Chapter 36

Camille:
"Mommy! Wake up! Mommy! Wake up!"

I opened my eyes to Ava and AJ jumping on my bed and yelling at me.

"Waaaaaake up!"

"I'm up!" I sat up and they both jump on top me. "I missed you guys!"

"We missed you too!"

I looked around and didn't see Abel. "Where's daddy?"

"He's busy, I bought them home."  My mom said as she walked into my room. "He asked me to give you this."

She passed me a little envelope that had my name on it. I opened it and inside was a note from Abel.

"I'm sorry I couldn't bring the twins home to you but I promise it's for a good reason. Be ready by seven and I can show you."

"Mom, what is he up to?"

She shrugged. "I don't know."

The smirk on her face said otherwise though.

"Well...what about you two? Did daddy tell you what he's up to?"

"Yup, he's gonna-"

"Shush Ava! He said it's a surprise!"

"Oops! He's not doin anything." 

"You guys are really gonna make me wait?"

They all nodded.

I guess I had no choice then.

A few hours later:
Seven o'clock on the dot and Abel was calling me to say he was outside.

"Bye guys. I love you."

The twins were too busy playing with all the christmas presents they had got and were paying me no attention.

"I said bye guys, I love you!"

"Love you too!" They both said, still not breaking focus from their toys.

"Don't let them stay up past ten please." I gave my mom a kiss on the cheek. "See you later."

"Have fun."

I grabbed my jacket and walked outside. Abel was waiting for me outside his car, or what i thought was his car.

"Ooh another new car?"

"Nah, this isn't mine."

"Oh, is it a rental?"

"No." He laughed. "Never that."

"Then who's is it?"

"Yours."

"What?!"

"I know you said you didn't want anything for Christmas but I couldn't help but to get you a little something."

"Little?! You bought me a whole ass car!"

He smiled. "You like it?"

I was honestly mesmerized by it. It was an all black Audi S8 that put my old, beat up Ford Focus to shame.