Chapter 73 Home to New York

Two weeks has gone by since the court case and me and Marshall are doing really good, like really really good. We have been having a good time with the kids and Kim has even been here with the kids and it all just functions. I think Kim is feeling better about me and Marshall being together than she did just a few weeks back and it's just nice. It's nice that I don't have to feel intimidated by her and I don't have to be careful about what I say around her. Meanwhile we have also been celebrating my birthday and Marshall really spoiled me with new things, like jewelries, clothes, shoes and a new phone. Even though I don't like that he buys expensive gifts for me then I wouldn't argue with him about it, because it was my birthday and I told him that I only wanted gifts from him on special occasions.

Marshall walks into the living room while he hangs up the phone, I know that it's something business related. He told me yesterday that he needed to go back to work again because things are getting a little crazy in the camp lately. Apparently something goes down with his new artist 50 cent and some other rapper Ja Rule.
"Baby I need to fly to New York tomorrow." He says as he sits down the couch next to me.
"Okay." I say smiling. I appreciate all this time we've had together lately and I understand that he needs to go back to work.
"You can stay here in the house if you want." He offers but I don't wanna do that as I need to get back to New York soon anyways and find myself a job.
"Thanks, but I need to go home. I know that Rachel misses me and I also need to find a job." I explain as I snuggle myself into him. Rachel has been asking me a lot lately when I'm coming home, I really miss her too so I wanna go home.
"Then you can fly with me tomorrow." He says and kisses the top of my head.
"How long are you gonna stay in New York?" I ask.
"3 days and then I fly to LA." He explains. "How long are you gonna stay in New York?" How long I'm gonna stay? I look up at him with a confused look. I'm not quite sure what he means. Is he asking when I'm coming back? Is he asking how long I'm planing to live there?
"What do you mean?" I ask him.
"How long are you planing to live there?" He asks. I'm afraid to answer because I don't want it to lead into an argument.
"Until I get my shit together." I say.
"Your shit?" He frowns.
"I need to try to stand on my own two feet." I explain.
"You can do that in Detroit too baby. You can get a job here and get your own place." He says. This is why I didn't wanna say something, this is why I don't wanna talk about it. Marshall doesn't understand that my home is in New York, New York is where I feel home. I can't just pack up my things and leave my friends and Rachel. I think it's sweet that he's so eager to move in with me but he's way too pushy.
"Marshall please.. We've talked about it." I beg.
"I know baby, I'm sorry.. I just.. I guess I just thought it would be nice to have someone to come home to." He explains.
"Eventually you will but we have all the time in the world." I say softly.
"Yeah." He says cracking a smile. There's a moment of silence where we just look at each other. I actually wonder how it's gonna be when he goes on tour, is it gonna be a challenge for us? Can he resist other girls? I trust him but he's still just a man, right? Would I believe him if the press made some story about him and another girl? I should be prepared for anything, Marshall has told me to be prepared for things like that.
"When are you going on tour?" I ask now.
"In June." He says. "Why?"
"I'm just curious." I say. I'm curious about a lot of things. "Have you ever been with the groupies during your tours?"
"I'm a man." He chuckles with a silly boyish smile. Of course Marshall has been that and I know it was a stupid question. Marshall loves pussy and that's why I'm gonna have my doubts.
"Also when you were with Kim?" I ask and Marshall charming boyish smile disappears.
"What do you take me for?" He frowns.
"I know how troubled your relationship was." I say. I mean.. If he didn't trusted her and they had problems then it would be easier to cheat.
"Just because we didn't have the perfect relationship then I would never fucking cheat Amelia. Is it really what you think of me?" He asks. I know he's offended about my questions and my statement.
"I was just asking Marshall." I say as I take his hand in mine.
"Are you doubting me?" He asks.
"No." I lie. We're still early in our relationship so I bet that I'll feel better when he's going on tour, we have a lot of time to built the trust. I haven't seen him for eight years so we kind of have to get to know each other again.
"Then why would you ask?" He's pushing it.
"You just never talk about you and Kim's relationship so I'm just curious." I say which is also true. I don't think he likes to talk about him and Kim's relationship but he has to eventually, he has to talk about it or else I won't understand why he reacts to certain things like the way he does.
"There isn't much to talk about." He says.
"I think there is." I say.
"You know what you need to know, there isn't much more to it." He says. I lay down on the couch with my head in his lap and I look up at him. I need to let it go for now.
"Okay." I say smiling.
"Are you gonna call Rachel and tell her that you're coming home tomorrow?" He asks as his fingertips begins to run over my hip.
"No I wanna surprise her." I say smiling. I can just imagine her face when I walk through the door, she's gonna be so happy to have me back.
"Alright." He says. I can really feel how we're getting better to communicate and how much more understandable Marshall is about my choices. When I look at him I get reminded how much I really love him. I can't believe how I could live without him for all these years, but it also makes me realize that a piece of me was missing all those years. Back when I left Detroit I just thought my heart was broken but now I realize it was about so much more. I left a big part of myself back here in Detroit; him. He's a part of me no matter how crazy it sounds.

Next day.

Me and Marshall is finally landed in New York and again we're bothered by a lot of paparazzis like we were in Detroit. They're asking a lot of question and I can't even hear them because they're all talking at the same time. I don't even know why they're trying, they know they don't get an answer.
We get into a limo which is gonna transport us to a hotel where we're gonna be until it's safe for us to get into another limo, which is gonna transport me home and Marshall to his house here in New York.
"I can't believe people can be so fucking nosy." I sigh in the limo.
"Me neither but you gotta get use to it baby." He says and he takes my hand.
"I'm trying." I sigh smiling.
We drive to the hotel and we get leaded down to a basement with private parking where there's two limos for me and Marshall. Me and Marshall share a long kiss because we now have to split.
"Call me tonight." I say.
"You know I will baby." He says and kisses me again. It's like it's so hard for us to say goodbye every time because we're not sure when we're gonna see each other again. "I'm gonna stop by if I get some time but I can't promise you anything baby." I know he's schedule is very booked.
"Okay." I say and we share one last kiss before we get into each our limo.
There's about an hour driving to the house so I'm so excited when I finally get there. I walk through the front door and I hear voices in the kitchen, I can hear a man's voice as well. Who can it be? I walk out to the kitchen and I see Rachel talking with a man, a man I know. I haven't seen this man in many years but I recognize him right away... The man is my dad.