Chapter 67

Vanessa's POV

I lay my head on Kevin's shoulder and he reaches over and puts his hand on the baby bump and we both feel a kick she has been pretty active during the whole flight and I guess that's a good thing except when she decides to press on my bladder which has been pretty frequent. Kevin looks over at me "She likes flying I guess we will be taking her a lot of places." I laugh at him "What are you going to do if she decides she wants to go out of the country for one of her birthdays?" He shrugs his shoulders "Simple we will go with her." "How much longer Kev?" "Only a few more hours then we will be there I promise you should try to get some sleep." I let out a yawn and then slowly go to sleep.

Grant's POV

As soon as I land I pull out my phone and dial her number and when she answers she sounds even worse and her voice is raspy when she answers "Hey warbler." "Hi babe how are you feeling? "I'm still in bed warbler and I've thrown up again." "Are you sure you don't want me to come home?" "Warbler I'm fine just do what you've got to do okay we need more Sebastian Smythe." I laugh but I hate that she's sick and I wish I could be there with her in case she did need me "Babe if you get worse will you call me?" "Yeah warbler I'll call you I promise." I really don't want to hang up but I know I have to "I miss you babe." "I miss you too warbler." "I love you babe." "I love you too warbler." Then we both hang up.

Mallory's POV

I put my phone on the table next to bed then curl up under the blankets and I feel the bad shake a little when Hades jumps on it and gets in bed next me then I hear claws on the floor and I look up to see Grant's white ball of fur Jett and he's looking up at me I pick him up and put him in the bed as well and he curls at the end of the bed by my feet. Then I feel it coming I sit up and grab the garbage bag next to the bed with just enough time to empty my stomach into the bag I lay back on the bed and try finding a position that will hopefully settle my stomach and help put me back to sleep. Hades lays his head down on my stomach and I reach over and start running my hands through his fur and he looks up at me with his golden eyes giving me a look that says "How can I help mom?" With Jett by my feet and Hades curled up with me I slowly go back to sleep.

Kevin's POV

After the flight lands and we get a rental car we start the drive to my house Vanessa reaches over and grabs one of my hands and I look over at her "I don't know why you're so nervous you've met her before you know she loves you." "I wasn't pregnant then." "Ness I had more reason to be worried about your parents finding out you were pregnant than you being worried about my mom and us telling her about it." "Pregnancy hormones I guess." "At least you haven't had really bad mood swings I don't know if I could have handled that." She laughs at me then squeezes my hand tightly I know that she's nervous but as long as I am there with her she shouldn't be and I look over at her and I know that I really need to tell her about the decision I have made about taking time off but instead of telling her I keep it to myself again "Do you need anything?" She looks back at me "Could we stop and get milkshakes the baby really wants one?" "Sure we can get milkshakes."

Vanessa's POV

When we stop the car and Kevin goes in to get our milkshakes I pull out my phone and call and check on Mallory to see how she is doing it takes a while but she finally answers and when she does she sounds terrible. "Hey Mal how's it going?" "I'm still sick I just got back in bed from checking on Blade for you and he's fine." "Just stay in bed okay I'll call one of the guys and have them check on him." "Thanks Ness I'm going back to sleep now." She hangs up then I look through my phone for another number trying to decide which one I should call to go check on her and I finally when I reach the number I dial it hoping he will answer.

Nick's POV

I look down at my phone and answer because Vanessa was calling. "Hey Nessa how's the trip going?" "It's going good we haven't made it there yet we are stopping for milkshakes." "Baby craving huh?" "Yeah but I need you to do me a favor." "Sure what is it?' "You know where my friend Mal lives right?" "Yeah why?" "Go to the store get her some stomach stuff then go and buy her some soup from somewhere." "She's a grown woman I'm pretty sure she can take care of herself while she's sick." "You said you would do me a favor now please do it for me?" I let out a sigh and roll my eyes because I knew if I didn't do it she would tell Kevin and then he would be mad at me for upsetting Vanessa while she was pregnant. "Okay fine does she have a preference on soup she likes?" "Just get chicken noodle that makes everyone better." "Fine I'm leaving my house now." She hangs up and I know I need to remember to use this against her or Kevin later if I ever needed anything.

Mallory's POV

I'm sleeping on my couch with Jett and Hades by me I'm woke up by a low rumbling noise as I wake up I realize that the noise is coming from Hades I sit up and realize he's standing in front of me and the couch and a steady growl is coming from him, I wondered what his problem is he has been acting strange then I hear a knock on my door I throw off the blankets and walk over to the door and open it to see Nick standing there with two bags in his hand I look up at him "Can I help you Nick?" "Vanessa sent me with this its stomach stuff and some soup." As soon as I get a whiff of it my stomach starts churning I push him out of the way and start throwing up off the side of my porch into some bushes. The next thing I know I feel my hair being pulled back out of my face as I try to get my stomach calm I realize that these guys aren't so bad then I turn around and look at Nick. "Do you have a piece of paper?" He pulls the receipt out of his pocket and I grab a pen from inside the house and write two words down on the paper then fold it up and give it back to him "Go to the store and get that then come back here don't tell anyone who it is for and if Vanessa calls you can't even tell her about it got it?" He nods his head then gets back in his car and leaves.