Chapter 53 Telling the girls

Today the girls are coming over again and we have to break the news to them, I'm so fucking nervous about telling them that me and their dad/uncle is a couple. I'm afraid that it will change their view of me, now I'm not just daddy's friend but I'm the woman who prevent their mom and dad to be together again. Marshall told me not to think those thoughts but I can't help it!
The days the girls haven't been here we've.. Do I really need to tell you what we've been up to? I mean.. With the state that Marshall was in for not getting laid in such a long time, I would think that you can figure out for yourself.

It finally rings on the door bell and Marshall opens the door while I keep in the background, I'm still in the view but I'm standing farther down the hallway.
"Hi." Marshall says as he squats down so he can hug the girls. I look up at Kim and I catch her staring at me, like really staring, her eyes are burning right through me so I quickly look down again to see Marshall hugging the girls as Kim still holds Whitney in her arms. Afterwards Hailie and Alaina take me by surprise by running over to me and hug me as well.
"Hi girls." I laugh as I hug them back.
"I've missed you." Alaina says which makes me look at Marshall and he smiles all over his face, I don't even dare to look at Kim because I already know that she ain't gonna give me a nice look.
"I'm glad to see you too." I say as I don't dare to say, that I've missed her too as long as Kim is watching me.
"I think Whitney has a bad stomach or something, because she has had stool like 3 times already." Kim says as she hands over Whitney into Marshall's arms.
"Alright, I'll keep an eye on that." Marshall says and Whitney and Alaina hurry into the living room.
"Can I speak with Amelia alone?" Kim now asks and it feels like my heart just stopped beating. Why does she wanna talk to me? We have nothing to talk about.
"Kim." Marshall sighs. "I don't want any fucking bullshit."
"No, I promise." She says putting her hands up in defense. "You know I won't make a scene with the girls being here." She says and Marshall turns his head to look at me.
"Are you cool with this?" Marshall asks me. NO!
"Of course." I say smiling. What I coward would I be if I said no?
"Alright." He says and kisses me when he walks passed me. I walk over to Kim because there's a lot of distance between us.
"What is it you're doing?" Kim asks me and I look at her confused not knowing what she means. "With you and Marshall?" She then asks as she apparently picked up my confusing.
"I think you know that Kim." I sigh not liking her attitude. Kim walks very close to me, I want to move but that would only show her that I feel intimidated by her, which I do because she's so much taller than me and now she's looking down at me, but I don't wanna show her how she intimidates me.
"If you think that you can come in here and be a part of our family, being their new mother or what you imagined in your stupid head, then I would really think it through if I was you." She says. She's right up in my face and if the kids weren't here then I would have pushed her away, asking her to get out of my fucking face but I can't do that.
"Kim, I'm not trying to replace you or trying to ruin your family, but I am Marshall's girlfriend and you just have to deal with that." I say.
"Do you think you can handle him Amelia?" She asks me with an attitude.
"I do, I always could and you know that." I say. She could never handle him but she's not realistic at all.
"He's not the guy you dated back then Amelia." She grins sarcastically.
"Neither am I the girl he dated back then."
"So you think you can handle his addiction?" She asks. Addiction? What addiction? I know that he smokes some weed and he do some drugs on tour but that's not an addiction.
"What are you talking about?" I ask her.
"You're living in that fairytale still, aren't you?" She asks. "He's a drug addict Amelia." She says. Drug addict? No.. No way.. He's not.. I would have noticed, wouldn't I?
"This conversation is over." I say as I begin to walk away but Kim grabs my arm.
"You think you know him still? He has changed a lot during the years. He's become a father, he's some fucking superstar now, so if you think for one minute that you can handle the new Marshall, then you're fucking wrong." She says.
"Just because you couldn't handle him Kim then it doesn't mean that I can't." I say as I look her dead in the eyes. "Let's face it, you could never handle him."
"My god, why am I even trying? You've always been so fucking blind, it's unbelievable that you could even graduate being this stupid." Kim says. How I fucking wish that the kids weren't here because then I would have smashed her face into the fucking wall.
"At least I graduated." I say as I walk into the living room. I see Marshall sitting on the couch talking with the girls when I enter the room, Marshall just looks at me and offers me a little smile.
"Bye girls." Kim then says right behind me and the girls run over to Kim. "Mommy loves you." I hear her say behind me. She then walks over to Marshall who sits with Whitney in his lap and she kisses Whitney on the forehead. "Bye baby." She says and then she walks out.
When I hear the door shut I then walk over and sit down on the couch, the girls begin to tell about what they've been up to the past 2 days. Unfortunately I'm not really listening because I can't stop thinking about what Kim said, is he really a drug addict? I don't think I can handle it if he is. I can't be that blind, I can't be so over the top in love with him that I can't see that he has an addiction, can I?