Chapter 24

Kevin's POV

It's Monday the day of our first appointment and I know it will be more of a checkup like thing, I hope both of them are both doing okay Vanessa is for what I can tell, she is still throwing up a lot though and I have been told that morning sickness means the baby is healthy. I finish getting ready then walk downstairs to see that she is on the phone; I pick up my phone and walk in the living room waiting for the time to pass by where we can leave to go to the doctor.

Vanessa's POV

While I'm on the phone with Mallory I decide to get a few travel questions out of the way. "Are you going to ride with me and Kevin to the airport?" "Yeah about that Vanessa listen I need to tell you something." "We plan on leaving early in the morning you can leave your car here if you want." "I'm not going home for Christmas this year in fact I'm going to be leaving soon." "What do you mean leaving?" "I'm going on a trip I haven't really decided on where I'm going yet and I don't know when I'm going to be back yet either." I knew something was up; she wasn't the type to just up and go on a trip without planning something or at least having some sort of destination in mind. "Is everything okay you don't usually do this?" "I know that but I really think I just need some time away for a while." I take a deep breath and sigh "Will you at least try and be back before our New Year's Eve party?" "I'll try but I make no promises I've got to go." She hangs up and I look at the phone I lay it down then walk in the living room.

Kevin's POV

I look up at Vanessa "Did you get everything settled?" "We are the only ones going to the airport." "Mal wanted to drive her own car huh?" Vanessa walks over and sits down next to me "She isn't going home at all she said she is going somewhere but she doesn't know where or when she will be back." "Will she be back for the party?" "She said she would try but no promises?" I shrug my shoulders "Are you ready to go?" "Yeah let's go." We both walk out of the house and get in the car to go to our first doctor's appointment.

Grant's POV

I'm back for a few more episodes of Glee in season three I'm here earlier than I'm supposed to be I wasn't due back for a few more weeks but I left the morning after the movie date. I've been busy so I haven't called or texted her I know that I should and I could text her during my down time but my phone stays in my pocket. The three dates we went on were great and I did enjoy myself and there was something between us I just didn't really know what it was and I had gotten another call for a movie called A mother's nightmare I got the lead role and I would be in Vancouver for a few months and it would be either close to New Year's or after before I got back maybe by then I could figure things out I just hoped she would she still be there whenever I did come back.

Mallory's POV

I'm in my room packing enough of my things to get me through for a few weeks to possibly a month. I needed to get away but I didn't know where I was going or when I was coming back. Grant didn't call or text like he said he would and I didn't feel like going home this year. While I was gone I wanted to try new things and meet new people and just do something wild and crazy that I would never picture myself doing. I finish packing my things and put Hades in his travel box, take one last look at the house, turn off the lights and walk out.