Chapter 33 pt.2

Camille:
"Mommy when are we gonna leeeeave?"

I promised Ava and AJ I'd take them to Playspace and they weren't gonna let me forget about it.

"We can leave in a few minutes, just let me-"

I heard a knock on the door and when I answered it, I got a very unwanted surprise.

"What are you doing here?"

"I know you really don't like me...you probably hate me by now...but I just want to talk...please."

"Okay..." I sighed heavy and let her in. "Ava, AJ, why don't you guys go play in your room for a few minutes?"

Ava pouted. "I thought we were leaving!"

"We will but first I need to have a grown up talk."

"Okay." They turned to go to their room, leaving Bella and I standing there.

I sat down on couch and she sat next to me.

"I give up."

"What?"

"I give up...I've been trying to get Abel back for so long and nothing I do works...I even told him I'm pregnant and he didn't care."

My fucking heart stopped beating.

"Are you really pregnant?"

"Oh god no, I just said it 'cause I thought he'd be empathetic or something..."

"Ooh...Um..." I really wanted to drag the living hell outta her for ruining my dress the other night but I didn't have the energy, so I decided to try and be nice instead. "You wanted Abel back for all the wrong reasons and I think you know that. You didn't love him at all did you?"

She shook her head. "I liked being with him."

" 'Cause he gave you a career boost and when you lost him you thought you'd lose your career too, but did that happen?"

"No."

"Exactly. You don't need him. So all this running around, stealing my phone, and plotting with Sal, to try to tear us apart was for what?"

"I guess I just loved all the attention I was getting for being The Weeknd's girlfriend. It was like a big deal, I got soooo many calls and bookings and stuff. It was amazing. I wanted it back."

"I'm sure you'd get the same amount of attention if you date an NFL or NBA player, or something. Go get you one of them."

"That's actually a good idea." She smiled. "I'm gonna do that."

"Mommy are you done grown up talking?!" AJ yelled from down the hallway.

"Give me one more minute!"

"Ooh, I guess I should leave." She stood up. "I really am sorry Camille. I hope you don't hate me."

"I don't." I gave her a half ass smile. "Bye Bella.

"Bye."

I couldn't wait to tell Abel all about this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry this part is short but another update is coming soon ✨