Chapter 38 New job

Me and Marshall went home to each our city from Cali January the 2nd and luckily I had Melissa as company on the way home. I have no idea when I'm gonna see Marshall again and that kills me inside, it would be much easier if I had a date to look forward to but with all the business releasing 50 cent's album next month then Marshall won't promise me anything. I know that this was how it was gonna be but that doesn't make it less harder, I just wish I could have him all by myself. It's hard to compete with the whole world, that's what I'm doing, I have to share him with the whole world because all want their share of him, it's harder than you could ever imagine.
It's gonna be good starting up my new job today so I can focus on something else. I'm a little nervous starting my new job though because of the way I suspected Dan flirting with me at the job interview, I really need this job but I also know that I can't work with a boss who hits on me.
I walk into the club, there's silent and I can't see any employees. I've always thought about how crazy it is how a club can transform itself, meaning that when you walk into the club before it opens or in the daytime, it's all so empty and the rooms seem so big and lonely, it's almost scary, but when you walk into a club at the nighttime after opening time then it's filled with hopes, love, flirt and new friendships. That's why I've always wanted to open a club because I love how one building can have so much meaning, I love how one building have so many feelings and you can just feel it when you enter the room. I love how people can come to a club to meet with their friends or catch up with old friends, I love how people can come to a club to make new friends, I love how people can come to a club to find love or just an innocent flirt for the night, I love how people can come to a club to escape just for the night, I love how many opportunities there are.
"Hello?" I speak loudly through the building to signalize to Dan that I am arrived. Dan walks into the room with a tiny smile on his face, it's not one of those polite smiles, no it's more like one of the arrogant ones.
"Amelia." He says and then he walks past me. "Follow me." He says. I follow him upstairs to his office where we were at the job interview. Dan asks me to sit down as he sits down as well, so I take a seat across from him. I don't know what it is about Dan but he makes me really uncomfortable, the way he stares at me makes me uncomfortable and I think it's because I don't really like his arrogant personality. "So how are you Amelia?" He asks.
"I'm good. How are you?" I ask him politely.
"I'm good." He says and look down at his papers quickly and then his eyes are fix on me again. "So I was thinking that you could work Thursday to Saturday from 10PM to 7AM." He says. It's some long hours and I haven't worked like that in many years but I know I have to start over, I'm not in the position to complain about my work hours.
"So I have Sunday and Monday off?" I ask.
"Yes." He says and I just nod my head, I guess that's a good thing at least.
"So I assume that you open the club at 11 and close at 6am?" I ask him just to be sure.
"That's correct." He just says.
"What about my salary?" I ask him. I think it's really rude that I have to ask him about my salary when he as a boss should inform me about that.
"Well.. What would you think were reasonable?" He asks me. That man is so fucking twisted! He shouldn't ask me what's reasonable when I'm the employee.
"It depends on how of a shitty boss you are." I say giving him a taste of my attitude. If he can be arrogant and rude then I can as well. I think he knows how much he irritates me because he just starts chuckling while leaning back in his chair, again arrogant!
"It depends on how of a shitty employee you are." He says with a smirk. Oh god he's annoying!
"Well I'm a good employee." I just say.
"How much do you think a good employee deserves?" He asks. What is he playing?
"If you give all your new employees this opportunity then your business is not gonna go well in a few years from now." I tell him again giving him an attitude to show him how unprofessional I think he is right now.
"Who ever said that I give all my new employees this opportunity?" He asks raising his left brow. This is exactly why he makes me uncomfortable, I can't read him and he sends me some really weird signals that I don't understand, he's confusing.
"I'm just saying." I say.
"So you're doubting my skills?" He asks me in a cocky tone. Why does he have the need to twitch my words like this? But honestly I do doubt his skills since he can act so unprofessional towards me right now.
"Maybe we should talk about my salary since that's what I asked you about." I say and he starts chuckling in this arrogant way again. Temper Amelia, control your temper!
"We will as soon as you answer the question I just asked you." He says.
"I'm not in the position to judge your skills." I say.
"Meaning?"
"What I just said." I say.
"So what makes you doubt my skills?" He asks me already figuring out what my opinion is. I've had enough of this! I can easily find another job and I don't have to stand here listening to his fucking bullshit so I get up from my chair.
"I'm outta here." I say and walk towards the door.
"Yeah I've heard you have a bit of a temper." He chuckles behind me. His words makes me stop and turn around to look at him, where has he heard that from?
"From who have you heard that?" I ask him.
"Sit down and then we can talk." Dan says.
"No tell me who you've been talking to!" I raise my voice at him.
"I've just made some calls around and talked with people at your previous work places." He says.
"So you've talked to Kevin?" I ask him.
"Also Kevin but he only had good things to say about you." He says. It surprises me that Kevin actually has said nice things about me, he actually had the opportunity to ruin something for me again but he didn't, it just proves to me that he meant what he said, when he said that he was done with this feud.
"Why do you have the need to do some digging about me?" I ask him.
"Because I considered offering you a higher position but I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't regret it." He tells me. He wanted to offer me a higher position? I guess I'm not gonna get that one now.
"So I guess you came to that conclusion that you would regret it if you did." I say.
"No." He says. No? I just stand there and look at him, I have no idea what to say and I just wait for him to speak. "Would you mind sit down so we can talk?" He then offers me.
"Are you gonna stop being a dick?" I ask him. Even though that he wants to offer me a higher position then it still doesn't mean that I will stand for his way to behave.
"Are you gonna stop being a bitch?" He asks with a smirk on his face. I give him a dead glare, you should just walk out Amelia, you're never gonna get along with him, just face it. "I can offer you a really great position, will you just sit down?" Dan asks me when I just stand there and give him a dead glare.
"A really great position doesn't include those work hours." I say. At this point I really don't care if he gets offended because I'm not gonna lay on my back for him when he acts like that.
"If you sit down, we could get a chance to discuss that." He says. I could just listen what he has to say and if it isn't something that pleases me then I could just leave so I sit down. "What would you say to stand for the account and plan the employees work schedules?" He asks me. It was basically what I did when I owned the clubs with Kevin, that's why I don't think he can make it on his own because he always had me to do all the practical things.
"Maybe." I just say because it depends on how much he has in mind to pay me.
"What if you have a salary on 63.000$ a year?" He asks me. I know it's a lot more than I expected to get because I just asked for a job as a bartender, but that salary is nothing compared to what I use to get.
"I know you can make me a better offer than that." I say and I can see that he's surprised that I would say that. I know that this club is doing very well, it was actually one of my biggest competitions when I owned the clubs so I know that he can make me a better offer, plus it's hard work to be an accountant and plan the employees work schedules, it's a lot of paperwork.
"I could just give you a low paid job as a bartender then." He says in a cocky tone.
"And I could just leave, trust me I have a lot of options with my skills." I say even though I don't have a lot of options right now, this is the only job I've searched.
"72.000$" He offers.
"What about the work hours?" I ask him.
"Friday and Saturday from 10pm-7am, where you would work as a bartender and then you'll get the office down the hall to use whenever you like." He says.
"Every Friday and Saturday?" I ask him. If that's the case then I'll never get any free time in the weekends.
"Yes."
"So you want me to be your accountant but also your bartender every damn weekend? I wouldn't have a life then and I actually got a boyfriend and friends I need to socialize with as well." I say.
"What about every second weekend?" He asks me.
"Deal." I say and I see that annoying smirk come on his face again.
"Not that it concerns me but didn't you say that you and Kevin broke up and that's why you signed the clubs over to him?" He asks. You're right, it doesn't concern you.
"Yes, how come you ask?" I ask him getting a little curious after all.
"It's just you told me that you have a boyfriend." He says.
"Because I have." I say.
"Which isn't Kevin?" He asks me. Why the fuck is he so curious?
"Yes." I say in hope that it's enough informations for him.
"So is it Eminem?" He asks me. I try really hard not to let his question effect me in any way so he doesn't suspect anything.
"No, why would you ask that?" I ask him.
"I read magazines too." He just says and I get really confused. Does he refer to the magazine Kevin laid in front of me that day it all went down the hill for us or have they wrote a new article?
"Me and Marshall are just friends." I try to convince him.
"But you used to date when you were younger?" He asks me.
"Yes but I don't see why that's important, I would prefer to keep my personal life separated from my work." I say.
"Of course." He says.
"Can I get to work now?" I ask him. I really just wanna get to work and not spend another second talking with him.
"Sure." He says and stand up. We go downstairs and he begins to inform me about everything so I know what his routines are and so on.

When the club opens I begin to work, I actually love to be a bartender as long as it's not full time but sometimes it's really fun. Tonight I work with Casey, Thomas and Jon and they seem really nice.
Maybe it's a good thing to get a fresh start.