Chapter 8 Sleepover at Marshall's

A black limo arrives to pick me up and I get in the backseat. I just look out the window as we drive through Detroit, I have so many memories here both good and bad.
"Is everything good Miss Dane?" The driver asks.
"Everything is fine, thank you." I say smiling. Everything is not fine, I'm so damn confused about this whole thing and I've been acted like a single woman tonight when I'm getting married in 5 months, what the fuck is wrong with me? I have no idea what Marshall wants or what he expect would happen if I even did blow off the wedding. Kevin is the perfect man and we have something really good together, should I give that up for my teenage love? Maybe Kim is right, maybe I don't know Marshall anymore. A lot have happened in 8 years with him, he got signed and now everyone know who he is, he have 3 kids and he married the woman he claimed to me that he wasn't in love with, so no maybe I don't know him anymore because 8 years does a lot to a person, fame does a lot to a person, kids and marriage changes people. Maybe I'm just in love with who Marshall used to be and what we used to have? How come Marshall makes me feel things that Kevin can't? I just can't explain it.
"We're here." The driver says. I look out of the window and we're in front of a huge house, does Marshall live here?! The driver opens my door and I get out and the cold air hits me. "Mr. Mathers asked me to tell you that there's open and you can just walk in."
"Thank you." I say and I walk to the front door, I open it carefully and it leads into a big hallway, I see a hook where I can hang my jacket so I do that. "Marshall?!" I call.
"Out here." He says from somewhere in the house. I've never been in this house jackass.
"I don't know where 'out here' is!" I say.
"Just follow my voice baby." He chuckles and I try to do that while he's rapping, I can't help but giggle at his childish site. It's crazy that he lives in such a big house when last time I saw him he lived in a trailer park. I keep following his voice till I get to a big beautiful kitchen and I see him standing in front of the island making a sandwich. "Are you hungry baby?" He asks me when he sees that I've made my way out here. I just shake my head because I can't eat anything because my mind is a mess right now, I just stand there looking at him not knowing what to do and Marshall looks up at me again. "Get over here." He says and I walk over to him. He grabs the lower of my back and pulls me into a kiss and sure I enjoy it but I don't kiss him back 100%. "Somethings wrong?" He asks me apparently noticing my distance.
"My head is just filled up, you know?" I say.
"Is it something you wanna talk about?" He asks and I nod. "Aright I'll just eat my sandwich and then we'll talk, aright?" I just nod my head and take a seat.
"Marshall, can I ask you something?" I ask him.
"Of course." He says and takes a bite of his sandwich.
"How come you're gonna have custody over Kim's new baby when the child is not yours and you're not together?" I ask him.
"Because she needs a dad." He says.
"Doesn't she already have a dad?" I ask him.
"No he bailed." He says. I'm quiet for a moment because I'm a bit afraid to ask what I'm about to ask next.
"Do you still love her?" I ask him and he looks at me.
"She's my baby's mother so of course I have some love for her." He says and that really hurts to hear so I just nod my head. "But it's never gonna be me and her again not after all that shit she put me through." He says. We sit and do some small talk while he eats and then we head to the living room. I see boxes everywhere, I wonder if he's moving or what. "Sorry for the mess but I just bought this house recently."
"It's okay." I say with a smile as I sit down on the couch and Marshall sits next to me.
"So what's on your mind?" He asks me.
"This whole thing is just one big mess." I sigh.
"Me?" He asks me.
"Me.. You.. Kevin. I mean this is gonna backfire on me, I can feel it." I say.
"You need to be more specific." He says.
"I love Kevin, you know? I'm gonna marry him in 5 months and I was so eager about that until you walked into my life again. I know what the right thing is to do but when I'm with you I just forget all about the right thing. I don't know what you want and I think it would be stupid of me to expect that you want something serious between us. A lot of things have changed in 8 years, you got signed, married, you got kids and everybody knows who you are now." I explain to him and it feels so good to say it out loud to him.
"And you don't think anything has changed about you? You got a head of yourself man. You have turned into this serious business woman which turns me the fuck on." He says the last part with a smile before he continues "You're gonna get married and I'm not married no more, I'm a single man and I can do whatever I want so I don't think this is about what I want but about what you want. I'm gonna be straight with you and say that I don't know what I want either, because that shit with Kim crushed me, you know? But then you came along and I can't fucking resist you even though you bailed on me and walked all over me, all though I know I don't like the thought about you marrying Kevin." He says. That didn't make me any less confused..
"But do you see why I'm confused?" I ask him.
"I do." He says.
"It's just.. if I cancel the wedding and all then I'm not only gonna cause some big drama but I'm also standing with you and you don't know what you want, so I could be standing alone in the end of this." I say.
"So you're afraid of being alone?" He asks.
"No I'm afraid of getting my heart broken." I say. I can't handle being heartbroken again that's the worse thing ever.
"But you feel me right? I have a hard time believing that you won't pull a trick on me like that again." He says.
"Marshall.. why should I do that? I'm not running from anything now." I say. I only went to Cali because of the situation with James, why can't he get that into his head? Marshall doesn't say anything so I decide to speak again. "Your new life is what makes me nervous." I admit. I can't see how I should deal with all the traveling, the partying, all the girls and I know I would barely see him, mostly I'm worried about the girls.
"How come?" He asks.
"You have all these beautiful girls hitting on you..." I begin to speak but he just cuts me off.
"Don't even go there, aright?" He warns me. Wow.. Touchy subject..
"Sorry but you asked." I say.
"Amelia.. I don't want to rush into anything but I won't let you go again either." He says. Then what choice do I have? He just told me before that it was about what I wanted but now he tells me that he won't let me go.
"You know.. I made a promise to Kevin.." I begin to speak but he cuts me off again.
"You also made promises to me in the past, remember?" He reminds me.
"I didn't promise to marry you." I say.
"No, but you promised not to leave me." He says and I can feel him getting irritated.
"Marshall.. I had my reasons." I remind him once again.
"I know and I understand that, but don't sit there talking about promises because you made them to me too." He says in a irritated tone. I begin to notice that he gets like this every time I talk about marrying Kevin. I'm so tired that I actually don't wanna do this right now so silence comes over us for a couple of minutes before he speaks again. "Are you tired?"
"Very much." I say without looking at him because I don't wanna look into his angry eyes.
"Let's head to bed then." He says getting off the couch and I just follow him upstairs. He opens a door and gently pushes the small of my back so I enter the room first, it's obvious that it's the master bedroom and it is simply beautiful with a dark wooden king size bed, all furnitures in here are made of the same dark wood, the walls are painted in a soft beige and it's just simply beautiful.
"Wow." I gasp and I hear him chuckle in my ear as he puts his hands around my waist.
"You like it?" He asks.
"It's beautiful." I almost whisper.
"You think you could sleep in here?" He chuckles. My heart skips a beat, does he want us to sleep in the same bed together? I know we kissed and got a little touchy in the club but I can't have sex with him, that would be pushing it too far.
"You want us.. To sleep in the.. Bed together?" I stutter.
"Yeah why not?" He asks and I turn around to look at him.
"Marshall I can't.." I say.
"Don't tell me you want your own room after all that shit which went down tonight." Marshall says in a irritated tone.
"So you just wanted sex?" I ask him with hurt in my voice as I back away from him.
"Don't give me that fucking look Amelia." He says.
"Answer my question." I demand.
"Aright I'm not gonna lie. After how we acted at the club then yeah I thought we were gonna have sex." He begins and I back away even further. How could I be so stupid? He just wanted sex! I feel so stupid. "Let me fucking finish!" He says which makes me stop moving. "But after our talk downstairs then I understand that you need some time and this shit is hard for you, but can't I at least hold you during the night?" He asks. His words doesn't help me feel better, he just brought me back to the house to have sex with me.
"So your intention was actually to bring me back here to have sex?" I ask him with sadness written all over my face.
"Yo you din't quite stop me when I went under your skirt, did you?" He asks with frowned eyebrows.
"No but.." I try to speak but he cuts me off.
"But fine, you can get your own room cus apparently you don't trust me." He says and I can hear that he tries to hide his anger. It's not because I don't wanna sleep in here but I don't want anything to happen.
"Marshall I wanna sleep in here." I say and it's not because he got angry, but because I really want to.
"Thank you!" He says in an irritated tone and walks towards the bed while he take off his t-shirt. That body.
"Do you have a t-shirt I can sleep in?" I ask. I could have brought my own but I'm afraid that Marshall will recognize it. He just sighs deeply and head towards one of the two doors in the room which apparently is a big walk in closet, I follow right behind him and as he begins to find a t-shirt, I wrap my arms around his waist from behind and kiss his shoulder, he smells so good. "I'm sorry." I say. He turns around with a t-shirt in his hand and kisses me.
"It's okay baby." He says and kisses me again this time with the tongue, I can help but put my hands on his chest just to feel his skin, it's obvious that he works out a lot and he's gotten a lot more trained since last time I saw him. Marshall gives me the t-shirt and breaks the kiss. "You can change in the bathroom." He says. It's not hard to figure out that the other door in the bedroom leads to a bathroom, so I grab my things and  go into the bathroom and it's so big! There's a shower AND a big bathtub. I change into his t-shirt which is waaay to big, I then remove my makeup and brush my hair and then I go out to Marshall. He lays on the bed only wearing his baggy pants and he begins to chuckle when he sees me.
"You look hot." He chuckles.
"I know, right? Maybe I should borrow it for the next time I go out clubbing." I say as I walk towards the bed.
"No you already stole my best shirt, remember?" He asks. I can believe he remembers that! I lay down on the bed next to him and hold my head up with my hand.
"I still have it though." I say blushing.
"You have?" He asks surprised as he lay himself on side and pull me against him.
"Mmh.." I say biting my lip. "I use it to sleep in." I admit.
"Still this day today?" He asks.
"Yes.. I mean at first I did it to get comfort but now it's just a.. you know.. habit." I say.
"I like that." He says and kisses me. "Fuck I've missed you." He says against my lips.
"I've missed you too." I say. We make out a little before we go to sleep and it just feels so right laying on his chest, I feel safe.