy. "Sweetie you need to wake up." Rachel speaks again.
"Mmh.." I groan but my eyes won't open, I'm so damn tired. Rachel just runs her fingers through my hair like she did when I was a kid, it feels nice and I love to feel like a child again, it's just nice to escape from this adult life sometimes and just have Rachel to take care of me.
"Honey you need to wake up." Rachel giggles and I open my eyes and look at her. "I've made us breakfast." She says. Sometimes I think Rachel is a superwoman because no matter what, she always finds time to do what needs to be done.
"Have you made pancakes?" I ask her because she knows I love pancakes.
"Of course I have." She says and stands up. "Hurry up before the food gets cold." She says as she leaves my room. I lay in the bed for a bit, even though I'm spending the Christmas with Rachel this year then it still doesn't feel right, the last couple of years I've spend the Christmas with Kevin and now I just feel so alone because Marshall isn't here. I check my phone hoping that Marshall has texted me, nothing. I get out of my bed and walk downstairs to see that Rachel have made the most delicious breakfast, there's literally everything; fruit, English breakfast, cereals, bread, pancakes and so on.
"You're crazy, you know that?" I grin as I sit down. It's crazy that Rachel has made this much food just for the two of us.
"Some claims that it's true." Rachel says and begins to eat. We have a moment of silence where we just eat and listen to the radio. "Where are you gonna spend the New Years?" Rachel then breaks the silence.
"I don't know." I say. I don't wanna bail on Rachel but it would be nice to spend the New Years with Marshall.
"Aren't you gonna spend it with Marshall?" She then asks.
"He's gonna spend it in Cali." I tell her.
"Oh.."
"He did invite me but I don't know." I mumble.
"Is everything good between the two of you?" Rachel now asks sounding concerned and I look at her.
"Everything is perfect." I say. "Honestly I just don't want you sit home alone." I then tell her the reason why I don't wanna go.
"Hey, don't you dare to consider to stay home because of me." She warns me. "You should go spend the New Years with Marshall." She says.
"But then you're just gonna sit home alone." I say.
"So? I'm gonna enjoy being by myself, trust me." She says with a smile. I don't know if she just says that so I won't feel bad about going or if she really means it.
"Are you sure? I can stay home if you want." I say.
"You're not allowed to stay home."
"He already want me to come to Detroit on Saturday." I then inform her.
"The 28th?" She asks me to be sure and I nod. "You should do it honey, I know how much you miss him and I can feel how sad you are now that he isn't around." She says. She's so right.. I miss him so much and it's like I can't even smile anymore because I miss him so much.
"Are you sure that it's okay?" I ask her and she nods with a smile on her face approving me to go, but it doesn't change the fact that I feel bad. Me and Melissa actually talked about spending the New Years with Rachel because me and Melissa have spent the New Years together since we got to know each other, now I have to tell her that I'm gonna spend it in Cali with Marshall, I wonder how she's gonna take it? Maybe I should ask Marshall if it would be okay to spring her with me to Cali? Then she can decide for herself if she wants to go or not.
"I have a gift for you." Rachel then says and lay a small gift on the table.
"Oh shoot.. I forget my gift for you upstairs." I say.
"This isn't from me." She says with a smile as I'm about to get up from chair to get her her gift. What? But if it isn't from Rachel then who is it from? I look at the gift and read the card.
"Merry Christmas baby." The card says and I immediately know it's from Marshall. "He gave it to me before he left." Rachel then says and I bite my lip in excitement as I begin to open the gift. When I remove the paper I discover that it's a jewelry box, I hesitate a little before I open it because I can already tell that it's an expensive jewelry which is inside. I open the box and inside there's a necklace with a diamond heart, it's so freaking beautiful and the only thing I want right now is to hug him and kiss him. "Wow.. It's beautiful." Rachel then says. I can't even speak so I just nod as I feel a tear fall, I miss him so much and for him to do something so unexpected is just sweet. I expected to get a gift from him but not today, I expected a gift from him when we were gonna see each other again. Right now I just wanna call him but I know that he's with his girls right now, so I can't.
"Fuck.. I miss him." I then cry when I finally have air to speak. Rachel gets up from her chair and sit next to me, she grabs me and pulls me in for a hug.
"I know honey." She says. "But in only 3 days you're gonna go see him." She comforts me.
"I know." I say getting myself together. It just bothers me that I can't buy Marshall anything because I'm broke as fuck and now he has bought me an expensive diamond necklace. I sit for a while just looking at the necklace before I get up. "I'm just gonna put it in my room." I say.
"You don't want it on?" Rachel asks me confused.
"I want Marshall to put it around my neck." I say with a tiny smile as I go up to my room. I see the opportunity to text Marshall as well.

To Marshall (9:49AM)
I just got your gift and I love it! Call me when you can, I have good news

I take Rachel's gift and go downstairs, I see that Rachel is about to clean the table and I place her gift on the dinning table.
"This wasn't what I intended to give you but I hope you like it anyway." I say to her.
"I'm sure I'm gonna love it honey." She says as she begins to open it. As soon as she has removed the paper she begins to look through the book and I actually see her eyes get watery.
"Do you like it?" I ask her after minutes of silence.
"I love it." She cries and pull me in for a hug. "This is the best gift ever." She then says. I know Rachel loves these kind of gifts but she deserves so much more, it's strange because I haven't been broke for so many years and suddenly I am, so the fact that I can't buy anything I want kinda sucks. "I have a gift for you too sweetie." She then says as she disappears upstairs. I decide to check my phone while she gets my gift and there's a text from Marshall.

Marshall (9:56AM)
I'm glad you love it baby then you can take that cheap old necklace off your neck now. I'll call you later.

The thing is that I love the old cheap necklace he gave me for my graduation. so even though he just gave me a new expensive one then I will never take the old one off.

Reply to Marshall (10:02AM)
I still love the old one

Rachel now comes down with a little box, she hasn't bought me jewelry, has she? Rachel hands me the gift with a big smile and I was right, it's a jewelry box and inside there's a jewelry for my Pandora bracelet.
"Oh it's nice." I say smiling. I'm actually happy with my gift because I know it has been affordable for Rachel and really really like it.
"Do you like it?" She asks.
"I love it." I say and hug her.

Me and Rachel have a really nice Christmas day and when I'm about to go to bed Marshall calls me.

"Hi." I say in cheerily voice because I've waited all day for his call.
"Hi baby. Did you have a good day?" He asks.
"Yeah.. What about you?"
"I've had a great day with Kim and the kids." He says and I can feel my stomach twisting. He hasn't told me that Kim was gonna join them.
"Kim was there too?"
"Yeah we always spend the Christmas together for the sake of the kids." He says. I know that all his tensions are good but it still sucks that she can spend the day with him and I can't.
"Okay." I say in a low voice.
"Is there something wrong?"
"No.. I just miss you."
"I miss you too baby."
"Thanks for the necklace, it's really beautiful."
"Everything for my queen." He says and I can feel myself blush. "You said you had good news?"
"Yes, I'm gonna spend the New Years with you."
"Are you gonna fly out here the 28th then?"
"Yes but you have to book me a flight because you know.. I have no money." I say and I feel embarrassed that I have to ask him for money.
"Don't worry, I'm gonna take care of it."
"I have to ask you about something. You know Melissa, my best friend, right?"
"Yeah."
"I've actually promised her to spend the New Years with her so I was thinking if she could join us in Cali?"
"Yeah sure." He says and I'm a little surprised because I didn't expect him to go on with it right away.
"Really?" I ask him.
"Yeah she's your best friend and you're gonna be in a room with a lot of people you don't know, so you should bring her."
"You're the best boyfriend, do you know that?"
"I'm trying." He says.

Me and Marshall talk on the phone for an hour just talking, I'm so looking forward to see him again.

I hope you liked the chapter! :)
I hope y'all had I nice Christmas if you're celebrating that.

I've actually started writing another Eminem fan fiction but I don't know if I'm gonna publish it yet. I just had so many ideas which I couldn't get to fit in in this story so therefore I decided to start a new one. What do you think? Should I publish it or should I wait? And would it be something you would be interested in reading?
Don't think I have lost my interest in this story because that's not the case ;)