Chapter 41

🚩👀 Mature Content 👀🚩
Toronto
Abel:
"Y'all going out tonight?" Hyghly asked the crew and I. "I'm tryin' get some hoes from Lost and found."

All the guys agreed that they were down to go, except for me.

"Abel you not goin?"

"Nah, it's valentines day and I already spent most of the day with y'all ugly asses. I'm sure Cami's already upset and if I went out she'd probably rip my head off."

Hawk shook his head. "You sound whipped."

" 'Cause I'm considerate about my girls feelings? Fuck outta here."

"Whatever, do what you gotta do lover boy."

I rolled my eyes as I started to gather my things."I'll see y'all tomorrow."

I hadn't seen Cami all day 'cause I had a production meeting, then rehearsal after that. I knew she was probably upset, so I made reservations for us at Scaramouche and told her I'd have Freddy come pick her up by seven. But seven o'clock flew by and Cami nor Freddy was answering their phones. I waited and waited thinking she was just taking forever to get ready, or maybe they were stuck in traffic but by eight thirty it was pretty clear she stood me up.

I paid for the few drinks I ordered and left the restaurant. I knew she was probably mad but damn I didn't think she'd just stand me up like that. By time I got back to my condo it was almost nine and I expected her and the twins to be sleep but luckily I was wrong.

When I walked in the lights were dim but there were candles all over the room and roses scattered everywhere. The table was set for two and I could smell food that reminded me of my mom's house.

"Camille?"

She stepped out the kitchen in a black dress that hugged every curve of her body.

"Happy valentines day!" She smiled and walked over to give me a hug. "I'm sorry I stood you up, but as you can tell I had different plans for us."

"It's okay, I'm just glad you're not mad at me like I thought you were."

"Why would I be mad?"

" 'Cause I couldn't spend time with you today."

"You're a busy person and I know that." She shrugged. "I can't get mad when I know you're just doing your job."

"I'm glad you understand." I kissed her forehead. "So what made you wanna have dinner here instead of going out?"

" 'Cause this is most likely our last date before you leave Thursday." She took my hand and lead me over to the table. "I just wanted it to be special."

"Are you ready for Thursday?"

My first tour date was Friday but I had to leave Thursday so I'd have enough time for sound check and all that other shit.

"Uum...kind of. I tried explaining why you're leaving to the twins and now they think you're part of The Wiggles."

"What?" I busted out laughing. "What did you tell them?"

"I told them that you go to different places and sing to people and AJ asked 'Is he one of The Wiggles?' and I said yeah, something like that."

"That's too funny."

"Now you gotta learn some Wiggle's songs."

She disappeared into the kitchen for a second and came back with a dish of doro wat.

"You made wat?"

"Yup, your mom gave me her recipe and I think it turned out pretty well." She smiled proudly as she put some on both of our plates. "I hope you like it.