Chapter 29 (new)

I know I already published a chapter 29 but I didn't like where the story was going, so I unpublished it and here's a new one. Enjoy 🌞 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Camille:
"Sooo...how did things go with Abel last night?" My mom asked with a big smile.

"Everything went fine. We talked and I forgave him so now I just wanna forget it ever happened."

"That's understandable." She nodded. "So now that that's over, what's in the future for you two?"

"As far as what?"

"Anything... Like I know you guys are technically still not engaged, so when is that gonna happen?"

I shrugged. "Whenever Abel proposes."

"Why do you seem so nonchalant about it?"

"Don't get me wrong, I love Abel and I do wanna spend the rest of my life with him...It's just that when it comes time for us to get married, I want our relationship to be in the best place it can possibly be and as of now, we're not there yet."

"What do you think needs to happen for you guys to get to that place?"

"I really just think we need time. Time with each other, with out anything getting in the way. No lies or hoes or fighting..."

"Back when your father and I were together, we kind of went through something similar. We loved each other to pieces but we were so different that we just couldn't get along. So we moved into the same house and surprisingly, it helped. We  started to understand each other more and got along so much better that we ended up having you and your brothers."

"Yeah, you also ended up getting a divorce."

"That was years later." She rolled her eyes. "Anyway, what I'm saying is maybe that's what you two need. To lived under one roof, as a family."

"He's mentioned us living together before...and I know the twins would be really happy if we did, so I guess it's worth a try."

Abel:
"Yo, is Abel for real with this 'I'm in love shit?' " Hyghly asked Sal and Cash. I had just finished recording and was still in the booth, so I guess he thought I couldn't hear them, but his dumbass was leaning on the intercom button.

"I guess." Cash shrugged. "I thought Abel would be the last of us to fall in that trap though."

"Me too, and I thought he'd get like a model bitch. Camille is cute but she's just....regular."

"It's different but-"

"I think she's just using him." Sal interrupted Cash. "It's funny she didn't want Abel to know about the kids til he blew up."

I took my headphones off and came out the booth. "Aye if y'all wanna talk shit, do it-"

"Wooooah." Hyghly shook his head. "We weren't even talking shit man. We just said it was kinda weird that she popped up when she did and now y'all are in love and shit."

"Its weird that I'm with somebody I actually love and that loves me too? Cami doesn't care about my money or fame. So what makes y'all think I'm getting used? 'Cause shes 'regular' and not some drugged out model bitch that would actually use me?  Unlike those dumbass hoes y'all would rather see me with, Cami is smart. She went to school and can make her own money. She doesn't need me."

"If you say so." Sal shrugged. "I just thought-"

"Look nigga, I don't care what you thought okay? And next time y'all wanna talk about me, make sure no ones leaning on the intercom."

I was beyond irritated and couldn't stand to hear anything else they would have to say so I left. I wanted to  see the twins and knew they'd be out of school soon so I went over to Cami's.

"Hey, I didn't know you were coming over."

"My bad." I kissed her forehead. "I meant to call."

"It's okay. Are you alright? You look mad."

"The guys pissed me off but I'm good."

I sat down on the couch and she sat in my lap.

"What happened?"

"Don't worry about it." I knew it would only make her upset if I told her what they had said. "I'm here with you now so none of that matters."

"Okay...Are you staying tonight?"

"Of course, I wanna see Ava and AJ."

"I know they really wanna see you too." She smiled. "I don't think I've told you that I'm proud of you."

"You are?"

"Yeah. I know it must've been weird for you to jump right into the father role but you're surprisingly not as bad as I thought you'd be. Honestly other than the Vegas trip...I think you're doing a good job so far."

"Thank you...but I think I could be doing better."

"How?"

"I don't see them everyday like I want to and I know they probably don't care but it bothers me that I'm not around all the time."

"Well...I have a suggestion that might help."

"What is it?"

"My mom and I were talking this morning and she thinks if we lived together...we'd have less problems. "

"And you agree with her?"

She nodded.

"Seriously?" Every single time I bought up us living together Cami would just brush me off, so her bringing it up caught me off guard.

"Yeah, I know I was hesitant about it before, but now I think it'd be good for us to actually start living like a family." 

Hearing her say that made me happy, 'cause that's all I wanted. Her, Ava and AJ with me all the time, like a family should be.