Chapter 21

Kevin's POV

Vanessa has been throwing up since Saturday and today is Monday, I'm starting to get worried. I don't know if she has the stomach virus or if it could be something else. I know it has only been a week but I'm hopeful we might be getting some good news. I don't want to bring it up because I know that even though we decided we were ready to be parents we didn't think it could possibly happen this soon. I stand outside the bathroom and I hear her throwing up again I try to open the door but it's locked so I just stand and wait on her to come out of the bathroom.

Vanessa's POV

I lean my head against the toilet man this stomach virus is killing me, I didn't think it could last for two days. I'm so sick of throwing up I'm hoping that maybe someone will go ahead and shoot me just to put me out of my misery. I notice the looks that Kevin keeps giving me every time I run to the bathroom and I know exactly what he is thinking I know that he is hoping that it has already worked. I've never heard of anyone getting pregnant just trying for one week I know every now and then there was that one time miracle where you had sex once and bam the magic was worked. I feel my phone in my pocket I pull it out and dial Mallory's number hoping that she will answer because she has another date with Grant tonight.

Mallory's POV

I'm standing in front of my closet looking for something to wear and so far it isn't going so well should I dress up again or should I just wear jeans and some kind of top. I hear my phone ringing I walk over to the bed and throw some clothes in the floor so I can find it I move a shirt and answer "Hello?" "Hey I need to ask you something?" "Okay how can I help?" "I think I'm pregnant." I'm silent for a minute hating to bust her bubble but I know I might have to anyway "It's only been a week I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that fast." "Yeah I know that's what I'm thinking." Then I stop and drop a shirt down on the bed because there is a way that Vanessa might be right "Ness how long has Kevin been home?" "What do you mean?" "From when he was gone for a few days how long has he been home?" "Um he's been home for a little over a month now why?" "Okay and the night he got home did the two of you, do the thing?" She's silent for a few minutes then I hear her gasp "We did, so I might be right?" "I'm not a doctor but I'm saying there is a good chance you could be right, but to be safe don't tell Kevin yet go to a doctor in the morning and find out." "Will you go with me?" She was one of my best friends and I knew I couldn't say no to her "Yeah I'll go with you." "Thank you." I hear a click as Vanessa hangs up and I go back to looking for something to wear on my second date with Grant.

Grant's POV

I have tonight all planned out, it's the second date and I'm taking her to a dance club, I was a tap dancer as a kid and it is something that I love to do now. I keep thinking of things that might go wrong what if I step on her feet, what if she steps on mine, what if she can't dance. I take a deep breath and try to calm myself down I look down at my phone, then take one last look in the mirror and walk out of the house to go pick her up.

Mallory's POV

When we get to the club, I see bodies' grinding on each other and the dance floor is tight and there is very little room but when I hear the first few chords of the song I know I won't be able to stop myself. The song that just started playing is Tonight I'm loving you by Enrique Iglesias I have loved this song for a very long time and the beat to the music I can feel through the floor. I feel a hand on my waist and Grant's husky voice whisper in my ear "How about a dance babe?"

WHILE THEY ARE DANCING

Grant-(Pulls her to him)

Mallory-(Puts her arms around his neck and runs her hand through his hair)

Grant-(Holds her hips)

Mallory-(Moves her hips then grinds against him)

Grant-(turns her around and dips her to where her hair hits the floor)

Mallory-(Raises up slowly and kisses his throat)

Grant-(Runs his lips down her neck)

Mallory-(Runs her hand down his shoulders)

Grant-(Spins her around)

Mallory-(Puts her face close to his)

Grant-(Brushes his lips against hers)

Me-(Runs my hand down the front of his shirt)

Grant-(Pulls her leg up and puts it around his waist)

Mallory-(Unbuttons his first button)

Grant-(Starts grinding against her)

Mallory-(Grinds against him)

Grant-(Puts his hand on her neck and kisses her)

Mallory-(Kisses back)

Grant-(Pulls her up close to his face)

Mallory-(Panting softly)

Grant-(Looks at her)

Vanessa's POV

The next morning I open the door to see Mallory standing there wearing her big black sunglasses she only does this after she has had a few drinks then I see the spot on her neck I lean in and look closer "Grant give you a hickey didn't he?" She puts her hand over the hickey then hands me a brown paper bag" I'm here for you not me what you do is take the test then wait for five minutes." We both walk upstairs and she lays on the bed while I walk in the bathroom I do what they instructions say then walk out of the bathroom and sit on the bed. "So what happened to you last night?" "We um went dancing." "That's it you went dancing." She pulls off her sunglasses "It was so hot it was like doing it on the dance floor it was exactly what I wanted." I cover my ears "I don't want to hear." A few minutes later we both hear the timer ding I look over at her "I can go look for you if you want." "No I can do this." I walk in the bathroom pick up the instructions and then look at the test only to see the positive sign on the screen.