Chapter 31: An Unexpected Meeting

Sarina:

It was late afternoon before Jinri went back to her hotel which was coincidentally adjacent to the hotel where I was staying.

I had K.C run to the front desk to request some lunch and to track down my cousin and her bodyguard while I went to use the little restroom.

As I finished touching up my face, I turned to leave while wondering how Leone is doing right now.

It has only been a few days and yet... I want to see him... Hear his voice...

Just as I was lost in my thoughts; I bumped headlong into a stranger as I took a turn by the corner. From the sound of his grunt, he must have been surprised as I lost my balance and was about to fall on my butt.

A strong arm caught me by the waist and steadied me, saving me from any embarrassment. I looked up and smiled widely as I recognized his face.

The shape of his jaw, that towering height. It was Leone!

"You're here! How are you here? Oh, I missed you so much." I hugged him and reached out to pull him down for a kiss on his cheek.

"Well well well, how bold of you..." the voice was of a different pitch, making me stop before I actually planted a kiss.

Now that you mention it, when did he have time to dye his hair black?

I backed away but the stranger's grip on me never loosened up. In fact, it became even firmer as he reached out and pulled off my sunglasses.

My vision became clearer without the dark tint shielding my gaze and I saw a man who could have been Leone's look alike.

He was not classically handsome but his charisma was practically oozing out, He has black wavy hair, dark skin like polished oak but his eye color were an odd mix of blue and violet. It was a bewitching color combination.

Did I miss him so much that I could not even see such a difference now? Oh dear, this is so embarrassing.

"I apologize, sir. I mistook you for someone else, Please... could you be so kind as to let me go? " I nevertheless held my head up high and tried to fix this disaster.

He stared at me a bit longer, looking at my body until his gaze went to my face and lingered on my eyes before he let me go but not before taking my hand and kissing it.

" A shame I am not the man you were looking for. Farewell Duchess, It was nice to finally meet you." he elegantly bowed and pivoted gracefully as he walked the other way.

He then winked at me before he disappeared into the crowded reception hall.

I froze on the spot before I took a deep breath. Thank God he was not one of those types that pursue a woman incessantly even when it was evident that they made a mistake.

He knew who I was, but then again... Everyone knows who I am now.

"I must really miss you a lot, Leone. " I sighed as I met up with K.C, who was finished with her errand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Don't be nervous cuz, you look so gorgeous! I knew that picking this elegant dress would compliment your eyes." Sey's smile made me turn around as the skirt flowed against my full hips.

The reunion's theme was mermaid or tropical colors. So before flying to Coron, my cousin and I shopped until we decided on this simple iridescent dress of sea anemone purple, it looks dark purple at first but when I turn, the fabric shimmers with shades of light silver and lilac tones.