Chapter 5 Cheating

Pray for Paris! My heart bleeds for all the people in France right now <3

I wake up and Kevin is not in the bed. I'm so exhausted and I can't stop thinking about last night, I don't get Marshall and his mood swings, I remember he had them when we were younger but not like that. Since he has walked into my life again I can't stop thinking about him and it's bad, I'm engaged with Kevin and I'm gonna marry him, but right now I feel like the worse girlfriend in the world for keeping secrets for him and keep thinking about another man. I put some on baggy pants and I'm wearing a big t-shirt which I sleep in every night, the same t-shirt I've slept in for the past 8 years, Marshall's t-shirt.. I walk out in the living room and I spot Kevin on the couch reading the paper. I walk towards Kevin and he looks up and puts the paper down.
"Good morning baby." He says pulling me down to his lab. "How did things go last night?"
"Fine." I lie. Kevin picks up the paper again and we start reading it together, or I don't know how much I actually read because there's like 1000 of thoughts running through my mind right now. I'm so nervous about going to the studio because I can't handle if Marshall picks a fight with me again, but for now I have to figure out how to handle this situation with me giving Melissa a day off. "We have to find someone who can cover Melissa's shift tonight." I say.
"Why?" Kevin mumbles still concentrated on the paper.
"I gave her at day off." I tell him and Kevin puts the paper down.
"You what?" He asks and I can now feel his eyes on me so I turn myself a little bit so I can look at him.
"I need her today because I'm planing on going out and picking up some ideas for the weeding." I lie because if it's about our wedding then maybe it'll ease him up a little bit?
"You can't just give her a day off because you need her as a friend, you have to separate business and friendship." He says. I hate when he gets bossy with me! I'm the boss too and if I want to give Melissa a day off because I need her, then I have every right to do that. I get up from his lap and stand up so I can look at him.
"It's my club too, my employers!" I say.
"But what do you think the other employers would think when Melissa gets a day off because she's your best friend?" He asks me.
"They ain't gonna know and it's not something which gonna happen often so chill the fuck out!" I raise my voice at him. Don't misunderstand me, I love Kevin but holy shit when he's about his business I just wanna hit him.
"You know what Amelia?" He asks as he gets up. "Do what you want." And with those words he heads to his office. Fuck him! I begin to get ready and I wanna look extra good today so I put on some dark tight jeans, white high heel boots, a white top and a black leather jacket, I put on some makeup and put my hair into a bun. I head out of the door without even saying goodbye to Kevin and I get into the car. When I pick Melissa up she looks gorgeous, she's wearing a cute red dress, some black pumps and a black leather jacket, she has curled her blond hair and she just looks freaking hot.
"You look good!" I say as she gets into the car and a smile comes across her face and she looks at me.
"Not as good as you honey!" She says. "I fucking love your jacket." She says and we begin to drive and Melissa speaks again "So how did Kevin react when you told him that you gave me a day off?" I immediately roll my eyes.
"He's acting like a fucking idiot." I sigh.
"You knew he would me angry." She says.
"Yeah and I love my fiancé Kevin but boy do I hate the boss Kevin." I say.
"We all hate the boss Kevin." Melissa laughs. Actually this is why I always wanted my own club because I'm not good at people being bossy with me, I know that it is my club but it's also Kevin's club and he has his way of running things and I have mine, sometimes we're good at compromise things and sometimes we just can't seem to agree.
Me and Melissa go for shopping for a couple of hours, I love spending time with Melissa because I don't have to act so fucking mature, I know I'm 26 but I've always hated being an adult in so many ways and that's why I enjoy being with Melissa because she feels the same way. Don't misunderstand me it's not like we go around acting like kids but it can be things like singing loud to the music in the car, randomly dancing in public, acting like fools, making funny voice and all that stuff, it's things I still enjoy to do and Melissa is exactly like me.
"So let's talk about Marshall." She says as we look at clothes. I'm still angry at Marshall and I really hope he will leave me alone today, it would make things easier because he's really fucking with my mind.
"Do I have to?" I whine in a child voice.
"Come on I know you're angry at him but that's only because you have some strong feelings for him." She says.
"Yeah and that's why I need to stay away from him because I won't let him ruin my weeding." I say.
"If he can ruin your wedding or change your feelings about Kevin in anyway then you probably don't love Kevin as much as you thought you did." She says. Has my feelings changed about Kevin? No I still love him just as much but I also feel something for Marshall and that's bad.
"My feelings haven't changed." I assure her.