Chapter 13 Old friends

"We're here." Marshall says as we have been walking around the cemetery for a while. I now stand in front of Bugz's headstone and it's so surreal because I didn't attend to his funeral, I haven't said my goodbye and it's like I first understand now that he's actually gone. I sit down on the grass with the rose in my hand and my eyes get watery.
"Bugz for fuck sake." I say taking a deep breath before I speak again. "I'm so sorry that I didn't attend to your funeral but I had my demons, you know?" I now begin to cry. "I'm so fucking sorry that I left y'all like that behind but I had too. Bugz I fucking love you. I always knew how to get myself involved in shit and I guess I still do but now I need you to get me out of these troubles, you always did that. When I lost my temper with the wrong person you always saved my ass, I knew I could always count on you and I can't tell you how much I need you." I say before I can't even speak no more because I cry so hard. Marshall lays a hand on my shoulder while he sits down next to me.
"When we found out that you had gone to college I was beyond angry." He says. When did he find out and from who? "Bugz told me that I was a selfish punk for being angry with you cus you just had the opportunity to get a bright future and for me to be angry about that was corny. He always had your back man." He says and I lay my head on his shoulder.
"When did you find out where I were?" I ask him.
"About a year after you left." He says.
"Who told you?" I ask him.
"Lucas." He says. "Kim was pregnant so I guess he knew that I wouldn't try to contact you." He says. We sit for a long time without saying anything.
"I miss him." I say in a low voice.
"Me too man." He says.
We just sit there for 5 minutes more before I lay a rose on his headstone.
"Shall we get going?" I ask Marshall.
"Would you mind if we just visit Ronnie before we leave?" He asks. Marshall has brought me with him to visit Ronnie before, it took about a year or so for him to open up about Ronnie's death and after that he brought me with him a couple of times.
"No of course not." I answer him. We head over to Ronnie's headstone and Marshall squats down in front of the headstone.
"Yo buddy." He says and lays a hand on the headstone. "See who I found man." He chuckles and referring to me. "I know it's been a while since I've been here but I've just been so fucking busy, you know? I'm sure you know man." He says and I just lay my hand on his shoulder and squat down next to him. "I miss you so fucking much Ronnie and you're in my prayers everyday, I just hope you're in a good place now." He says and look at me. "We better get going before some fucking paparazzi catches us." Marshall says and get up, he takes my hand and help me up and then we head to the car.
"Thank you for going with me." I say after a while of driving.
"Your welcome." He says and look at me. "What do you wanna do now?" He asks.
"I haven't eaten all day so I'm really hungry." I say. I haven't eaten because I've been so nervous about this whole thing with Marshall. He now looks at me with frowned brows and I know he's angry about me not eating, I used to have a minor eating disorder when I was younger because of all that shit with James and I know Marshall gets worried as soon as I don't eat.
"Why the fuck haven't you ate?" He asks me.
"Because I've been so nervous about this whole thing with you." I say honestly.
"What would you like to eat?" He asks.
"Sushi." I say.
"Seriously? Sushi?" He asks me with a smirk on his face but also a look which says 'you must me kidding me'.
"Doesn't it please the lord?" I chuckle.
"You know how much I hate that shit." He says.
"You asked what I would like to eat." I remind him.
"You know what?" He asks and looks at me. "You can get whatever you want baby, I'll just eat something else." He says.
"Pussy." I laugh.
"Wasn't what you thought about me earlier." He teases.
"Shut up." I grin and hit his arm.
"Do you mind going in a pick up the food because I really don't wanna be bothered with the fans today?" He asks. Damn I forgot about that again, I just have a really hard time getting use to the fact that he's famous.
"Yeah it's cool." I say. We grab some sushi for me and some tacos for Marshall and then head home.
"Are you still in contact with Tasha?" Marshall asks me while I eat.
"No we slowly lost contact when I moved from Detroit." I say.
"You know that Lucas is fucking her, right?" He asks and my eyes widens. Lucas is single so he can do whatever he wants but that's my old best friend, I would really like to see her again and he can't even bother to tell me that he's screwing her?
"Get out of here!" I say in surprise.
"It's truth." He chuckles.
"For how long?"
"For about 3 months now." He says. I can't believe that Lucas haven't told me, we tell each other everything!
"Maybe I should pay him a visit unexpected tomorrow and hope she's there." I say.
"She always is man." Marshall says. Why the fuck haven't he told me? I wouldn't have been mad at all so I don't get it.
"That would be fucking hilarious." He chuckles.
"I don't get why he would hide it for me." I say.
"Maybe he's not the one who wants to hide it." He says.
"What? You mean you think Tasha is the one who doesn't want me to know?" I ask him.
"Yo I don't know man I was just guessing." He says. I can't see why either Lucas or Tasha won't tell because I don't care if they're fucking around, I actually remember Tasha having a huge crush on Lucas when we were younger, I can't blame her because Lucas is really handsome.
"Is it serious between them?" I ask Marshall.
"I don't know man, Lucas just told me that he was fucking her." Marshall says and I get up from the chair, I can't stay here because it bothers me too much so I have to go to Lucas' apartment.
"I have to go." I say and begin to walk, I hear Marshall get up from his chair but I just keep on walking.
"What the fuck Amelia?" Marshall asks and grabs my wrist and turn me around.
"I'll be back." I assure him. "I just have to go see Lucas." I say.
"What? Now?" He asks with frowned brows.
"Yes or else my mind is gonna be somewhere else." I say.
"How are you planing on going there? You can't just walk out of my house unless you want it on the front page on some news magazine." He says.
"Can't you drive me?" I beg and he sighs deeply.
"You're lucky that I'm crazy about you girl." He says and grabs his keys, I can't help but smile like some kind of idiot from his statement. "What?" He asks me when he sees the big smile on my lips.
"Nothing." I say.
"You're blushing." He laughs.
"Should we get going?" I ask him trying to change the subject, he grabs the back of my neck and pulls me in for a kiss.
"I like when you're blushing over my words." He says.
"That was a one time thing." I grin.
"Yeah right." He chuckles showing me that he doesn't believe me and head out to the car. I'm very quiet in the car because I have no idea what to say if Tasha is there, I already know that Lucas is gonna be pissed with me for bugging him like that, but he use to tell me everything so I think I have the right to.
"You know that Lucas is gonna be pissed about you showing up like this, right? Especially if Tasha is there." Marshall says.
"I know but why would he lie about this? I actually asked him not that long ago if he had Tasha's number because I wanted to visit her now that I was going to Detroit." I say. Maybe Marshall is right.. Maybe it's Tasha who wants to avoid me, but why?
"I get you man, I do.. but still.." He says and I don't say anything. I know that me and Lucas are fine so I wonder why me and Tasha ain't, why is she angry with me?
We arrive to Lucas' apartment.
"Are you coming?" I ask him.
"Nah but call me when you need me to pick you up." He says.
"I will." I say and I get out of the car. I walk slowly up to Lucas' apartment and I knock on the door and not long after Lucas opens the door, I can tell by the look on his face that he's really surprised about seeing me.
"Yo sis. What are you doing here?" He asks.
"I just think I would stop by." I say with a smile.
"Why didn't you call?" He asks.
"I was nearby." I lie. "Can I come in?" I ask him.
"Now is not a good time." He says.
"Because Tasha is here?" I ask hm and he frowns his brows.
"What are you talking about?" He asks and I just push by him even though he fights against it.
"Is she here?" I ask him.
"Is that why you came?" He asks and follows me, then I see Tasha sit on the couch.
"Why hide this for me?" I ask them both. Tasha is staring at me with this bitchy look, why the fuck is she so angry with me? Non of them say anything so I speak again "Maybe I should ask you Tasha because I'm sensing that you're angry with me."
"I just don't need corny bitches in my life." She says coldly.
"Last time I checked we were fine Tasha." I say with an attitude.
"Oh yeah when was the last time you checked on me, huh?" She asks me. What the fuck is her problem?
"Okay if you just explain then I don't have to waste my time." I say bitchy.
"That's exactly why we ain't talking Amelia! You were so fucking busy with your fancy life that you didn't have time for the real friends who had always been there for you!" She says in angry tone.
"What the fuck are you talking about?" I ask her.
"It was always about your clubs and your fancy life with your boyfriend." She says.
"Because that is my fucking life!" I raise my voice. What the fuck is wrong with her? What should I talk about then if I shouldn't talk about my life?
"But you don't give a fuck about your people here in Detroit! It was like a forbidden subject!" She yells.
"What the fuck is wrong with you?! You know exactly what I've been through and you know why I didn't wanted to talk about my good times here!" I yell at her. Almost all my good memories included Marshall and I didn't want to talk about him.
"Yeah whatever Amelia." She says in a bitchy tone.
"I actually asked Lucas about your number because I wanted to see your sorry ass." I say.
"Well you saw me, satisfied?" She asks me. Oh she can be such a bitch and I always loved that about her, but it's no fun when she's a bitch to me.
"You're such a fucking bitch Tasha, seriously." I say walking out of the apartment and Lucas follows me out to the hall.
"Yo Amelia.." He says trying to stop me for leaving but I turn around and look at him.
"No fuck you Lucas, I can't believe that you didn't tell me!" I say.
"Why is it important? We're just fucking." He says. I know that it's more than that or else she wouldn't be here all the time like Marshall told me she is.
"It's kinda strange that she's here all the time if she's just booty call." I say.
"Who told you about us?" Lucas asks and I just stare at him. "Marshall told you, didn't he?" He asks and I still doesn't answer him because he knows. "What the fuck is going on between the two of you?" He asks.
"I would like to share but apparently we don't have that type of bond." I say and leave.