Chapter 43 A short visit at Club In

Monday, me and Marshall spend the whole day just chatting and relaxing with Rachel, I actually think it's nice for Marshall to just take a break with me and Rachel sometimes.
But now it's work day again and I'm caught up in all these papers once again, the worse shit is over now so now it's all about planing and salary checks.
"Do you have everything other control?" Dan suddenly asks me in doorway scaring the shit out of me. "It wasn't my intention to scare you." He chuckles.
"I know. I was just really focused." I say smiling. "What's up?" I ask him because I wonder why he's here.
"I just wanted to check on you." He says and sits down on a chair now.
"Well now that you're here then I need to talk to you." I say. I need to tell him about the fact that Marshall and 50 are planing on renting the club next Saturday.
"Do you know who 50 cent is?" I ask him.
"Yeah I've heard his name around the streets. Eminem just signed him to his label, right?" He asks.
"Yes." I say. "Curtis asked me if he could rent the club next Saturday?"
"Sure, then you can serve him and his friends." He says the words I was hoping he would say.
"Yeah, sure." I say smiling. There's a moment of silence where it comes to the point where it gets pretty awkward. I hate when things are awkward but right now I don't know what to say.
"Something has bothered me lately." Dan finally speaks and I just look at him waiting for him to speak again. Dan doesn't pick up on my hint at first but then he finally speaks. "Don't you find me attractive at all? I mean.. I know I promised you to back off and it's not about that, I'm just curious if you really meant it?" He asks. I don't get why this is bothering him and I can't help but beginning to laugh of how desperate he sounds right now, like why is my opinion so important?
"Did I hurt your pride Dan?" I ask him as I still can't hold back my laughter.
"You know what?" He says as he gets up from the chair. "Forget it Amelia."
"Are you seriously gonna act like a bitch now?" I ask him forgetting to watch my mouth, sometimes I just forget that I'm not talking with Marshall, the guys or Melissa.
"I'm so fucking done being a nice guy now." Dan says with anger written all over his face.
"Have you ever been a nice guy to me? If so then you have a pretty strange way of showing it." I say.
"Didn't I give you this fucking job? Haven't I watched out for your needs? You're a fucking ungrateful bitch!" He now raises his voice.
"No I just don't like when people is sticking their nose into my private life like you've done." I say.
"You're gonna regret this Amelia." He says in a warning tone and leaves. I really need to find some other job really soon because I have a feeling that this shit is gonna blow up.
I decide to text Melissa because I really need some girl time with her, mostly because I need to talk to her about this situation but also because I haven't seen her a lot lately.

To Melissa (3:14pm)
Can I come over today?

It sucks that we don't work at the same place anymore, we saw each other a lot when we did and now I just feel that we're missing out on each other's lives.

Melissa (3:17pm)
Always hon!

Reply to Melissa (3:20pm)
I'll drive from work in about 30 min

I finish my papers, afterwards I pack my things and head out of the office when I meet Dan standing there with a stack of paper.
"Where do you think you're going?" He asks me and places the stack of paper in my arms before I can answer him. "I need those papers done today." He says.
"What? No. I have plans Dan." I inform him. I know he does this because he's pissed at me.
"Cancel them." He says coldly and turn around to walk.
"I refuse to do them today!" I shout after him.
"If you don't then you're fired." He just says and keeps walking. I want to say that he should go fuck himself, but I can't afford to lose this job before I have other options. I know that he's only doing this because of our argument and this is how he's planing  on to take it out on me.

To Melissa (4:01pm)
I have to cancel. Dan just gave me a stack of papers that I need to get done today. Fucking asshole!

I look at the papers and it's accounts and numbers from the last 6 years that I have to systemize and do status on. This is fucking unnecessary because it's just double work, I know that he's done it or else he wouldn't have control over shit and since he's nightclub is pretty successful, I can only assume that he's already done this but he just wanna give me a hard time.