Chapter 36

Mallory's POV

We are walking through the dress store and I'm following Vanessa while she looks for a dress I haven't really found anything that has caught my eye yet but then again I'm not really wanting to go to this prom thing anyway while she is looking at one dress "So what happened last night with you and Grant?" "We ate dinner and then we were on his couch together and I started getting sleepy and we went to bed and I fell asleep on his chest." "Aww that is so cute has he asked you to be his girlfriend yet?" I shake my head "No not yet." Vanessa picks up a dress and holds it up and looks at it "I really like that one you should try it on." "I'm pretty sure Grant will ask you soon or you could ask him to be your boyfriend." "Yeah I will let him ask me but go on and try on your dress." Vanessa takes the dress then she walks in the dressing room and I keep walking around the store and I find a dress that I love from the moment I see it. I pick it up and look it it's really long and it is my favorite color I wait until Vanessa gets out before I decide to go try on my dress. I'm standing there with my dress when Vanessa walks out "What do you think?" "You should go with it I'm sure Kevin will love it." "Are you sure?" "Go for it." "I'll go with this dress." After she picks her dress I walk in the dressing room and try on my dress.

Kevin's POV

I'm stretched out on the couch flipping through the channels I hear the door open and close then I hear their voices and I know they are back from prom dress shopping I sit up and look over at them I know Vanessa would go to the prom thing with me even if I didn't ask her but I know that I should think of some way to ask her on how to go with me I walk in the kitchen and both of them look up at me "So can I see the dresses? Vanessa grabs her bag and pulls it off the counter "Nope not until the night of the prom." Then she walks upstairs taking the bag with her and I look over at Mallory "Hey Kev can I ask you something?" This is weird for her because she isn't usually this serious and she is always making jokes. I walk over and sit across from her "Sure what's on your mind?" "Do you think Grant really likes me?" "I'm pretty sure he does the two of you have been dating and Vanessa and I saw you kiss when he brought you over to pick up your car." "Then why aren't we a couple yet?" "I'm sure he just wants to take things slow before you start dating but I'm pretty sure that he does like you." She sighs then grabs her bag "Thanks for the talk Kev." "Sure you don't want to stick around I'm sure there's some ice cream or something around here somewhere." "No thanks you probably want to spend time with Vanessa since we were gone today." Before she walks out of the house "You're still family too you know that right?" She turns around and looks at me "Yeah Kev I know that." Then she takes her bag and walks out of the house.

Vanessa's POV

I take the dress out of the bag and hang it in the far part of the closet where Kevin can't see it then I hear footsteps come in the room and I turn around and see Kevin walk in the room "Did Mal leave?" "Yeah she asked me for relationship advice about her and Grant then she left." "Did you give her good advice?" "Yeah I think I did or it sounded good to me anyway." I shut the closet door and see that he is now sitting on the bed, I walk over and sit next to him and lean my head against his shoulder and I feel him kiss my head "Kev?" "Yeah?" "Can we take a nap?" "Yeah a nap sounds good want to know what else sounds good?" "What?" "You going to prom with me?"  I laugh "I'd love to go to prom with you."