Chapter 28 pt.2

Abel:
"Thank you for coming over."

"No problem." Cami's mom said as we sat down together. "So what's going on? I know you didn't call me over here for nothing."

"I...I really messed up and now Cami isn't talking to me. I wanna-"

"What did you do?"

"I went to vegas, got really drunk, really high and met this girl and..."

I didn't even finish my sentence, but she knew what I was gonna say. "Oh goodness. Now why would you do something like that?"

"I really wasn't thinking clearly, but I did stop things before it went to far. And I told Cami that but she's still mad."

"Of course she is. I would be too! You two are supposed to a be in a relationship. Just the two of you. There's no need for you to go out and be with another woman. There's also no need for her to be ignoring you so long. Being in a relationship means you have to communicate with one another."

"How do I get her to talk to me again?"
"How 'bout this, I'll invite her over to my house for dinner tonight and you come too?"

"That sounds great."

Camille:
"Mommy grandma is calling you!" AJ ran over to me with my phone in his hand, him and Ava were taking turns playing some game. "Here you go."

"Thank you baby." I answered the phone. "Hey mom."

"Hi honey, what are you up to tonight?"

"Um...I'm going out. Why?"

"Well you're not now, I want you and the twins to come over for dinner."

"But mom-"

"Don't 'but' me. I want to see you three here in an hour. Okay?"

"Okay. See you then." I hung up.

"Ooh my god, I love my mom but she's annoying."

"Why? What'd she say?" Tia asked.

"She wants me to come have dinner at her house tonight but I have plans with Kendrick. I just saw her yesterday.

"Kendrick? Are you still not talking to Abel?

"Yup..."

It had been almost a month now and I still refused to talk to him. No calls, no text, not even a 'hello' when he would come to pick up the twins or drop them off.

"Are you guys through?"

"I don't know." I looked down at the ring on my finger, I still hadn't taken it off. "I'm just tired of getting hurt. Part of the reason I moved away from him the first time was 'cause I was tired of getting hurt, and for him to know that but still do shit like fuck with random hoes just shows he doesn't care."

"You two just need a break, I think it'll all work out in the end."

"I guess..." I shrugged. "I'ma go get Ava and AJ dressed."

After I had got them dressed we went over to my moms house. Once we got there something didn't seem right. The table was set but only for two people.

"Mom why are there only two places at the table?"

"Because...Ava, AJ, and I are gonna go get pizza."

"And what about me..."

"You get to stay here and talk to Abel."

"Wait, wh-"

Abel came out of the kitchen holding a bouquet of roses in his hand.

"Hi Camille."

"Mom, what is he doing here?"

"I'm tired of you two always fighting. So you're gonna sit down and talk this out and you're not leaving til you do."

I rolled my eyes so hard I thought they would fall out my damn head.

"Okay, okay."