Chapter 74: La Famiglia e tutto

Leo's POV:

After that incident, Laila spent days trying to seduce me whether I was awake or asleep.

And every attempt failed, which was a godsend in my book because I could have used my power on her except...

She is wearing some kind of ear plugs that allows her to hear me but somehow I cannot seem to take full control of her with my ability....

Which is frustrating. That kind of power dampening technology must have been stolen from Mirage when some of the agents became traitors. I have to make a mental note to ask Nikolette and Luis to dispatch a retrieval team to take it back and burn the evidence.

As for my former love's numerous seduction efforts, my body remains uninterested even she tried to feed me some drug that makes you horny.

And the worse of it was her lies that she says day by day to weaken my resolve and disrupt my faith in Sarina.

"It has been days and no news of your precious woman looking for you?"

"She must have given up, That girl is aware of who you truly love. She was merely a replacement."

"I am the one you love, isn't that right Leone?"

But contrary to her fabrications, I can feel my fiancee's connection me and it has not diminished at all.

This further confirms that my connection with Sarina remains strong.

I have read accounts of various account of my ancestors reporting how they are always tempted by females but they only react to their chosen mates as a result of the connection.

Guess that means they are not easy to arouse anymore unless it was an attempt from their mate. I can understand where they are coming from..

I miss Sarina's sweet scent and her gentle dainty hands on my body, her presence and the way she approaches sex was exhilarating and never fails to excite me.

It makes Laila's seduction attempts seem like a pale imitation of what love making could be.

"Maybe this might get you stiff enough." She showed me a text message. The sender was her and the recipient answered that she will go. "Your stupid fiancee has agreed to walk into my trap once again....all because she wants to play hero and rescue you, isn't that cute? My lover's men are starving for a girl and she will do...nicely."

I looked at the message and then at her, my face masked so that she does not see the turmoil underneath it.

"What are you planning Laila?"

She smirked and leaned close and bit my shoulder hard. I stifled a groan of discomfort as she pulled away.

"Oh nothing. Well maybe just finishing the plan your team ruined when I paid a sniper to shot her with an aphrodisiac shot?" She looked delighted by the idea. "Only this time, I will make sure that she never looks you in the eye ever again after my lover's men have fun and violate her."

She then laughed at my face, her voice shrill and excited. As if the prospect of a female getting gang raped was a good thing...

"What happened to you Laila? " I voices out my curiosity even as I hid my revulsion and anger at the woman who once made me feel something..

"Me? A lot of things happened. I learned how my beauty and sexual prowess can bring men to their knees. I received wealth and power. I loved it! But then amidst my success, I neglected my feelings for you Leone. When I tried to win you back...you threw me away!" She shrieked as she grabbed  me by my shirt. "And for what? That chubby lump of mediocrity?"