Chapter 7 Reunited with Detroit

1 month later

Marshall has finally stopped texting me about a week ago so I've been more relaxed lately. I've constantly been worried about Kevin seeing something on my phone that he shouldn't, so now I can finally relax. Me and Melissa stand in one of the bars and getting ready for work as Kevin walks towards us.
"How would you feel about working at the club in Detroit this weekend and during the next week?" He asks.
"Both of us?" I ask. Either way I wouldn't feel good about working in Detroit, I haven't been in that city for 8 years and I'm still not ready.
"Yes." Kevin answers.
"But why?" I ask getting a little curious.
"Eminem booked the club." He answers. Of course he fucking did! How could I even be stupid enough to ask? This is once again one of Marshall desperate moves.
"Then why do we have to be there?" Melissa asks.
"Because I don't trust the crew in Detroit to handle them well enough." Kevin says. "It's only for the week and during the next week, it would be a good opportunity to see how things are going there." Kevin says.
"Kevin you know how I feel about going back there." I say. I'm a little hurt that he would even ask when he knows my history.
"Baby you just have to work.. nothing else." Kevin says. "Besides Eminem requested you guys. Gotta keep a costumer happy." He says. I fucking knew it! I'm gonna break Marshall's neck!
"Fine." I surrender knowing that I have no other choice. "But why do we have to stay the whole week?" I ask.
"Like I said.. We need to see how things are going there." He says.
"Okay then." I say with a little smile. I'm far from comfortable about this and I'm already nervous because we're gonna fly off tomorrow so I have no time to prepare myself mentally for this.
"Then you can get the chance to see Lucas as well." Kevin says and kisses me. It's the only good thing about this but else it's gonna be a week with haunted memories.
"You're right." I say smiling.
"Are you good here?" Kevin asks. "Because I gotta leave for a meeting."
"Yes we're good." I say and kiss him.
"This is bad." Melissa says when Kevin has left.
"I'm gonna whip that motherfucker's ass." I mumble as I fill more liquor in the bar. "My stomach is twisting as the thought about going back to that city." I say.
"Are you gonna visit your aunt?" Melissa asks.
"No way." I say. I'm no near ready for visiting that house and I'm definitely not ready to confront James.
I pull my phone out of my pocket and start texting Marshall, I'm so fucking angry with him! He knows what I've been through so how can he even do this to me?

To M (9.06pm)
Well played Marshall. This doesn't mean that we're gonna talk! In fact this is all business so you don't pull be to the side or anything because I refuse to talk to you.

M (9:12pm)
I almost thought your phone didn't work. Btw remember it was you who told me to rent the VIP.

Oh he's provoking me right now.

Reply to M (9:15pm)
But you told Kevin that you wanted me and Melissa to serve you.

M (9:20pm)
So? I think you have some unfinished business in Detroit. See you on Saturday

I don't even wanna answer that.

After work I go home and pack so I don't have to think about it the next day. Friday at 4:15pm we fly off to Detroit and Lucas is picking us up at the airport and as I see Lucas I run into his arms. I don't see Lucas often in fact I've only seen him 5 times since I moved from Detroit.
"I've missed you brow!" I say in a cheerily voice.
"I've missed you too sis." He chuckles. Lucas says hi to Melissa and we head to the car. We talk a little in the car before things begin to get serious. "Yo I don't wanna pry but things are pretty bad at home." Lucas says.
"What do you mean?" I ask him.
"They don't have much money and dad is blaming Rachel.. You know since she could pay for your college and shit." Lucas explains and I look out the window not knowing what to say. Lucas knows that I don't like to go back there because I didn't get along with James, even though he doesn't know what he really did to me then he understands that I don't wanna go back to that place. "I know dad put you through shit Amelia but she's your aunt." He says. See.. If Lucas really knew the reason why I don't wanna go back there then he would never ask me to go back there, so I don't blame him.
"I'll think about it." I say without looking at him.