Chapter 28 Disagreements

I wake up already feeling nervous as hell about meeting with Kevin today because I really can't predict what's gonna happen. Kevin has shown a side of himself I didn't know he had, so for the first time since I got to know him I actually find myself in a position where I feel uncomfortable as hell around him. My thoughts get interrupt by my phone going off, I look at the screen and I feel butterflies in my stomach.

"Good morning." I say.
"Good morning baby." Marshall says and I feel my knees turn weak.
"What's up?"
"Not much, the girls are gonna be here in about 20 minutes so I thought I'd call and hear your voice before they're coming."
"Aw you're so sweet."
"What are you doing?"
"I'm about to get ready."
"For what?"
"I'm gonna have a meeting with Kevin at 11." I say and there's a moment of silence before Marshall speaks.
"Why haven't you told me?"
"Because it was something we arranged late last night."
"And why do you have a meeting with him again?" Marshall asks me with an attitude and it's obvious that he's jalousie.
"He wants me to sign some papers."
"Papers?"
"I assume that he wants me to sign over the clubs but that's not gonna happen."
"But he told you what's gonna happen if you don't."
"I'm not gonna let him blackmail me."
"Do you realize what's gonna happen if he sells out some story about us?"
"Let him, I don't care."
"But I do Amelia." Marshall says in a slightly angry tone. Wait.. Why is he acting like this? Doesn't he want people to know that we're dating?
"Why?" I ask him.
"Because I have so much fucking shit going on right now."
"So? Am I not a part of that?"
"Of course you are but things will get fucking crazy if our relationship gets put out there."
"So you want us to hide our relationship?"
"For a bit longer yeah."
"You're a piece of fucking shit Marshall." I say angrily. I can't believe that he rather wants me to lose everything than want us relationship to be public, I bet that this has something to do with Kim.
"What the fuck Amelia?" He asks me and his voice are hitting a high note. "I'm a piece of fucking shit?"
"Yes you'll rather have me lose everything than publishing our relationship!"
"No I'm trying to protect our relationship for fuck sake and yeah I'd rather have you lose something I can buy ya than losing you!"
"What the fuck are you talking about?!"
"If it gets out there that you're my girlfriend then the media is gonna do anything to sell a story about our relationship, if I just get near a girl then they're gonna make up some story that I'm cheating and I honestly don't think that our relationship is strong enough for that yet."
"Marshall I'm not gonna let him run me over just because you think that I don't trust you."
"Did you forget that I have kids Amelia? Hallie is soon gonna turn 7 so I can't exclude her from all the media's bullshit. I don't want her to find out that I have a fucking girlfriend through the medias!" Marshall says. Ugh! He's right!
"Fine." I sigh.
"Thank you!" He says and I can tell that he's still angry by his tone. There's a moment of awkward silence because I know he's a little pissed and so am I, I really thought that I was going to ruin Kevin today but thanks to Marshall I'm not.
"Well I gotta go now." I break the silence.
"Do you really think we should end our conversation like this?"
"No but I don't have time to argue with you."
"I'm not tryna argue with you Amelia but you have to see it from my perspective." He says. I do understand him but it just sucks that I have to lose everything.
"I do but it still sucks that I have to lose my clubs."
"I'll make sure that you can start your own night club."
"You know how I feel about that."
"Why won't you let me help you? After all it's my fault." He says. I don't ever want him to think that all this is his fault, I left Kevin, I cheated on him and pissed him off, non of that is Marshall's fault.
"Non of this is your fault, don't you ever think that."
"Let me help you baby."
"Marshall we've talked about this so many times and I'm not gonna change my mind."
"So you won't ever let me buy you anything just because you want to be independent?"
"Yes but not a club." I say now looking at my watch, I really need to get going. "I really need to go now."
"Alright call me later."
"I will." I say and hang up.