Final Chapter 79: The Prince's Duchess

5 months after the wedding....

Sorbonne University, Paris

"Sarina, vien vite!"

"Tiens bon, Gene. J'arrive!"

I hurried as my classmate and new friend Genevieve waved at me to hurry up before the professor arrives for today's lecture and demonstration.

So far, I have been adjusting well at my department and the faculty of Medicine has been nothing but accomodating.

At my request, my identity as a princess and queen in waiting has been kept quiet and the head of the school was more than happy to keep my secret so that I can study in peace.

Studying French was a priority and I have become proficient in it on a conversational level but I hope to master it during my time here in Paris.

And now I cannot wait to start my studies and become a doctor that specializes in either obstetrics because I love children or geriatrics. My time at the nursing home made me wish to improve living conditions of elder patients and also give them a measure of peace.

Kind of similar to the care I gave to Henry and my former patient when I was a nurse.

I am sure the old mischievous friend of mine is smiling at me from the heavens.

Come to think of it.

"I should write down a memo to visit Henry when we get back to Illyria."

I wrote it down in my phone's notes as my friend and I sat down just in time for the professor to arrive to start the lecture.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Sarina, On va dîner dehors ce soir, Tu veux venir?" Gene asked me out as I saw a few of her friends waiting for her outside the classroom.

She was asking me out to dine with them but I already have other plans.

"Oh. Je n'en veux pas, mais allez-y." I gave her a smile. "I still have to sort a few packages at home. Next time I will go with you."

My new friend looked disappointed but perked up and held her hand out.

"Tu promets?"

"Oui, je promets." I shook her hand and she skipped towards her friends while I checked my phone for and it rang.

"Bonjour?"I picked it up

"Bonjour mon cheri." My husband's voice made me laugh as I left the university buildings to wait out the gates.

"Hello to you too, husband. I am heading home. Will you be late?" I asked him.

"I am actually here."

A loud honk from a sleek, red Bugatti car made me look up. Leone waved to me as I walked closer to it.

I got in and my husband took my bag and books and placed them at the back as I sat beside him and put on my seat belt before he kissed me.

"Mmmmm...How was your day?"

"Same old meetings, proposals to go through and online presentations." He murmured before he kissed me again but he ended it briefly as he drove us out.