Chapter 9

Abel:
"What the hell?" I woke up on Camille's couch, it was 5:30 in the morning and I had a headache. I assumed she let me sleep there because I was too drunk to drive myself home. I got up and grabbed my keys and jacket from off the table before heading out the door, I didn't wanna wake up the twins or Camille she was probably already mad.

"Hey bro, you up?" I texted La Mar as I got in my truck.

"Never went to sleep" he replied.

"Meet me at place in 20 min"

"Alright. You good?"

"Yeah i think" I replied as I pulled out of the garage.

I remembered majority of last night. I was babysitting, Cami came home mad, then I told her I love her. That's it.
What the fuck made me tell Cami that I love her? I don't love her. I don't think I do, at least. We've only been around each other again for a few weeks. I couldn't love her that fast.

By time I got to my place La Mar was already there.

"What's up man?" He asked as I walked in and immediately went for the bottle of Bacardi on the table.

"I don't even know man." I sighed as I took a drink from the bottle.

Bella:
I woke up and rolled over looking for Abel. "What the hell he didn't come home?" I thought to myself as I got out of bed and walked down the hallway.

"Abel?" No response. "Ab-" I heard talking coming from the balcony, it was Abel and La Mar.

"So you just said it?" La Mar asked.

"Yeah. I just remember I said 'I love you' and I think I might have tried to kiss her but she stopped me."

"Man you were twisted." La Mar laughed. "Do you think you love her though?"

"I'm not sure."

"How you not sure nigga?"

"All I can think about is when we broke up...We really had something but I fucked it up and when I did, it hurt both us. I'm sure it hurt her more than me considering she was secretly raising our children."

"True. So what are you are you gonna do?"

"Stay the fuck outta my feels." Abel laughed. "I can't afford to be falling in love with anybody right now."

I walked back into the bedroom and sat in bed. What the fuck did Abel mean he couldn't fall in love with anyone right now? We've been together for months, I was in his music video, he better fucking love me.

"Oh hey, Bella" Abel walked in the room making me lose my train of thought.

"Hi Abel."

"You good? You look mad or somethin?"

"No I'm fine...You know I just don't like mornings."

"Oh okay. You going out today?"

"I don't know."

"Alright then. You sure you're okay?"

"Abel do you love me?" Holy shit, I didn't mean to say that.

"Bella..." He sat on the bed next to me.

"It's okay."

"I really like you. I just can't love right now."

"I understand." I nodded, but I really didn't understand. What was he so afraid of that made him not want to love anymore? Hurting me or himself?