Chapter 43

Camille:
Samra took the twins and I back to her house before we had to catch our flight home. Once we got there her and Ava went to the kitchen to make cookies and AJ and I staid in the living room. We turned on the TV and found a movie to watch. I tried my hardest to focus on the movie to distract myself from thinking about Abel but I failed. I ended up wondering over to the bookshelf and grabbing a photo album with a blue label that read "My baby boy". I opened it up and there were nothing but pictures of Abel from when he was a baby.

I sat down with the book and starting flipping through the pages. AJ sat next to me and stopped me.

"Hey, is that me?"

He pointed to a picture in the middle of one of the pages.

"No." I laughed. "That's your dad."

"What?! He looks like me!"

"Yup, you guys look just a like."

He sat with me while I continued flipping through the pages. Every now and then he'd stop me 'cause he saw a picture he liked or thought was funny and wanted to laugh.

"Aaw, missing him already?" Samra asked as she walked over to us.

"Yeah, a little bit." I shrugged. "These pictures are so cute."

"I loved taking pictures of Abel when he was little, I've got two more photo albums of just him."

"You do? Can I see them?"

"I'd let you see them but I think we should get going soon. Isn't your flight at one thirty?"

I looked at the clock on the wall and it was already one o'clock. Damn the time went by fast.

"Ooh, I guess we should get ready to leave then."

I got up and put the album back on the shelf before helping Ava and AJ put their shoes on.

"You three ready to go?"

Ava, AJ and I all answered. "Yes."

I was more than ready to go home. I loved spending time in Toronto and seeing Samra but I really missed New York and couldn't wait to get back.

When we got the the airport we went to the hangar Abel's jet had taken off from and there was another one waiting for us.

"Camille, I don't think I've told you this but I'm very appreciative of you."

"You are?"