Chapter 32

Vanessa's POV

I wake up and look over at the clock and see that it is almost five and I realize I fell asleep waiting on Kevin I get out of bed and walk downstairs only to hear multiple voices in the kitchen. I walk in and see Mallory and Kevin both sitting in the kitchen talking but there is a gift bag sitting on the table they stop talking and look at me Mallory reaches for the gift bag and pulls it out of Kevin's reach "Hey Ness I got a gift for the baby." I walk over and sit down by Kevin and she pushes the bag toward both of us, Kev pulls out the tissue paper and I open the bag and pull out a book I look down and see that she had bought The Cat in the Hat for the baby. Kevin looks down at the book then looks at her "Are you going to turn our baby into a bookworm like you?" She smiles at both of us "If I have it my way I will I'm going to spoil your kid but I loved that book as a kid and this way it could be for a boy or a girl." I walk over and hug her and she hugs back "Thank you for the book I'm sure the baby will love it." Kevin gets up and hugs her too "Well ladies I'm going to let you two catch up or just talk about how great I am I have some things to do with the rest of the group." Then Kevin walks out of the house and I turn and look at Mallory with my eyebrow raised ready to begin my interrogation.

Mallory's POV

"Is something wrong?" Vanessa walks over and sits down in front of me and she keeps giving me a look that makes me feel like I'm in trouble or that I have done something wrong and I am starting to remember every bad thing I have ever done in my life. "Tell me how are things going between you and Grant?" I look at her "What do you mean how are things going?" "Are the two of you dating yet?" I start biting my lip because at this point I don't really know what me and Grant are we went and bought the book together and we went to his house that night when we fell asleep during The Hunger Games plus there were the two kisses but technically we weren't really a couple yet. I shrug my shoulders "I wouldn't say we are dating or that we are a couple in fact I don't really know what we are." "Well I think the two of you really like each other and one of you will have to make the first move eventually." "So have you and Kevin been talking about baby names yet?" Vanessa shakes her head no then looks up at me "No not yet." "Do you want a boy or a girl?" "We just want it to be happy and healthy." I nod my head "So what kind of business are Kevin and the rest of the guys up too?" "They are trying to come up with an event for a charity thing but they are having a hard time coming up with an idea." "Well if I think of anything you can tell Kevin my awesome ideas."

Vanessa's POV

With Kev, Mal and the new baby it will be like having three kids, I know they like to joke and be sarcastic toward each other but some days they are both so childish. I haven't been able to spend a lot of time with Mal in the last week or so because she has been with Grant and I have had doctor's appointments and I wanted to do something fun with her before the baby came I look at her "They have a concert on Friday do you want to go with us?" "Yeah I'd love to." "Great I'll let Kevin know you're coming with us and I'm sure the others will be happy to see you again too you haven't seen them in forever." "We are kind of sort of friends so that counts." "It doesn't count Mal." "Okay I'll work harder on being friends with the other four I just don't know what to say to people I hardly know." "You hardly knew Kevin and now the two of you are friends." "I insulted him when I met him though." "You're friends that is what matters." "I can already tell you are going to be a good mom but I have to go I have plans." "With Grant?" "Nope Pizza and the Avengers." I shake my head as she walks out of the house.