Chapter 30

Camille:
"Where are we going again?" Tia asked.

"To Penthouse in downtown."

"Ooh, I've never been there. I heard it's hard to get in."

"It is, but Abel-

"Wait, you're talking to Abel again? I'm late."

"Yeah, remember a few days ago when my mom randomly asked me to come to dinner?"

She nodded.

"When I got there, Abel was there and she left with the twins so we could talk."

"And you forgave him that easy?"

"I bitched him out a little bit first but I did forgive him."

"Good god Camille." She shook her head. "He's got you wrapped around his finger tight."

"I know you probably think I'm stupid, hell I kinda think I'm stupid too but...I love him Tia. And he's really trying. I know, sometimes he fucks up but he feels really bad afterwards. I just-"

"I bet if it were any other nigga you would've been left him."

"You're probably right...but Abel's different. Every time we fight or don't talk for a while my heart literally aches. I've never felt that with anyone else. I try to tell myself I don't need him but I think I do....even if he's bad for me."

"Well if you're happy, I'll drop it." She shrugged.

I wanted to tell her about the talk Abel and I had about living together but didn't wanna keep hearing her mouth. I loved Tia as a sister, and I knew she was just looking out for me but it was starting to get annoying.

When we got to the club we just went over to the section where there was a bunch of girls gathered around, and sure enough that's where Abel and the crew were.

Abel smiled when he saw me. "Hey beautiful."

"Hey." I smiled back and gave him a kiss.

"Me and the guys were about to go outside and smoke, you wanna come with us?"

"Um...no it's okay. I'll stay here with Tia."

"Alright, I'll be back." He kissed my forehead before leaving.

I turned to talk to Tia but she had already disappeared so I went off to find her.

Abel:
When I came back in I couldn't find Cami at all. Lamar, Cash and I looked for her for a good fifteen minutes and she was still nowhere to be found. I was starting to think she left until I saw her friend making her way back over to me and the guys. She had a girl trailing behind her but I could tell she definitely wasn't Camille.

"Hey, where'd Cami go?"

She shrugged. "I think she's outside somewhere. Anyway I have a friend that wanted to meet you." They both sat on either side of me.

The girl smiled. "I'm Yasmin."

"That's nice."

I took my phone out my pocket and was about to call Cami but Tia snatched it out my hand.

"What the fuck? Give me my phone back."

"Stop worrying about Cami so much, she's grown."

"I thought you were supposed to be her best friend, but you don't care about where she is?"

"Right now I don't. Yasmin and I just wanna talk to you."

"What the hell do y'all want?"

Yasmin scooted closer to me so we were practically touching. "You ever fuck with a Persian girl?"

She laid her hand in my lap but I swatted it away.

"Actually I have and I'm not interested in doing it again."

"You're missing out." She leaned in to kiss me but I pushed her face away.

"What the fuck is this Tia? Are you trying to set me up or something? 'Cause it's not working." I might've been faded but this time I knew better.

"Are you sure?" Yasmin tried climbing into my lap but I pushed her off, just as Cami reappeared.

"What the fuck is this?"

"Camille-"

"I'm not talking to you." She snapped at me. "Tia you're just gonna let some fucking thot try and feel up on him?"

"First of all, I'm not a thot so-"

"Bitch was I talking to you?" Her face was flushed red and it looked like she was gonna explode any second.

"You know what? I'm just gonna leave, I only came over here 'cause she asked me too. I'm not tryin to fight anyone."

"Ooh so you brought a bitch over here to him? What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"Cami it's not-"

"It's not what? It's not what it looks like? 'Cause it looks like you wanted him cheat on me but it didn't fucking work!"

"Just listen-"

She was cut off by Cami pretty much jumping on her, they went back and forth wailing on each other before Lamar and I could pull them apart.

"Come on, we're leaving."

I lead her outside and we had to wait for the valet to pull up my mulsanne before we could go.

"Are you okay?"

She nodded.

"Do you want me to take you home?"

She shook her head no.

"You wanna go home with me?"

She nodded again.

Since she wanted to go to my place, I assumed she wasn't mad at me.

I held her hand as I drove, for majority of ride she didn't want to talk and that was understandable. I thought my friends were fucked up but Tia took it to a whole new level.

As soon as we got to my house, she lost her shit all over again.

"I can't believe this! I would never-"

"I know you're mad but I want you to calm down okay? I'll be right back."

I went into my room and grabbed her a washcloth and one of my t-shirts to change into. When I came back she was sitting on the kitchen aisle waiting for me.

"I hope I didn't ruin your night."

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine. You're the one that just got in a fight."

I wet the washcloth and cleaned up her busted lip.

"Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me baby. I'm sorry this happened."

"It's okay...it's not your fault." She sighed. "I just....I wish people would just leave our relationship alone."

"Sooner or later everyone will realize no matter how hard they try to tear us apart, they cant and that's when they'll leave us alone."

"I hope it's sooner rather than later 'cause..." She rubbed her eyes. "Never mind....I'm tired."

"Let's go to sleep then. We can finish talking tomorrow."