Chapter 40 Nice to see you

I can't wait to get off work because then Marshall is gonna pick me up, I even said that it was gonna be late but he didn't care, so he's gonna pick me up after work and I'm just really looking forward to see him.
Tonight I'm working with Dan, Jon and Hannah and it's fine even though Dan still gets on my nerves.

"A martini." A guy orders.
"Coming right up." I tell him politely with a smile and I begin to fix him the drink he just ordered.
"When are we gonna see you boyfriend here?" I suddenly hear Dan's voice in my ear. He has been so obsessed lately to meet my boyfriend and I don't know why, I don't know if it's because he wants to see if he's better looking or if he can compete with him, what I do know is that it pisses me off.
"Never." I say coldly.
"You know.. I begin to wonder if that boyfriend of yours really exists." He chuckles. What an idiot! Who should I try to fool? I'm not fucking 13 and I don't need to pretend I have a boyfriend.
"You can wonder all you want, my private life still doesn't concern you Dan." I tell him and walk away from him to serve the drink for the man who ordered the martini.
"Come on, why do you have to me so hostile?" I hear Dan's voice in my ear again and this time I turn around to look at him.
"Because you're pissing me off Dan." I say angrily. It's a good thing that the music is loud so no one can hear our conversation.
"I'm pissing you off?" He's questioning.
"I don't know what games you're playing or what your intentions are but don't stick your nose into my private business okay?" I say angrily.
"Amelia I'm not trying to piss you off or anything and I'm sorry if I've send the wrong signals, I just find you very interesting that's all." He says.
"But I have a boyfriend and that's the end of it and if you don't stop bothering me then I'm gonna quit this job." I warn him.
"Come on Amelia, you can't call him a boyfriend when you've only been with him for a little over a month." He says.
"You know what? I'm gonna go up to my office now and pack my things." I say and I walk away very fast. I warned him and he didn't stop, I can't work for him when he doesn't accept my limits. Just as I reach upstairs I then feel someone grabbing my arm and I already know it's Dan, he spins me around to face him and I look at him with a very angry look.
"Can we talk about this?" He asks me.
"No." I say coldly. I've been sticking up with his shit too long now and I'm done!
"Amelia I'm sorry, alright? I know I've crossed the line but I can't control myself around you, you do something to me and I just can't control it." He apologizes but it only makes me angrier. What makes him think that I would ever find a prick like him interesting? Sure he's hot but I don't like his personality and his charm doesn't work on me, not that I've seen him using his charm towards me because all he has been doing is bothering me.
"I would never considering dating you, not even if I was single Dan." I say and I can see that my words surprises him.
"You don't find me attractive?" He asks.
"No." I lie. I do find him attractive but his personality makes him unattractive so I'm actually not lying.
"Ouch." He says. I walk into my office but Dan follows right behind me, I don't know what I'm gonna do now but I just know that I can't work here anymore. " Amelia please don't quit." I hear Dan say behind me as I pack my things, I turn around to look at him because I'm not done giving him an attitude.
"Don't quit? How am I suppose to work for a guy who doesn't respect my limits and keeps bothering me?" I ask him angrily.
"I really thought we had a little game going on, I'm sorry." He now says. Is he an idiot or something? I think I've been very clear in what I wanted and what I didn't want so how can he misunderstand that? I've told him from the start that I had a boyfriend and I didn't want him to ask questions about my personal life.
"I'm sorry, what?" I ask him confused. "A game? I've been very clear in my saying Dan so how the fuck can you misunderstand that?" I ask him angrily.
"Some women are like that, believe it or not. They act like they don't want you but in reality they do want you." He explains.
"I don't want you Dan and I'm really happy with my boyfriend, do you get that?" I ask him angrily.
"I understand. Will you please stay?" He asks.
"This is your last chance Dan." I warn him. I know I shouldn't stay but as said before; I don't find another job like this so I need to stay before I do. If Marshall knew about this he'll go nuts and he would beat Dan's ass up.
"Of course." Dan says. I don't say anything, I just walk passed him and go down to the bar to return to my work.

Dan is off my ass for the rest of the night and I can just concentrate about work and daydreaming about Marshall. It feels like I haven't seen him forever and it's so hard to be away from him like this. I wish that everything could be like when we were younger, sure we were pore as fuck but we had each other and it's all that matters now. I know it doesn't matter for Marshall now, he likes to have that kind of money and power, he likes that he can give his kids everything he didn't had and he likes that he can give me everything I've ever dreamed of even though I don't want anything from him.

It's now 7am and I'm finally off work so I walk out to Marshall car with the butterflies going crazy in my stomach. I get into the car and Marshall looks so damn good with that smile on his face which tells me that he has missed me as well.
"Hi beautiful." He says and he leans in for a kiss. I kiss him back softly and his words makes my body turn into jelly.
"Hi handsome." I say as I break the kiss. Marshall eyes slide down and he looks at my bare legs with frowned brows.
"What kind of clothes is that to wear in the month of January?" He asks me. I know that Marshall isn't concerned about me being sick or anything, he's concerned about other guys staring at me or something like that. This is my work outfit and I can't do anything about it, we have to wear these short shorts and a top which shows our lower stomach to attract costumers, that's just how business works.
"It's my work outfit." I tell him.
"Are you wearing that clothes when you're serving drinks in the bar?" He asks me.
"Yes."
"I don't like for other men to see my girlfriend in clothes like that." He says and I knew he would feel like that but what am I suppose to do? I mean.. I asked my employees to wear the same type of clothes.
"What am I suppose to do?" I ask and Marshall begins to drive.
"Ask for new uniforms." He says coldly.
"I can't do that Marshall, it's just how it works at nightclubs. I asked my employees to wear the same type of clothes back then, it's a way to attract costumers or for the men to buy more drinks." I explain to him.
"So I just have to accept that my girlfriend is looking like a whore?" He says and I widen my eyes as I look at him. Did he just say that?
"That was just mean Marshall." I say with sadness written all over my face and my voice.
"No I'm just telling you the truth Amelia. I don't like for other men to see my girlfriend dressed like that." He says. It makes me angry that he just had the opportunity to apologize but he didn't.
"Well it's nice to see you too." I say in sarcasm.
"Are you seriously getting angry at me?" He asks me and he looks at me shortly before his eyes then returns to the road again.
"Of course I'm getting angry!" I raise my voice. "You just told me I looked like a whore!"
"Yeah and I think it's fucking sexy but only in the bedroom. Amelia for fuck sakes, you know how I feel about shit like that, you know I don't like for other men to see you like that." He explains. I know that Marshall tells me this because he loves me, but this is just how things is and he saw me wearing clothes like this when I served for him in the VIP back then, he didn't have a problem with that back then but suddenly because we have a title over our heads, then he's gonna tell me what to wear.
"Marshall I don't have other options, this is my job." I say.
"If you weren't that fucking stubborn and you'd just let me buy you a fucking club then we wouldn't have this conversation." He spats. Really? This shit again?
"I'm not gonna have this conversation with you again Marshall." I say. I thought I made it clear to him last time why I don't want him to buy me a club, so why does he bring it up again? This job is good and I earn some good money, I know Dan hasn't been in his best behavior but hopefully he's done acting like that now.
"No because it always have to be in your way." He mumbles.
"No I just don't wanna end up in the same shit again." I say.
"You ain't gonna end up in a shitty situation because the club will be all yours!" He raises his voice.
"Don't raise your voice at me." I say. "And I've already explained all that to you so we're not gonna have this conversation Marshall." Marshall doesn't say anything, he just stays quiet. I know he's angry and I know that this isn't over but I'm tired of having this conversation over and over again.