Chapter 80 New arrangement

We just arrived in Detroit last night and I'm so glad to be back in Detroit to be honest. I began to feel so terribly lonely in LA because Marshall had to work all the time, I know that he's also gonna work a lot even though he's in Detroit but it's a little different. Even though I've hated Detroit and my memories here then I've become to the realization that this is my future and I have to work it out. I know that I have to talk all this shit out with Tasha because I need her and Lucas, I need someone in this city. That's why I know that I also have to get along with Sharonda someday but it's gonna be a challenge. The job situation is almost fixed, I just have to talk to Marshall about it and then figure it out with Kevin. But I know for a fact that it's not gonna be easy convincing Marshall that it's the best for me right now.

Marshall is right now down at the studio with Obie and Deshaun so I'm just sitting in the living room watching tv. I miss the weather in LA right now and now it's even more boring to be home when you can't really do shit. Maybe I should just call Kevin and set something up with him? I know that I haven't spoke with Marshall about it yet but it's not really his decision anyway, besides I don't see the problem because me and Kevin ain't gonna socialize in anyway other then when we have to talk about things about the club over the phone.

"Hi." Kevin says when he picks up the the phone.
"Hi how are you?" I ask him.
"I'm good. How are you? How was LA?"
"It was good, I differently miss the weather now that I'm back in Detroit."
"I bet you do." He chuckles.
"So Kevin.. What's your plan with the club?"
"My plan is that you're gonna run it when you're ready."
"I'm ready now."
"Is Marshall okay with this?"
"He doesn't know yet."
"Shouldn't you inform him first?"
"Why? It isn't his decision."
"Amelia.. You know how he feels about this."
"Why is it your concern?"
"Because I don't want you in any trouble because of me." Kevin says. How does he think Marshall is? Marshall is gonna be a little pissed, without doubt but I'm not gonna get in trouble. It's like Kevin sees Marshall as this bad guy I should be afraid of.
"I'm not gonna get in trouble Kevin." I say rolling my eyes.
"I know he doesn't like me."
"And you don't like him." I point out.
"Of course not.. He stole my fiancé." Kevin says and it breaks my heart to hear the sadness in his voice.
"Kevin.."
"Let's not talk about that." He cuts me off which only spares me for an awkward conversation.
"When can I start?" I ask.
"On Monday. Then it's gonna give you some time to talk it over with Marshall as well." Kevin suggests.
"That sounds good."
"Is that okay with you?"
"It's perfect."
"Are you good Amelia? I mean.. We haven't talked much about all that with Rachel, your father and James for that sake."
"That thing with Rachel really gets to me." I sigh.
"She can't see how wrong it is?"
"Apparently not."
"I know how much Rachel means to you so I think it's sad that you're about to lose her."
"It's not like I wanna lose her." My voice begins to shake now.
"I know that. I just don't get it, I really don't.. With all you guys have been through then I really thought she was going to make smarter decisions."
"It just feels like she's letting me down, it feels like she doesn't love me when she chooses him over me." I cry now.
"She's just a fool in love."
"You can impossibly be that blind."
"No offense.. But I'm still in love with you and that's pretty stupid considering what you did." He says. I don't feel offended because he's right, he is stupid for still being in love with me.
"But it doesn't justify it."
"No it doesn't and I understand why you won't talk to her."
"It just feels like I'm losing everything around me." I cry now. It's so nice to talk to Kevin about this because he's such a good listener. I now see Marshall walking into the living room with a wondering look on his face, I have no idea how much he's heard and I know that I'm fucked as soon as he finds out who's on the other line. Kevin is saying something now but I don't hear it because I'm panicking inside.

"Why are you crying?" Marshall asks me now.
"I gotta go." I say to Kevin and I just hang up which makes Marshall's face impression change into confusing and anger.
"Who was that?" He asks now. I don't say anything, I'm lost for words because I wanna tell him but I don't know how. "It was Kevin, wasn't it?"
"Don't get angry.."
"For fuck sake Amelia!" He hisses as his hands slides down his face like he does when he's trying to control himself. He's angry, he's very angry.. "Why were you talking to him?"
"I'm gonna run the department here in Detroit." I almost whisper because I feel so small and by that it's difficult to find my voice. He looks so big standing there on the floor while I sit here crumbling up on the couch. This was not the way I wanted to tell him!
"You're gonna what?" He asks as his eyes widen.
"I've told you before that.."
"And I told you that I didn't approve it Amelia!" He cuts me off angrily.
"What is it your afraid of?" I ask him.
"You being on the phone like this with him, crying and telling him how it feels like you're losing everything around you!" He says. Shit.. He heard that.
"What is it exactly I have left except from you Marshall?" I ask.
"That's not what we're talking about Amelia!" He says sounding so frustrated. "You should talk about that shit with me, not your ex fiancé!"
"I need some others than you to talk to and I really don't have any friends here." I try to explain him.
"Then stop being a stuck up bitch and make shit right with Tasha! I don't want you phoning your ex fiancé!" He says and I can tell that he's hurt. It's not my intention to hurt or make Marshall angry but Kevin is just easy to talk to.
"I'm sorry, I know I.."
"And what the fuck is wrong with talking to Melissa?!" He cuts me off with a question.
"Nothing. I just called Kevin to talk about that job and.."
"Why would you do that when you know fucking well that I'm not cool with it?" He cuts me off once again.
"Marshall, I'm just gonna run the department." I say.
"I don't care. You're not gonna be partner with him." He says. That club means so much to me and Marshall is not gonna win this one, I want to run that department and that's how it's gonna be.
"That's not your decision Marshall." I put my foot down.
"It's not my decision?" He glares at me.
"No." I say.
"Why do you have the need to put me in this fucking position Amelia?! Do you want me to get fucking jealous?! Do you want me to be fucking insecure?! Do you fucking enjoy to put me through shit like this? What games are you playing, huh?!" He yells. His whole body is tensed from anger right now but this is simply not something I want him to control and that's what pisses him off.
"I'm not playing games with you Marshall but I need a job and since me and Kevin split then I've wanted to run the department in Detroit and you know that." I explain.
"Let me just buy you a fucking club then!"
"No Marshall, you know how I feel about that." I say as we've had this discussion a million times before.
"Then rather destroy our fucking relationship you selfish bitch." He says and before I get to say anything he's out of the living room. I know he's going down to the studio and I don't intend to follow him, I know he needs his space but I'm not done with him. I hate when he's being so mean in his mouth just because he doesn't get it his way, I'm not gonna stand by and take his nasty words and pretend that it's okay. He should watch his mouth even though that he's angry with me!
I look at my phone now and Kevin has texted me.

Kevin (7:23pm)
Are you okay?

Reply to Kevin (7:32pm)
Yes, it was just Marshall. He knows that I start working Monday.

Kevin (7:37pm)
Is that okay with him?

Reply to Kevin (7:40pm)
I think he needs some time to swallow it ;)

Hi guys :) I hope you liked the chapter. I was thinking about something: where do y'all come from? I'd like to know my readers a little better ;)
Don't forget to vote and comment. :)