Chapter 25 I don't want your help

I have no idea for how long I've been sitting here now, all I know is that I'm beyond pissed because Kevin covered his tracks well so it makes me look like the psycho ex girlfriend. Right now I just sit here waiting to get permission to make a phone call, I really need Marshall right now and I just want him to get me out of this mess. I know they're gonna charge me for throwing those glasses at Kevin which probably not wasn't the smartest idea but I was angry. Even though I don't wanna admit it I kinda need Marshall's money to bail me out and get me out of this mess, I know he's happily gonna do it but I don't like that I have to beg him for money.
I hate the position I've got myself in, I wouldn't have done anything different but it's strange to lose everything in 2 days, never have I ever thought that Kevin could be this cruel which makes me even more happy with my decision, I can't believe that I almost married this man who's apparently satan himself.

An officer comes in and I look at him, please tell me I can make a phone call!
"You can make your phone call now miss Dane." The officer tells me and he leads me to the phone. I dial Marshall's number and I'm relieved when I hear his voice.

"Hello?" He says.
"Marshall, it's me." I say.
"Amelia? I've been trying to call you. Who's number are calling from?"
"I'm calling from the police station." I cry. "I did something stupid."
"What did you do baby?" Marshall sighs because he knows my temper.
"I just need you to bail me out and get me a lawyer." I cry and I can barely breathe.
"Hey.. Relax baby Imma come get you, alright? You don't need to worry, everything is gonna be alright."  Marshall tries to calm me down.

I give Marshall all the information so he can pick me up. As I wait for Marshall I think about what to do with my future, I have no place to live and I have no job. A job is easy for me to get but a place to live in a month, well that's a challenge. I hate that I've put Rachel in this position and somehow dragged her down with me, but how could I predict that Kevin would do this to me? I knew Kevin would be hurt, I knew he would force me sign over the clubs somehow but I never thought he would rob me like this. I knew it was a bad idea to show up at the club and I don't know what I thought I would get out of it but it felt good to get my anger out, now I just have a court case over my head because I lost my temper. I hate that I have to ask Marshall for help even though I know he doesn't mind, I wanna be independent but I just can't right now because of what Kevin has done to me.

Finally Marshall picks me up at the station and I'm so happy to see him, the officers tells me that I can't leave the state and I'm gonna hear from them. Marshall takes me to the car and he has made sure that his hoodie covers his face so no one will recognize him. We get into the car and I'm so exhausted, I fucking hate Kevin and right now I have a hard time remembering what I ever saw in him.
"So do you mind telling me what happened?" Marshall asks me when we've been driving for a little bit.
"I discovered today that Kevin has closed all my credit cards and removed my money to another account, so I went down at the club to confront him but instead I lost my temper at him." I explain.
"What did you do?" Marshall asks me.
"I threw glasses at him." I say and my voice shakes because I know this can have big consequences for me.
"Didn't you tell the police what he did with your money?" He asks me.
"Yes but Kevin has covered up his tracks pretty well so there's no proves so now I just look like the crazy ex girlfriend." I say and Marshall doesn't say anything, what is there to say anyways? "I'm really sorry that you had to bail me out, I'm gonna pay you as soon as I find a job." I apologize.
"Yo look at me." Marshall says as he lays his hand on my thigh. I look at him. "You don't need to apologize or think about those money, I'll take care of you baby, you know that." He says and look at the road again.
"I know but I don't want you to pay for me." I say.
"Get use to it because you're my girl now and if you want the world then Imma give it to you." He says and I don't even doubt for a minute that he means it.
"I just want you." I say and I see him smile but he still has his eyes on the road.
"I'm all yours baby." He then says and rub my thigh. My whole body tickles from his words, he's all mine! It's so crazy that we meet each other after 8 years and our love for each other haven't changed a bit, even though I know that our relationship is gonna be a challenge then I'm really looking forward to the ride.
"Do you know how much I love you?" I then ask him and my words makes him chuckle as he looks at my shortly before his eyes returns to the road.
"Tell me." He says.
"I love you so much that it makes me crazy, when I look at you I can't even deal with the sensation running through my body, it's so intense and I just can't stand being in my own body lately because I feel I'm going crazy with all these feelings inside me." I admit which makes his smile grow even bigger.
"How the fuck did I ever deserve a perfect girl like you?" He then asks me and intertwine our fingers.
"I could ask you the same thing." I say and I feel him squeezing my hand. "Where are we going? I need to pick up my car." I say remembering it's still parked in front of the club.
"Now?" He asks me.
"Yeah before he steals it as well." I say and Marshall turns the car around. I'm really worried about Kevin's next move right now, should I play his games? I mean, I haven't signed over the clubs yet but I know that if I don't do that then he's gonna sell a story to some magazine about me and Marshall.
"Tomorrow is my last day in New York." Marshall then says.
"I know." I say sadly.
"You know I won't be back before after New Years right?" He asks me.
"I know." I say again.
"So I really think you should consider finding a new place to live either today or tomorrow, it'll be on me." He says.
"That's very sweet Marshall but I've already said no." I say.
"So what are you gonna do, huh? You're gonna live on the street? It ain't gonna happen Amelia." He says angrily.
"Marshall.." I try to speak but he cuts me off while he lets go of my hand.
"I'm just tryna help you here god dammit! Why the fuck won't you let me man?" He asks me more frustrated than angry this time. I'm not gonna lie, I could really use his offer right now but I won't have him getting the impression that I'm just gonna use his money, I want to prove to him that I still want him for him and not his money.
"Because it's your money." I tell him.
"Exactly, it's my money so I decide how I wanna use them and if I wanna use them on you then it's my choice!"
"I'm not gonna take your money Marshall and that's the end of it." I say in a very serious tone. I don't wanna argue over this anymore and I wanna make that clear. We don't speak all the way to the club but when we get there my car is still there and I'm so relieved.
"Where are you gonna go now?" Marshall asks me coldly.
"Home."
"Can I come with you?" He asks.
"Sure." I say and look at him, I know he's angry with me and I don't like that. "Please don't be angry with me." I say and give him a short kiss.
"I'm not angry with you Amelia, it just pisses me off that you won't let me help you because you have to be so fucking stubborn." He says.
"Let's talk about it when we get home." I say and kiss him a final time before I get out of the car. I get into my own car and Marshall follows my lead to my house and as we get inside Rachel meets me at in the hallway.
"Where have you been? I've called you and your phone went straight to voicemail." She says and then she looks at Marshall. "Hi honey." She says to him and give him a hug.
"Hi Rachel." He chuckles and Rachel now looks at me again searching for answers.
"I got arrested." I say and her eyes widens.
"You what?" She asks me angrily. Isn't it crazy that no matter how old you get then your mom is always gonna treat you like a child? I know Rachel isn't my mom but she kinda is somehow.
"Kevin closed all my accounts yesterday  and therefore I have no money so I went to the club to talk to him but instead I lost my temper and the police arrested me." I tell her going past her out to the kitchen.
"Oh god Amelia what did you do?" I hear Rachel sighs behind me.
"I just threw some glasses at him and I only hit him twice." I say like it's nothing.
"Didn't you tell the police about what he did?" She asks.
"Yeah but apparently he covered his tracks pretty well and now I just look like the crazy ass ex girlfriend." I say and lift myself up on the counter.
"So what are we gonna do honey? You're broke and we have to find a new place to live." She reminds me.
"I'm gonna figure something out." I say.
"And how exactly are you gonna do that when you won't let me help you?" Marshall then asks me which makes me give him a irritated look.
"Marshall stop." I warn him.
"What is your plan exactly?" Marshall asks me not caring that I just warned him not to argue with me right now.
"I don't fucking know Marshall, all I know is that my plan doesn't include your money!" I raise my voice at him. I have no idea what to do because I have no plan and I don't how to get some easy money without doing it the illegal way which isn't an option either.
"Amelia we don't really have any other options right now." Rachel tells me in a sweet voice.
"I said no!" I say and I look at Marshall, I can tell that he's beyond pissed at me right now but I don't care, how would it look like from the outside that we've been a couple for less than 2 days and he's already buying me a house or something? I would look like the biggest gold digger!
"Don't you see how fucked up you are right now?! You're to proud to receive any money from me, you rather end up on the streets than taking my money, do you think it's fucking fair to drag Rachel down with you because you're too fucking proud?!" Marshall now yells at me.
"How do you think it's gonna look like Marshall?! We haven't even been together for two days and you're already gonna buy me a fucking house! I'd look like a fucking gold digger!" I fire back.
"We've known each other for 10 years or something, you're not gonna look like a gold digger!" He says.
"Yes I am!" I say.
"Fine!" He says and looks at Rachel. "Rachel I wanna buy you a house then." He says to Rachel.
"Thank you Marshall that's very sweet of you." Rachel says.
"You can't do that Marshall." I say.
"Why not? I'm just gonna help out a woman who was always been there to talk to me when I had problems at home." Marshall says. It's true though, Marshall was very close with Rachel when we were younger and he always talked to her when he had problems with Debbie or something else.
I don't say anything, I just get down from the counter and walk straight to my room. I do think it's nice of Marshall trust me, but this isn't just a necklace he's buying, it's a house and it's a big deal.

I lay there on my stomach on my bed for 15 minutes before a hear a silent knock on the door but I don't say anything so I just hear the door opens gently.
"Can I come in?" I hear Marshall's voice but I don't say anything. I hear Marshall close the door behind him before he walks towards the bed and sit down next to me. "I just wanna help you baby." He sighs but I don't answer him, I'm too angry to talk to him right now. "Please talk to me." He begs.
"You're a dick." I mumble into the pillow.
"I don't mind being a dick for helping you out." He says and I feel his fingertips running down my lower back. "I love you." He now says and lay down next to me, when I don't answer him he flips me around on my side and pulls me into his chest. "I said, I love you."
"I love you too." I then say.