Special Chapter: Luis Valentine

Luis' POV:

My family have always served as the royal family's legal advisors for as long as I can remember.

After I graduated from Harvard along with my close friends, Prince Leone and Charles.

I began my work, serving the royal family as the head of the Prince's legal team.

It was a very demanding job since all the prince's legal matters are handled by me and a group of lawyers and secretaries he has chosen.

But the main reason why the prince trusts me so much was because we have been friends since childhood.

Being royalty has its ups and downs, among then was not knowing who to trust but I had fostered a bond with Leone and Charles since our university days.

We had good times and we have times when we fought over women, opinions and even food.

But in the end, these disagreements only serve to strengthen our friendship.

Presently I am still the Prince's legal advisor and lawyer.

But then I was also Henry's lawyer.

The reason why is because when he was exiled, Leone asked that I look after his uncle the moment we graduated.

This meant travel. A lot of travel.

Henry had been to Amsterdam, Italy, Russia and even Norway during his exile and when he could not settle in any of them.

He then travelled to Asia and visited several countries like S.Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Taiwan.

But to my surpise, he picked the Philippines to settle in.

I had everything prepared for him since he made his choice. I had originally tried to settle him on a more established residence in Makati but he suddenly asked that I make arrangements to settle him in a Nursing Home for the Aged.

It was unheard of for someone of Henry's stature to settle in such a place but the old man was nothing but stubborn so I had my team settle him at a high end Nursing Home and made sure he had the best of care because I know that he has a heart condition that started developing when he was in Italy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Henry had settled down, the next 5 years became busy for me.

Since I had business in Illyria,I would usually stay there unless Henry needed me.

Flying to the Philippines often leaves me jet lagged most of the time but if it is Henry, I would have to endure it.

The old duke has always been friendly and kind. My friend Leone treasures him hence I do my best.

The first time I heard of Sarina was during the first year of Henry's stay at the new home. I stayed for a month to make sure his documents were in other; his identity as a duke was concealed at his request. That and this was the sixth home for the aged that agreed to accept him despite the complaints and his eccentric behavior.

The duke has been feeling the effects of his illness and was in constant pain, he would stubbornly refuse his medications and become depressed. But he would also complain about a young female nurse who does not seem to fear him and would always manage him effortlessly like how a daughter takes care of a disgruntled father.

Somehow the way he mentioned her countless times made me smile; like any other royalty, Henry's tantrums can make people cower but it was kinda nice having someone who is not intimidated by his manners.