Chapter 7 pt.2

Abel:
Since we just got back to New York, and I got another phone, I thought I should text Cami and check on the twins but she wouldn't text me back. So I decided to go over to their house to check on them. They had moved into the condo that I had bought for them so drive is only 10 minutes. I don't know what I did to make her not want to text back, maybe I had said something that night I was fucked up at the club. I still don't remember that night clearly. Even if I didn't I still got something for her and the twins just in case she's mad.

I pulled into her garage got out, knocked on the door and waited.

"Who is it?" someone said from the other side of the door, it sounded like her friend.

"It's Abel."

She opened the door to let me in. "Hi Abel."

"Hey." I looked around and didn't see the twins or Cami. " Where's everyone?"

"The twins went out with their grandma, and Cami is in the kitchen."

"Oh, is it okay if I go see her?"

"I guess." She went back to sit on the couch.

I walked around the corner to the kitchen, Cami had her back turned to me.

"Hey?"

She didn't answer.

"Cami?"

She turned around glaring at me with a knife in her hand.

"What the fuck Camille?"

"This isn't for you stupid, I'm making dinner." She stepped to the side showing me the vegetables on her cutting board. "If I could dice you up I would though."

"Why? I didn't do anything."

She put her knife down and went to wash her hands in the sink. "Exfuckingactly Abel. Congratulations. That's exactly what you've done. Nothing."

"Camille...I don't understand."

"Five days ago Abel. FIVE days ago. You said you were leaving Miami to come spend time with the twins. But I should have known better. I should have known you were lying, because that's all you do." she shook her head.

"Cam-"

"What happened? Did your little girlfriend convince you to stay? Were you having too much fun and just said fuck us?"

"Honestly I blacked out and lost my phone, that's why I haven't talked to you in five days... I don't even remember saying I was coming..."

"Of course."

I noticed she was biting the inside of her cheek, she used to do that when I pissed her off while we were dating.

"Look, I'm really sorry. I wanna make it up to you guys."

"You're always sorry. You always wanna make it up to us."

"I got you all something. I left them in the truck though."

"Goddammit Abel!" she was on the verge of tears.

"What?"

"Why can't you see? We don't need gifts! Ava and AJ need a father! And I just need you to be there! I just need to know I can rely on you Abel! I don't need this stupid condo!" The tears were streaming down her face now.

I pulled her into a hug and she tried pushing me away but I wouldn't let her. "Camille I'm really sorry, I don't know how to be a father. And I know I haven't really been attempting so far, I just thought the gifts would make up for something. I don't know."

"You can't buy love Abel." She looked up at me from my now tear drenched chest. " I didn't know how to be a mom but I learned, hell I'm still learning. You'll just learn as you go and I'll be there to help for the most part." She smiled a little.

"You said you need to know you can rely on me?"

"Yeah."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Like I need to know if I can trust you, or depend on you with stuff."

"What can I do to prove you can rely on me?"

"You....you can babysit the twins next weekend. " she smiled.

"Aright." I nodded and smiled back, trying to hide how bad I was freaking out on the inside.