Chapter 31

Camille:
It had been almost two weeks since the last time Tia and I spoke or saw each other. I was so mad at her that I probably could've gone another two without us speaking, but I just had to know what the fuck she was thinking that night.

"Hi."

"Hey."

"I bought you some m&m's."

"I don't want them."

"Camille..." She pouted. "I feel really bad, I didn't-"

"What the hell were you thinking? I would never ever do anything like that to you."

"You know you're my best friend...and I just want what's best for you."

"Please tell me how you thought Abel fucking with another girl would be good for me?"

"Look, I know it was a really bad idea and I shouldn't have done it. I just thought if you actually saw him with another girl you'd finally leave his ass."

"Why do you want me to leave him so bad?! I wouldn't be talking to him if it wasn't for you! You started all this!"

"I know, I know but I didn't think you guys would actually end up together! I thought he'd just help you with the twins and stuff..." She sighed heavy before continuing. "I'm honestly jealous of him."

"What?"

"I love you, more than just as a friend."

"Tia you're talking crazy."

"No, I'm not Camille. He doesn't deserve you. You're the most kind, loving and selfless person ever and he's just an asshole that takes you for granted. I thought I could put my feelings to the side 'cause you wanted to be with him but...I can't anymore."

I was shocked and had no idea what to say. Tia and I had been friends for almost all our lives and she never mentioned having feelings for me before.

"Um...I love you too...but not like that. You're like a sister to me and I know you don't think Abel is my best option but...we're in love. I'm not leaving him...even for you."

She shrugged. "I knew there was a ninety-nine percent chance you'd wanna stay with him but I just had to get that off my chest. I've been feeling this way about you for years."

"How come-"

My phone rang from the kitchen and when I went to go answer it, I saw Abel calling.

"Hello?"

"Baby!" He sounded excited. "Are you still coming tonight?"

"What's tonight?"

"My album listening party. Did you forget?"

"Shit...yeah I did. I'm sorry."

"It's cool. You still wanna go?"

"Of course I do."

"Alright, I'll come pick you up around
nine."

I hung up and went back out to the living room so I could finish talking to Tia, but she had left. I wanted to ask her why she never told me but I guess that was gonna have to wait now.

Later that night:
By time my mom and I finished getting the twins to sleep I only had a half an hour to get ready. Since red was Abel's favorite, that was the color dress I put on.

Before I could figure out what to do with my hair, I got Abel's text saying he was outside

"Okay mom, I'll see you later."

"Alright have fun and don't get into any trouble."

Outside Abel was leaning against his car waiting.

"Damn, you look good."

"Thank you." I kissed him and could tell he already had a few drinks. "You want me to drive?"

"Nah, I'm good."

We got in and I think he was driving extra cautious just for my sake.

"Abel?"

"Yeah?"

"Is Bella gonna be there?"

"Fuck no. There's no way in hell she'll get passed the doors if she shows up, don't worry."

"Alright 'cause I don't feel like fighting anyone tonight."

He laughed. "And I don't want you fighting."

After a few more minutes we pulled up to a place called Marquee. Before we even got out the car I could tell the place was packed.

"Are all these people here for your listening party?"

He nodded. "It's mostly industry people. Producers, artist, music execs and a few fans."

"Ooh...okay."

Abel held my hand as we walked into the club and he didn't let me go for most of the night. I was like his shadow. Wherever he went, I went. Whoever he spoke to, I spoke to. And I didn't mind at all 'cause I didn't know any of those people. Usually when I'd go out with Abel the whole crew would be there so it'd be okay if he disappeared or something, but I hadn't seen any of them, except Sal, who doesn't like me for some reason.

"Wait for me right here okay?"

"Where are you goin?"

"Don't worry, I'll be right back."

"Um..okay."

I sat down at the bar and ordered a drink as he walked off. Fifteen minutes went by and I was still waiting, I was about to go look for him but he came pushing through the crowd. He sat next to me and pulled a small bag of what looked like coke out his pocket.

"What are you doing?"

"Setting up some lines. You want one?"

"No."

"You sure?"

"Yes I'm sure."

He rolled up a hundred dollar bill and snorted two of the four lines he had set up.

"Wooh! You sure you don't want any?"

I nodded.

"C'mon, just a bump. It'll help you relax." He scooped a little bit up on his pinky finger and held it up to me. "I promise it's better than that cheap shit we used to do."

"Okay...just a bump and that's it..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry this update was late. Chapter 31 pt.2 coming soon ✨ Happy Thanksgiving btw 🍴