Chapter 22

Mallory's POV

Vanessa walks out of the bathroom with the test in her hand and I sit up on the bed "So what does it say?" "I'm pregnant." I walk over and hug her "I'm happy for you I'm going to head back home and make sure you tell me how Kevin reacts." I hug her one more time and put my sunglasses back on walk out of the house get in my car and go home.

Kevin's POV

That night when I walk in the house I go in the kitchen and see that Vanessa has cooked I see the steaks and vegetables already on the table, on the days where we aren't really busy we will stay in and cook I walks over and wrap my arms around her waist "What's the occasion?" "There isn't one I'm just in a really good mood." After we eat I'm full and I don't think I will be able to eat anything else until she stands up "I baked cake I'll be right back." A few minutes later she walks back in with the cake and sits it down "How about you go ahead and cut a piece?" I pick up a knife and stop when I read the cakes written in icing are the words I'm pregnant I look at Vanessa and she is holding the test in her hand. I walk over and kiss her then pull away "I get to be a daddy?" "Yes." I pull her in for a tight hug then let my hands wonder down to her abdomen and I put my hands there.

Mallory's POV

It's been three days since my second date with Grant and he hasn't called and I haven't called to tell Vanessa I figured her and Kevin would both want to have time together to take in the fact that in nine months they were going to be parents. I make another loop through my house walking in all the rooms and all that my dog was doing was lying in his bed sleeping. I could put up my Christmas tree but that would only keep my mind occupied for so long I walk to my hall closet and start pulling out boxes and dragging them into the living room. I turn on some music and begin putting up my tree I'm halfway done when I hear a knock on the door. I walk over and open it and its him after three days of basically ignoring me Grant shows up at my house. "Um can we talk?" I knew this was going to happen most of the time when you hear these words it can only lead to trouble "Yeah sure come on in."

Grant's POV

I can tell that she is mad at me and she has every right to be I haven't called her for three days or asked her out again. The truth is all I have been thinking about for the past few days is the way that we danced, the way her body felt against mine her lips going down my throat, the way my heart started beating faster when she unbuttoned the top of my shirt and I kept thinking of the way that we kissed. Did the music get to us or was there just that much chemistry between the two of us. I follow her into her living room where she starts putting ornaments on her Christmas Tree. "Look I'm sorry I haven't called you or anything like that I've had a lot on my mind for the past few days." "I'm sure you have." "I've been thinking and I don't know if it was just the music that got to us or what but I need to know if I went too far the other night." "I wasn't stopping you and I really enjoyed it." She had a good time and she liked it I start thinking about a few of the things we did while we were dancing, like the grinding and touching. "Do you want to go out again?" "What are you planning?" "Well maybe I could come back here and we could do like a movie kind of thing?" "I'd like that." "Good I'll be back at seven, nice tree by the way." I get up and walk back out of the house and get in my car to go home.