Chapter 61

Grant's POV

I'm sitting on my couch with the TV playing but I'm not paying any attention to what's on I keep glancing at my phone wanting to pick it up and call her but I was with her last night and the biggest part of today and I don't want to bother in case she is busy with something else plus earlier I had thought of something that I really wanted to ask but I didn't know if she would want to. We could move in together it had been close four months but a part of me thought it was too soon for that. I turn off the TV and sit in silence I lean forward and run my hands through my hair I look at my watch and see that is only six at night I groan then lean my head back against the wall knowing that tonight was going to be a very long night.

Vanessa's POV

After spending hours at the shelter Kevin and I finally agree on a dog and we end up bringing home a Belgian Malinois puppy that Kevin adored and after he asked the worker some questions and he was told about how they were good guard dogs when they got older and after that Kevin just had to have him I wasn't going to admit it but the puppy was really cute, we just hadn't thought of a name for him yet. While we are driving home I glance back at the puppy in the back seat and is curled up in a little ball asleep. Kevin reaches over and holds my hand and I look over at him "You love him and you know it." I roll my eyes and sigh "He is pretty cute." "We just need to think of a name for him." "After we name the dog we need to start talking about baby names too Kev." "Shouldn't we wait until next week to see what we are having?" "It wouldn't hurt to think about names at least Kev." "Yeah you're right Ness."

Mallory's POV

There are only so many movies and TV shows you can watch without eventually getting a bored so when the movie ends I reach over and cut the TV off then Hades walks over to me and wags his tail I reach over and start rubbing the spot on his head between his ears and he leans his full weight against my legs then I start scratching the side of his neck, I look in his big golden eyes and I start talking to him even though he probably doesn't understand a word I say. "I'm so bored and it's going to be a long night boy." He keeps wagging his tail and looking up at me and I keep talking to him "We should do something and have some fun what do you say?" I think he disagrees because makes a noise then walks over to his bed and curls up then goes to sleep. I lie on the couch and look at the clock above the TV and see that it is only a little after seven I sigh then start starring up at my ceiling this doesn't last long because I sit back up and reach for my phone and dial the first number I come across.

Kevin's POV

We walk in the house and sit the new addition down in the floor and watch as he starts running through the house checking everything out, Vanessa's phone starts ringing and she pulls it out and answers her phone then walks in the kitchen and a few minutes later I follow her to see her hanging up I walk over and sit in front of her "How about pizza tonight we haven't done that in a while?" "Sure sounds good you might want to get two though." "Why am I ordering two pizzas Ness?" "Mal called asking if she could come hang out for a little while." "Two pizzas it is then." I dial the pizza place and order the two pizzas and get ready for Mallory to come visit us then I start walking through the house to find our furry bundle of joy. When I finally find him in the living room I pick him then walk in the kitchen and put him in the floor and pour a bowl of puppy food and Vanessa looks at me "So got a name for him?" "I do actually his name is Blade." Then we hear a knock on the door and Blade runs to it full speed barking and I walk over and open the door to see Mallory standing there. "Hi there cutie." "Um Hi Mal nice to see you too." "Not you Kev the puppy." She bends down and starts rubbing his belly and he rolls over for her "No don't do that he's supposed to be a guard dog." "Oh I'm terrified of him Kevin I'm shaking I really am."