Chapter 76: Abstinance

A few weeks after the Laila incident...

Sarina's POV:

Ahhhhh...

I relaxed as I basked in the sunlight as I sipped on a nice cold margarita while reading a very comprehensive medical manual on certain operation procedures.

Currently, we are on an extended vacation. After the messy incident involving Laila Al Hossan, Leone thought that we need more time alone without anyone intruding on us.

But what makes it strange is that there was no report of her even going missing. No scandal or whispers or rumors....

It was as if...she just vanished without a trace.

That made me wonder about Leone and how the Mirage Agency managed to wipe out a person's existence.

Deep inside, I am just glad she will not be able to hurt the ones I love and care for.

Sey has already started school and we talked about me finally loosening my hold on her as a guardian. She and I will always be sisters despite the fact that we are cousins but she did agree that to my suggestion of someone checking in on her from time to time just to see if she is doing well.

Nikolette stayed for a while but she had to leave me because she was needed at her "day" job as a fashion designer but promised to invite me to Paris for a cup of coffee is I ever come back.

Freed from looking over their shoulder since Laila's disappearance, Kassim and Lily traveled to Asia for a change of pace but they still had to watch out for other dangers. Leone told me that he assigned a capable shadow agent to watch over them as they travel.

Currently, Luis and Charles are running La Belle during Leone's absence but at times they do bother him on his phone or laptop for their expansion plans. That is only if matters are urgent, otherwise, they are capable of handling a multi-billion euro company.

As for King Joram, he is preparing to pass the crown to his son and Leone's training for it should begin in....a few years. From what I heard from Cat; he was smiling a lot more and even invited us to dine as a family. He has also been trying to reach out to Sey and they seem to be taking baby steps together as father and child

Princess Catherine or Cat was the person I wanted to meet again. After the accident; my memories of her are a bit blurry but she sounded so nice over the phone the few times but when we met at an event she hosted a few days ago in Paris, she treated me as if I was a long lost sister than a stranger.

As for Leone....

A large splash from the beach made me look up. The sunlight blinded me for a second so I had to look away but then as I was able to squint my eyes...

His huge muscled body glowed with good health as his dusky skin was dripping wet with salty seawater as he lifted a brawny arm to pull back his blonde hair off his face. His amber eyes looked like gold as the light shined on him.

When our eyes met. I could not help but shiver in delight and the realization that he was mine.

I have seen a few news and tabloids around Europe of how our engagement has broken many women's hearts around the world. Apparently, he was popular as one of the most eligible bachelor amongst the European social circles.

And yet he chose me....

"You stay in the shade way too long, love. Swim with me." he came towards me and pulled out my book from my grasp, his eyes skimming over the title. "Did I not tell you that you are prohibited from studying while we are on this vacation?"