Chapter 28

Mallory's POV

I check how I look in the mirror one last time before I get ready to go to the party Kevin and Vanessa are having and I know she will be mad but I decided to go with jeans and nice heels and a top. There wasn't anyone there I was trying to impress. I wish I could stay home and skip all of this I know I have been gone for two months and Vanessa wants to catch up but I just don't want to party. I look over at the collection of DVDS sitting on my table and I stare longingly at The Notebook, Titanic, Pride and Prejudice and all of my other romance movies I was planning on watching. I grab my phone and walk out of the house hoping I would be able to make it through the party tonight and that there wouldn't be any extra surprises.

Vanessa's POV

Almost everyone was having a blast at the party I tried getting to Mallory to cheer up but nothing worked and I was starting to get tired of it. "Why don't you get a drink?" She looks at me "I'm fine just hanging out with you plus you can't have a drink for what another seven months?" "That doesn't mean you have to suffer with me." "It's fine I'm having a good time." Then Kevin walks over and puts his arm around Grant's shoulder "Ladies look who I found wandering around the party." I look over at Mallory and she is getting up "I better go I'll call you tomorrow." I sit and watch her walk out then I turn and glare at Kevin.

Grant's POV

Without saying a word I turn and follow her outside and when I catch up with her or get close enough where she can hear me talking to her "Look can we at least talk please?" She stops and pulls off one of her shoes and I'm confused until I see it coming toward me I move and barely miss getting the heel part of the shoe to my face I pick it up and keep following her "Come on babe please just talk to me." She stops so suddenly that I almost run into her "Never call me that again." I notice that when she is mad her eyes change to a darker shade of green "Hear me out okay?" She pushes me away from her "What is there to hear warbler you didn't call me or text me like you said you would I was gone for two months and I didn't ever hear from you." She called me warbler and I run it through my head a few times and I could get used to that nickname. "I'm sorry and I shouldn't have done that but I wasn't sure where things were going between us then, we went on three dates and I liked all of them but I wasn't sure about the pace we were going in."

Mallory's POV

I only had one shoe left and with him being this close I wasn't going to miss my target I wanted to hate him and there was a part of me that did strongly dislike him but there was also still that stupid fangirl part of me that still continued to like him even though he could break me in a heartbeat. "We tried it Grant and it didn't work out you don't have to apologize but just please leave me alone I can't do this." I take my other shoe from him and put it on then start to walk back to the party where I can go home and hopefully not ever see him again. I knew this wouldn't work out and there was no way that my celebrity crush would ever feel the same way about me that I felt about him.

Grant's POV

I can't let her walk away I know a few months ago I was the one who messed things up I was only thinking of myself and I didn't ask her what she thought but I could fix it and make it up to her. I follow her again only this time I grab her arm and turn her around to where she is facing me. Her eyes widen as she looks up at me and I pull her even closer to me so now we are touching and I lean forward and kiss her.