Chapter 20 Part 1: The Charity Gala

Sarina's POV:

"You want me....to convince Leone and get him to come to the gala?"

I asked Cat who had called early in the morning while making breakfast.

"Yeah. You see my brother stubbornly refused the invite because he wanted to spend the last few days with you." The princess huffed and then her voice turned sweet as cream. "Please?"

I blushed at her words. Ever since that time in town where he practically seduced me and filled me with the need to come back, Leone has been very sweet to me since then.

Last night he spooned me from behind and touched me gently in hopes of arousing me while kissing my sensitive spots.

Then just before I head out into the kitchen, we had a quickie by the door because he was "ready" for me and would not leave me alone.

The memory alone made my cheeks flare up, It felt really good being wanted by a man who was reportedly one of the most eligible royalties in Europe.

" I don't know if I can be of much help Cat but if this really means a lot to you. I can try." My voice became quivery as I flipped the pancake I was cooking.

"Oh thank you Sarina! You are an angel." She said to me happily and then hung up soon after.

"Was that my sister?" Leone's voice came from the doorway as I finished the last of the pancake stacks.

He was dressed in a loose V-neck long sleeve, the collar was a bit low so it showed his collarbone and emphasized his thick neck, his legs which was encased in thick denim pants was form-fitting and in its simplicity, it just made him more attractive.

"That smells good...."  he looked at the stack of pancakes and then his smile turned into an even bigger one when he saw the small pitcher by the counter. " Blueberries?"

"Ah..yes. I remember that you used to tell me that you love blueberry sauce on your pancakes during our time together in our dreams so...uhm.." my sentence was never finished because he took the plate I was holding and held me close with his free hand before his lips swooped in for a kiss.

It was a playful one, not deep as his usual ones but it was enough to make my heart flutter and my body tremble. He nuzzled my nose affectionately and looked at me with dark heated eyes.

"uh-uh.." I knew that look so I gathered my thoughts and remembered what he was asking. " Cat was calling to invite me to the Gala."

Leone's eyes suddenly became a lighter shade of gold and his smile became a frown upon hearing that piece of news.

"I specifically asked her not to invite me or you. Why does she not understand?" he growled as he let me go and grabbed the blueberry jar, walking towards the dining table in a huff.

Feeling momentarily relieved that he was distracted, I took some plates and utensils and we silently set up the table and began eating.

The blueberry soaked pancakes seem to be a hit with Leone because he finished half a dozen of them, along with half of the bacon and eggs I made. I watched him contented that he was happy with the food I make him even though I knew that as a prince, he has already sampled many top-tiered chef's masterpieces around the world.

Still, he seems to love my food a lot and makes no effort to hide it and that makes me very happy.

"Now back to what you said. My sister asked you to come to the Gala?" he asked, his tone was annoyed and he looked like a sulking child so I tried to reason with him.

"This means a lot to Cat and she would love it if you were there to show your support on her charity projects." I reached out and held his hand, his grip became firm as he intertwined his fingers with mine. The seemingly innocent touch made me nervous as he lazily looked at me. " Also I would love to go to the Gala with you. It would be like our first coming out as...as..."