Chapter 52

Vanessa's POV

I keep trying to see over or around Kevin where I can see how things are going in the kitchen but that isn't going so well "Will you move your big fat Kentucky head out of the way so I can see what's going on?" He looks at me and smiles "You love my big fat Kentucky head and you know it." Then he winks at me before turning back toward the kitchen "What are they doing?" He looks at me and whispers "They are hugging." I look around Kevin and try to get a glimpse of Mal and Grant in the kitchen. "Look Ness if something exciting happens I will let you know." "I don't want to know I want to see it myself."

Mallory's POV

Grant and I pull away from each other and he looks down at me "My place tonight?" I look up at him and shake my head no "Not your place and not tonight warbler." "Maybe in a few days then?" "Maybe." "Does this mean you'll turn your phone back on?" "Yeah I'll turn it back on." "Good I'll text you." He leans forward to kiss me but then he stops himself "I'll see you soon babe." I grab him by his shirt and pull him down to me then kiss him and wrap my arms around his neck he wraps his arms around my waist and kisses back.

Vanessa's POV

I lean around Kevin to see Grant and Mallory standing in the middle of my kitchen kissing, if he was what made her happy I wasn't going to say anything to her but if he cheated on her again he wouldn't be dealing with Kevin when the pull apart I see the amount of damage that has been done to his face and I turn around and look at Kevin "You did all of that?" Kevin stands there and nods his head "I was mad at myself for what I did to you and then I got mad at him so I went and took all of it out on him." I turn around and look at Kevin "You are just full of surprises." He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me to him and I look up at him "I try my best now how about we go stop them before they have sex in our kitchen on the counter or table that we eat off of?" "Yeah that sounds like a good idea."

Grant's POV

We are brought out of the moment we are having by a small cough Mal and I both look up she pulls away from me and walks over to them and they start having a quiet conversation I decide to let them be alone and I turn around to walk outside when I get outside I walk over to my car and prop against it.

Vanessa's POV

Kevin and I walk over to Mal and I look at her "You don't have to take him back you know?" She looks at both of us and lets out a sigh "I know I don't have to but I want to I love him Ness don't you remember how you felt when you and Kevin first got together?" I did remember how that felt and what it was like when the person you were a huge fan of liked you back and was in love with you I didn't like it but if Grant was who made her happy then I guess I would be happy for her. Kev takes over and starts talking "If he cheats on you again I'll do a lot worse than I did this time." She smiles at him and punches him lightly in the shoulder "Thanks Kev." Then she looks at me "Come on Ness please."

"Okay fine if Grant makes you happy go for it." She runs over and gives me a tight hug then quickly hugs Kevin and runs outside I walk over to the window and watch her run over to him he catches her then picks her up and spins her around.

Kevin's POV

I wrap my arms around Vanessa's waist and I start thinking about what it was like for me the night I met her and I go back to that night, It was at a Kentucky game, I was sitting there checking my phone waiting on the game to start I look up and see her walking down the row to the seat that is next to me when she sits down next to me I look at her and I start thinking to myself about how beautiful she is I hope she doesn't notice me staring at her. I should say something to her, "Hi I'm Kevin." She looks over at me and a smile appears on her face "I'm Vanessa." Through the whole game we sat and talked about different things and we were both happy when Kentucky won. I'm brought out of the flashback by Vanessa's voice and I look at her and know that nothing is ever going to change how much I love her.