Chapter 11

Camille:
"Tia can you look under the couch again?"

"We've already looked there twice, but okay."

We were still looking for my phone. It had been almost a week since I last seen it and I had no idea where I could've left it.

"You don't remember where you had it last?" Tia asked.

"No...I remember having it the night I went to Abel's place."

"Did you leave it there?"

"I don't think I took it."

I was about to go look in my room again when there was a knock at the door, when I answered my mom stormed in.

"Camille what is going on?!"

"What do you mean?"

"Abel called me last night and asked me to talk to you. He said you texted him saying you were leaving, and didn't want to see him anymore? Now you're not answering his calls?"

"Mom I don't even have my phone, I lost it. I haven't talked to Abel in a week."

"Well someone's got it and they're fucking around. I think you should go talk to him."

"Alright. Will you guys stay with the twins?"

"Of course." My mom answered as I grabbed my bag and headed out the door.

20 minutes later I was stepping off the elevator into Abel's penthouse.

I walked into the living room it was dark and quiet, the only light in the room was peaking from the curtains. It smelled like weed and there were bottles on the floor as if there had been another party.

"Abel?"

No response.

I walked down the hallway to his bedroom and opened the door. He was laying down sleep with a bottle of Henny in his hand. I sat on the bed next to him and started poking at him.

"Abel? Wake up."

"Leave me alone Bella."

"Well, that was insulting."

"Camille?" He opened his eyes to look at me. "I thought you left."

"Why would I do that?"

"You texted me..." He took his phone from his pocket and showed me the messages.

"Abel, I lost my phone. That's not me."

He sighed and pulled me in for a hug.
"I love you and the twins so much Cami. You know that right?"

"I know you love them."

"And you."

"Abel I'm not doing this. You're not sober. You were sleeping with a bottle of Henny."

"I don't have to be sober to know I love you Camille. When I got those text from 'you' saying you were leaving I was devastated."

"I could never leave again."

"Why not?"

"The twins."

"So if we didn't have Ava and AJ you'd leave?"

"Abel..." I wanted to get up and leave right then but he was holding both my hands, making it kind of hard to do so.

"Would you?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I couldn't hurt you again."

"So you still love me?" He teased.

"I don't know why that matters, you have a girlfriend."

"Yeah but we're not gonna last."

"She thinks otherwise."

"What do you mean?"

"She said you guys are gonna get married."

"When did she say that?" He started laughing.

"When I was here last time, she said-"

Everything started to make sense all of a sudden. The night I was over here, Bella made me mad on purpose so I would leave and when I did I forgot my phone. She texted Abel pretending to be me and says I'm leaving, he gets upset, then she comes in to save the day and he realizes he loves her....not me. But her plan obliviously didn't work that well considering Abel was about drink himself to half to death.

"Camille?"

"Huh?

"You were talking then you just drifted off. You okay?"

"Yeah. I just realized something."

"What is it?"

"Nothing." I couldn't tell Abel that it was Bella texting him because she was trying to keep us apart. Since she wanted to play a game, we could play a game.

"Okay..." He looked confused. "I'ma go take a shower. You gonna leave while I'm in there?"

"I'm not leaving Abel."

"Alright." He laughed and got up to go to the bathroom, when the door shut I got up and started looking for my phone.

"Okay, I gotta find my phone." I thought to myself as I started tearing apart Abel's room. I knew Bella's basic ass would hide the phone somewhere around here, I just had to figure out where now. I started going through the drawers in Abel's dresser one by one with no luck until I got to the last one. It was a drawer of Bella's stuff and my phone was sitting right at the bottom...

Abel:
I put on some sweatpants and a tank top after my shower and went out to the living room where Camille was sitting on the couch watching TV.

"I thought you said you weren't leaving?"

"What do you mean?"

"I got out the shower and when I walked in my room you weren't in there."

"Well yeah, I thought you'd want some privacy to get dressed."

"It's not like you've never seen me naked before." I laughed and sat next to her on the couch.

"Oh my god."

"Do you ever think about how we-"

"Nope."

"You don't even know what I was gonna say."

"You were gonna say how we used to fuck."

"I was gonna say we used to watch movies together." I smiled. "But since you bought it up, I guess you do think about it."

"I don't."

"Yeah you do."

"I don't even remember."

"Oh really?"

"Really."

"You want a reminder?"

"Abel..." She smiled a little bit.

I pulled her into my lap. "Come on."

"What about Bella?" She asked while running her hands up my shirt.

"Who?" She laughed as I picked her up and carried her back to my bedroom.

Camille was gonna be saying she loved me again by morning.